September 22, 2019, 12:47:16 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 172845 times)

June 06, 2018, 03:40:58 PM
Reply #420

tisonlyjk

I made the same mistake of kind of panicking when I read the articles at first.

I think a clear out of around 12-15 off the books and four proper quality additions, Left Full, Centre Half, Central Mid and Striker (and maybe a winger if Bolasie goes) would be a good window for me.

June 06, 2018, 03:43:54 PM
Reply #421

Hawkandro

People need to read between the lines with things like this.

Of course we have money to spend, but we have 38 players, 75% of which are probably not good enough/earning too much for what they bring to the team. It would be suicidal to keep on spending without addressing the massive imbalance in both numbers and player positions.

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 06, 2018, 03:57:47 PM
Reply #422

Macca77

June 06, 2018, 03:57:52 PM
Reply #423

Hawkandro

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:59:12 PM by Hawkandro »

June 06, 2018, 03:58:48 PM
Reply #424

Macca77

Out with the shite, in the with quality

Simple as that.

June 06, 2018, 04:18:02 PM
Reply #425

Free Agent

I made the same mistake of kind of panicking when I read the articles at first.

I think a clear out of around 12-15 off the books and four proper quality additions, Left Full, Centre Half, Central Mid and Striker (and maybe a winger if Bolasie goes) would be a good window for me.

We need a back up keeper too

June 06, 2018, 04:48:02 PM
Reply #426

Bluedylan

He could have said "there will be some funding available but it's necessary to trim the squad first"..something like that.

Only a tiny percentage of fans read these threads on forums. The majority see news in the papers and they are all now reading 'cash strapped everton need to sell in order to buy'.
I mean, it's obvious to all, the squad needs to be reduced significantly.
But for the majority, who may have got a bit excited by the new brands/silva partnership, they may be left just a little deflated.
Not saying I believe there's no money available mind

It's not Brands' fault or concern that some fans are fucking idiots, who can't understand basic messages that have been communicated (not aimed at you btw). But genuinely, some people will fly off the handle over anything they've misunderstood, and you can't really legislate for or work around that kind of idiocy.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 06, 2018, 04:57:36 PM
Reply #427

Bluedylan

I enjoyed Brands' 'some of the conversations will not be nice' comment, about letting some of the big earners go. That tells me he's more than ready to deal with that side of things, and will happily tell people they're not wanted here.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 06, 2018, 05:06:41 PM
Reply #428

tisonlyjk

We need a back up keeper too

Id imagine that would be Stekelenburg with Hewelt as third choice

June 06, 2018, 05:08:31 PM
Reply #429

sam of the south

I enjoyed Brands' 'some of the conversations will not be nice' comment, about letting some of the big earners go. That tells me he's more than ready to deal with that side of things, and will happily tell people they're not wanted here.

Hopefully, unlike Koeman, he will keep the outcome of those conversations private.

Im sure he will, he seems brighter, more shrewd, and not an arsehole.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 06, 2018, 06:52:05 PM
Reply #430

Hawkandro

Out with the shite, in the with quality

Simple as that.

OK Koke.

June 06, 2018, 07:00:57 PM
Reply #431

indiantoffee1975

We're miles off that, and we're not just going to go out and sign top UCL talent out of nowhere are we? Why on earth would they come to Everton? Be honest with yourself.

Got to start somewhere to make that step up, will need statement signings at some point to break back into that top six unless we are content with 7th place for the next three seasons under Silva.

June 06, 2018, 07:05:34 PM
Reply #432

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Got to start somewhere to make that step up, will need statement signings at some point to break back into that top six unless we are content with 7th place for the next three seasons under Silva.

Mate, there's absolutely no chance we are signing the players you've mentioned.

It's ridiculous to even suggest signing players like Koke and Werner in the position we are in.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 06, 2018, 07:11:16 PM
Reply #433

Macca77

Werner will got to Bayern to replace Lewandowski

June 06, 2018, 07:16:44 PM
Reply #434

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

For Werner, I'd gladly swap ALL of our "spare" forwards type players - Rooney, Niasse, Sandro, Klaassen, Mirallas AND a few mil on top...

But its never going to happen. Has Bayern or the like written all over. Unfortunately we wont be attracting players like that. YET!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:24:18 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »