September 21, 2019, 03:48:54 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 172688 times)

June 06, 2018, 07:20:52 PM
Reply #435

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Forget about Werner honestly.

If we get Lozano it would be an unbelievable statement signing.

And besides - we’re past statement signings, it’s all about the suave and savvy business blues these days.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 06, 2018, 07:22:55 PM
Reply #436

blue slug

Koke and werner are just not viable targets at all

June 06, 2018, 08:18:54 PM
Reply #437

Bluedylan

Forget about Werner honestly.

If we get Lozano it would be an unbelievable statement signing.

And besides - we’re past statement signings, it’s all about the suave and savvy business blues these days.

Yeah I defo think we need to make a Lukaku type signing this summer where other people go ‘oh aye’. Lozano does seem to fit the bill.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 06, 2018, 08:25:44 PM
Reply #438

Evertonian in NC

Hopefully, unlike Koeman, he will keep the outcome of those conversations private.

I’m sure he will, he seems brighter, more shrewd, and not an arsehole.

Why do you think the press conference was so full of public praise for Rooney?  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 06, 2018, 08:39:09 PM
Reply #439

dunkster

Why do you think the press conference was so full of public praise for Rooney?  :D

Too much praise for Rooney. Was kinda cringe talking about him being a legend.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 06, 2018, 08:45:51 PM
Reply #440

Evertonian in NC

Too much praise for Rooney. Was kinda cringe talking about him being a legend.

I thought that at first, but Sam's (and a few others) post made me have a think on it.  Partially, it smooths over any hard feelings from any conversations the past few weeks along the lines of "sure, you have a contract here, but you are not in our plans and you won't be on the pitch" and even more, it makes it look like a fait accompli that Wayne is moving on, and he becomes the bad guy if he digs in his heels and tries to reverse course and stay.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 06, 2018, 08:54:10 PM
Reply #441

dunkster

Too much over thinking and over doing it to be honest.
"Wayne has the opportunity to join DC and there's a good chance he might make that move. If he does good luck to him. Hopefully in the future he can come back in a coaching capacity"

That's all he has to say as far as I'm concerned
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 06, 2018, 09:06:10 PM
Reply #442

Mac934

Has anyone mentioned Daley Blind in this thread? Left sided full back, centre half and defensive midfielder. 28 years old, so not bad age wise. I think he could be a good aquasition for a few years, contract expiring at Man Utd. Worth a punt? I know it's another Man U reject, but I think he could do a job for us. Reasonable fee of course.

June 06, 2018, 09:32:00 PM
Reply #443

KoemansNumberTens

Personally I wouldn’t mind fellaini back on a free

June 06, 2018, 09:35:38 PM
Reply #444

Evertonian in NC

Sure, depending on his motivation/attitude.  Don't want a new not-so-Super Kev on our hands.

June 06, 2018, 09:46:08 PM
Reply #445

Hawkandro

Has anyone mentioned Daley Blind in this thread? Left sided full back, centre half and defensive midfielder. 28 years old, so not bad age wise. I think he could be a good aquasition for a few years, contract expiring at Man Utd. Worth a punt? I know it's another Man U reject, but I think he could do a job for us. Reasonable fee of course.

I'd be happy with Blind replacing RFM on the left side of the defence.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 06, 2018, 09:56:03 PM
Reply #446

Waltzer

Wouldnt be totally against it but cant see it happening though as he'd want a wedge and is 30, both the things we're trying to move away from, really expensive old players.

June 06, 2018, 09:58:56 PM
Reply #447

Waltzer

Didnt realise Jonny Evans had a 3.5 million release clause, thats a bit of a bargain, although 30 again!

June 06, 2018, 10:04:54 PM
Reply #448

blue slug

Didnt realise Jonny Evans had a 3.5 million release clause, thats a bit of a bargain, although 30 again!

Even at 30 at that price a better option than mori or williams

June 06, 2018, 10:10:22 PM
Reply #449

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We’re in a completely different market to the like of Blind, Felliani and Evans though.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown