October 14, 2019, 04:26:03 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 175829 times)

June 07, 2018, 07:19:58 PM
Read 175829 times

eugene

We need to buy wisely because there's some silly prices being bandied about.
12 months too late that comment mate

June 21, 2018, 02:18:52 AM
Reply #1

eugene

Yeah, we've a few panic merchants around as usual. It's not like if we did nothing all summer the squad we have is going to get in trouble again, just a fresh approach and few more attempts on goal would be a step in the right direction.

I'd rather we used the summer to clear out the shite, bring two or three players in only if they will improve us and then let Silva and Brands asses the squad during the first part of the season. We're not going to turn it all around in one window so there's no point making wholesale changes yet again. I get the impression that there's bit more of an air of professionalism about the club now and we'll be doing things more methodically and away from the public eye.
Fully agree I believe we have learned a very wise lesson in keeping our cards firmly to our chests,
The media know absolutely nish with regards to our transfer plans and as such are in full speculative mode.
We will sign probably 3 good players on our terms and maybe 3 surplice players will leave.
THIS is what Brands will bring, dignified and a return to the days when we where seen as a team of pure professionalism and class and I for one am elated

July 11, 2018, 11:31:18 PM
Reply #2

eugene

The day I start worrying about what West Ham, Burnley, Leicester and Wolves are doing is the I pack footy in for good! Let them throw money away by overpaying for average players, they will still finish below us next season
Just the way we did last season you mean

July 18, 2018, 12:32:57 AM
Reply #3

eugene

Hell yea letís just roll with what weíve got I mean we won 22-0 the weekend🤭

July 25, 2018, 11:25:38 PM
Reply #4

eugene

He said the other player is a striker.

Not that we should be taking any notice of what Myers says.
Zaha?

July 28, 2018, 02:57:43 PM
Reply #5

eugene

We just love a Portuguese midfielder transfer saga don't we.
We must be done battling with West Ham enter Wolves ffs

July 30, 2018, 01:06:02 AM
Reply #6

eugene

From what I can see Mina isnít too keen, why are we pursuing players who canít be arsed with us? Move on

August 01, 2018, 01:56:24 AM
Reply #7

eugene

Word is he doesn't fancy tosun.
Heís a funny one Tosun, looks keen chest out hair paint on but never quite delivers

August 01, 2018, 02:09:17 AM
Reply #8

eugene

I think Tosun is decent and will get around 12-15 goals in the Premier League but I think a lack of real pace means he'll never quite be top class. I like him though as he words hard and is a decent footballer.
Itís his final touch and awareness I think heís a little lacking in, letís see I hope Iím wrong after all he only signed last winter

August 03, 2018, 01:05:38 AM
Reply #9

eugene

hard to convince people to part with money for 30+ year olds nobody wants, at least this way hes not stinking the place out and were not paying wages
You have hit the nail right on the head mate, in the real world companies usually let people go and not work there notice,It can cause disharmony among the troops.
For me I will be glad to see the back of Kevin, since he brushed Baines aside for that infamous penalty Iíve marked him as a bully.
A bully has no place in a TEAM

August 07, 2018, 02:52:23 AM
Reply #10

eugene

Tbh. ..the guy has had a monumental pile of shite to rid us of ...he even found a sucker to take Williams and Mirallas ....let's not do him down already ,because we have trouble inviting any half decent players to our lets face it shitshow (the last few seasons)....we've got two cracking replacements already ....and they are looking in the right areas ,which was obviously missed the last three years minimum by board and countless managers.

It's gonna take more than one window to get what we need easily ....

Whatever next ???...people will want Walsh back although brands has had fuck all time ....next it will be Marco's fault and by Christmas (if not before) some flappers calling for big Sam again .
nerry a ball kicked in the prem and some sharpening knives polishing pitchforks already .. :thumbsup:
Even with no other signings we will float to the top ten easily .
And then we got the Bernard news!