October 16, 2019, 02:44:05 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 176337 times)

June 07, 2018, 02:39:30 PM
Reply #480

Hawkandro

I think Everton should consider looking into this Sander Berge from Norway. He's the next big thing. Very good to be this young and already in the Norway A-Team. Big, strong and good passer off the ball. Had approx. 90 % accuracy against Panama last night.

We've been linked with Berge a few times.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 07, 2018, 02:46:27 PM
Reply #481

dunkster

Not convinced by the 4-3-3 formation he says he'll adopt. I don't really want to be relying on gana doing too much link up/creativity in opposition half.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 02:51:07 PM
Reply #482

Bluedylan

Not convinced by the 4-3-3 formation he says he'll adopt. I don't really want to be relying on gana doing too much link up/creativity in opposition half.

Where's he said that?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 07, 2018, 02:59:58 PM
Reply #483

blue slug

Where's he said that?

He definitely said 433 but not that gana would be innan advanced role?

June 07, 2018, 03:15:43 PM
Reply #484

Macca77

433 and high pressing, should be interesting

June 07, 2018, 03:27:06 PM
Reply #485

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The 3 in the middle is dependant on what midfielders he has available.

If there’s no deep lying DM he’d play 4-2-3-1

June 07, 2018, 03:29:31 PM
Reply #486

TheTone

i'll be fuming if we start arsing around with 3 at the back again

June 07, 2018, 03:31:16 PM
Reply #487

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

For us tactical nerds, some stattos evaluated Silva's formation/play style and it was a very lose 4-3-3 which was more a 4-2-3-1 on the ball 4-1-4-1 off it. I think we are going to see a lot more of a flexible and tactically fluid formation than our shit formations/tactics of late. The main philosophy is actually having energetic players that are very comfortable on the ball, can receive it, move with it and pass it well, so based on that, we need half an outfield:

Pickford

Coleman ..... New CB ..... New CB ..... A fit Baines

New DCM ........... New DCM
A fit Sigurdsson

Walcott ............................. ... Lookman
New Striker

I would say we need a new heart. We need a quality central midfielder imo, a proper leader that actually knows the game and can interpret managerial instruction. Perhaps someone on the same wavelength as Silva and can speak the lingo and pick up the detail that may be lost with others. A presence, and someone with a lot of experience, respect and a good age. Carvalho for me ticks quite a lot of those boxes.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:44:45 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

June 07, 2018, 03:44:29 PM
Reply #488

Cereal Killer

For us tactical nerds, some stattos evaluated Silva's formation/play style and it was a very lose 4-3-3 which was more a 4-2-3-1 on the ball 4-1-4-1 off it. I think we are going to see a lot more of a flexible and tactically fluid formation than our shit formations/tactics of late. The main philosophy is actually having energetic players that are very comfortable on the ball, can receive it, move with it and pass it well, so based on that, we need half an outfield:

Pickford

Coleman ..... New CB ..... New CB ..... A fit Baines

New DCM ..... New DCM

Walcott ..... A fit Sigurdsson ..... Lookman

New Striker

I would say we need a new heart. We need a quality central midfielder imo, a proper leader that actually knows the game and can interpret managerial instruction. Perhaps someone on the same wavelength as Silva and can speak the lingo and pick up the detail that may be lost with others. A presence, and someone with a lot of experience, respect and a good age. Carvalho for me ticks quite a lot of those boxes.

I'd rather we give the current squad a chance than lashing another 150m on replacing half the team. They've not been doing it as they've been told to play a certain way under previous shit managers. Some might just be able to run and move when coached to do it

June 07, 2018, 03:46:00 PM
Reply #489

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Agreed. Surely cant be worse than last season. I want to see more of Lookman and Vlasic, and wish we would sort something out with Henry.

June 07, 2018, 03:53:04 PM
Reply #490

WeimaranerBlues

4-3-3  still think we will go in with same back 4

Pickford

Coleman ..... Jags .....Keane ..... Baines

Gueye ..Sigurdsson... CM

Walcott ....Tosun.  ..... Lookman

June 07, 2018, 04:04:17 PM
Reply #491

Lxxx

I'd rather we give the current squad a chance than lashing another 150m on replacing half the team. They've not been doing it as they've been told to play a certain way under previous shit managers. Some might just be able to run and move when coached to do it

I'm more on board with this approach. We could sign no-one and still finish 7th next season under a manager with a proper plan. I'd much rather the new management structure took their time and bought slowly and wisely so the squad evolves properly.

June 07, 2018, 04:41:06 PM
Reply #492

Mac934

4-3-3  still think we will go in with same back 4

Pickford

Coleman ..... Jags .....Keane ..... Baines

Gueye ..Sigurdsson... CM

Walcott ....Tosun.  ..... Lookman

swap Gueye to the right and Davies left. That's the same team I quoted earlier. A younger Baines type LB and give it a go. I think Davies will improve under Silva.

June 07, 2018, 04:43:36 PM
Reply #493

themilkycoffees

Conor Grant leaves on a free transfer to Plymouth Argyle.

June 07, 2018, 04:44:24 PM
Reply #494

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The 3 in the middle is dependant on what midfielders he has available.

If there’s no deep lying DM he’d play 4-2-3-1

I’m leaning towards this ATM because otherwise how dya fit gylfi in?

Carvalho
   Gueye

Walcott Gylfi Lozano

Tosun

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.