September 23, 2019, 12:04:09 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 173015 times)

June 07, 2018, 07:17:31 PM
Reply #510

sam of the south

Just think Sigurdsson is miles better than him at pretty much everything in any position in the midfield.

Admittedly I don't really see what others do in Vlasic.

He shows great composure in protecting the ball in tight situations, and quick feet.

I really hope Sigurdsson is suited to a high-press, I just fear he won’t be, because it really is a young man’s way of playing.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 07, 2018, 07:19:16 PM
Reply #511

sam of the south

He’s becoming a wonderful player but not being deemed good enough by 2 managers

Not sure that not being played by Koeman and Allardyce should be a black mark on a player, quite the opposite in fact.

Vlasic, Lookman, and Holgate will do much better under a manager like Silva.

June 07, 2018, 07:19:23 PM
Reply #512

Robioto

Morgan Schneiderlin - 15 mill
Ashley Williams - 2.5 mill
Yannick Bolasie - 14 mill
Sandro Ramirez - 9 mill
Wayne Rooney - free
Kevin Mirallas - 3 mill
Eliaquim Mangala - free return
Cuco Martina - 3 mill
James McCarthy - 6 mill
Oumar Niasse - 7 mill
Ramiro Funes Mori - 10mill
Kieran Dowell (LOAN)
Brendan Galloway (LOAN)
Joel Robles - free?
Luke Garbutt - 1mill
Matthew Pennington (LOAN)
Shani Tarashaj - 1 mill
Tyias Browning - 1mill
Henry Onyekuru (LOAN)

About 70 mill tops of player sales ??

I think the wage budget decrease will be much more important than what we get back, but yeah, I don't think we will got a whole lot fee wise, especially as clubs know we are desperate to trim the squad.

Going by estimates I've read elsewhere these players leaving would leave save us well in excess of £40,000,000 per year (or £770,000+ per week) in wages. It's an astronomical amount.

June 07, 2018, 07:19:58 PM
Reply #513

eugene

We need to buy wisely because there's some silly prices being bandied about.
12 months too late that comment mate

June 07, 2018, 07:20:10 PM
Reply #514

dunkster

It's going to take a full season of silvas tactics before we will see if our current crop can manage it.
They were all bought with different styles/tactics in mind.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 07:22:31 PM
Reply #515

dunkster

I think the wage budget decrease will be much more important than what we get back, but yeah, I don't think we will got a whole lot fee wise, especially as clubs know we are desperate to trim the squad.

Going by estimates I've read elsewhere these players leaving would leave save us well in excess of £40,000,000 per year (or £770,000+ per week) in wages. It's an astronomical amount.

Surely more than that in wages..Rooney is 150k, m.s is 120k and sandro 110k just to start with.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 07:26:46 PM
Reply #516

Robioto

Surely more than that in wages..Rooney is 150k, m.s is 120k and sandro 110k just to start with.

Yeah it probably is more, £45,000,000 p/a is the figure I've seen banded around if we sold the 10-12 players we are rumored to want rid of. So take my estimate with a pinch of salt. I tried to cover my self with the 'in excess' and '+' as I certainly don't know the exact figures. :)

June 07, 2018, 07:27:49 PM
Reply #517

Mac934

Not sure why nobody has Davies in any of their proposed lineups, I can see Silva really rating him as he’s got the potential to be a good box to box player.

He covers a lot of ground, reasonable pace/dribbling/passing/tackling and young enough to be moulded into how Silva wants him to play
I did!

June 07, 2018, 07:33:16 PM
Reply #518

blue slug

Morgan Schneiderlin - 15 mill
Ashley Williams - 2.5 mill
Yannick Bolasie - 14 mill
Sandro Ramirez - 9 mill
Wayne Rooney - free
Kevin Mirallas - 3 mill
Eliaquim Mangala - free return
Cuco Martina - 3 mill
James McCarthy - 6 mill
Oumar Niasse - 7 mill
Ramiro Funes Mori - 10mill
Kieran Dowell (LOAN)
Brendan Galloway (LOAN)
Joel Robles - free?
Luke Garbutt - 1mill
Shani Tarashaj - 1 mill
Tyias Browning - 1mill
Henry Onyekuru (LOAN)

About 70 mill tops of player sales ??

Realistic sums there dude and the wage bill would be considerably be lowered

June 07, 2018, 07:39:13 PM
Reply #519

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Don’t quote me but I’m sure FFP counts heavily when it comes to wage increases per year also
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 07, 2018, 07:48:50 PM
Reply #520

hannu

It's going to take a full season of silvas tactics before we will see if our current crop can manage it.
They were all bought with different styles/tactics in mind.

am not sure what style or tactics any of them was bought for

June 07, 2018, 08:30:15 PM
Reply #521

KoemansNumberTens

Not sure that not being played by Koeman and Allardyce should be a black mark on a player, quite the opposite in fact.

Vlasic, Lookman, and Holgate will do much better under a manager like Silva.

No black mark but seeing him run down a few blind alleys and not go with his marker also doesn’t mean he’s a quality player under a different manager. He’s very highly rated by some considering we’ve seen almost nothing of him

June 07, 2018, 08:35:30 PM
Reply #522

sam of the south

No black mark but seeing him run down a few blind alleys and not go with his marker also doesn’t mean he’s a quality player under a different manager. He’s very highly rated by some considering we’ve seen almost nothing of him

Yes, his potential is rated by some on here that like what they’ve seen of his strength, ball retention in tight spaces etc.

It’s easy to deride, I understand, but hardly any of our players thrived under Koeman and Allardyce, and youngsters given fleeting chances even less so.

June 07, 2018, 11:23:40 PM
Reply #523

Redartin

STARTING LINE UP
I would like the following:

Bench of: Steklenberg, Jagielka, Holgate, Angeliño, Davies, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman

TRANSFERS IN AND WHO I'D KEEP
Not really sure what players we will get, the ones we don't have are just examples. But I'd like to see us sign:

- Back Up Left back - ready to replace Baines (Fabra might be a bad example, know little about him, would love Chilwell and we've been linked with Angeliño)
- Centre back to partner Keane (hopefully Keane comes good next season)
- Defensive Midfielder
- Left Winger (Lozano, Kluivert, Brahimi, etc - or put trust in Lookman and don't sign anyone)

They IMO are the essentials. Bonus signings would be a player like Maddison to put pressure on Sigurdsson but not as essential, another centre back and a better striker than Tosun if they were to come available. I'd like us to have a punt on Andre Silva, he's not gone bad overnight and if Huddersfield are in for him that would suggest he's more than obtainable and the right age.

We also will probably need a box-to-box midfielder to play the Marco Silva way, if available I'd love to see us sign Marcelo Brozovic, but doubt he's obtainable.

The rest of the squad I'd keep the following:

Nikola Vlašić
Jonjoe Kenny
Beni Baningime
Davy Klaassen (would like to see him given a chance)
Mateusz Hewelt

TRANSFERS OUT
And try to sell/loan/get as many as off the wage budget of the following:

Morgan Schneiderlin
Ashley Williams
Yannick Bolasie
Sandro Ramirez
Wayne Rooney
Kevin Mirallas
Eliaquim Mangala
Cuco Martina
James McCarthy
Oumar Niasse
Ramiro Funes Mori
Kieran Dowell (LOAN)
Brendan Galloway (LOAN)
Joel Robles
Luke Garbutt
Shani Tarashaj
Tyias Browning
Henry Onyekuru (LOAN)

This would leave us with a squad of 22. With room for more and any stragglers. The obvious problem is how do you shift 11 senior players all at once? It's going to be tough.

MY SEMI-REALISTIC DREAM SCENARIO

My attempt at a realistic dream squad (it's not realistic really) at the end of the window would be as follows (25 players, probably still too many with no Europe):

I think it's going to be an exciting summer.

Where's Besic? Keeping him for cover in DM & CB, but with no locker.

June 07, 2018, 11:43:54 PM
Reply #524

blue slug

I think we will have to give silva a lot of time and be patient as theres just so many shit players or ones that don't suit how he wants to play, we aint going to get rid of them in a window and replace them with proper quality as well at the same time its just not possible