August 22, 2019, 05:10:26 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 168520 times)

May 18, 2018, 03:56:27 AM
Read 168520 times

American Evertonian

As much as I think the Doucoure signing would be nice - I think we all can confidently say there is no way that Watford will want to do any business with us for awhile. Despite us letting them take Tom Cleverly off our hands ;)
Are we there yet?

June 01, 2018, 01:50:15 AM
Reply #1

American Evertonian

Mildly concerned about our Gana.

I bloody love him, but what sort of midfield can he function in? Sounds like we want a holder/destroyer/distributor with the Carvalho/Torreira links (bang up for either or both, maybe torreira over Carvalho - he’s like a good Besic)...but if we’re being honest, Schneiderlin is that sort of player an all, and throughout his career in the Prem has actually been one of the best at it in the league.

Either way they need a replacement for Rooney - a player who wants on the ball CONSTANTLY and wants to dribble up the pitch or make killer balls.

I dunno, can’t really guess what midfield we’re going to have, and Gana with Carvalho or Torreira sounds like it might have similar problems as we had this year, especially if we have Gylfi in the 10.

The more I kept reading the more I kept thinking "God our team is a mess"
Are we there yet?

June 15, 2018, 10:58:43 PM
Reply #2

American Evertonian

Liked seeing Silva's comments today about what he wants to fill: CM, LB, and CB.

Def our biggest needs and he already realizes. Now just need to fill those roles appropriately.

Don't think Robinson is ready yet which is unfortunate as I think he would be ready to take over in a year or two which would allow us to focus money elsewhere.
Are we there yet?

July 09, 2018, 01:47:59 AM
Reply #3

American Evertonian

On sky that we are interested in Forsberg! Wasn’t impressed at the World Cup and didn’t see much of him in Germany! Anyone watched him a few times?

Would be a very underwhelming signing TBH
Are we there yet?

July 12, 2018, 09:31:47 PM
Reply #4

American Evertonian

Disappointing when I see West Ham making signings almost every day now. Don't think they will all pan out but they likely have made a couple good signings.
Are we there yet?

July 13, 2018, 11:30:48 PM
Reply #5

American Evertonian

After seeing how other teams are spending money it is becoming much more prominent to me how much we overpaid for Gylfi
Are we there yet?

July 20, 2018, 06:18:36 AM
Reply #6

American Evertonian

The Mirror seem to think we are going to tempt Palace with a cash plus Bolasie deal for Zaha

I'd be okay with that.
Are we there yet?

August 01, 2018, 07:06:14 PM
Reply #7

American Evertonian

I wanted to see him at Cardiff this season  :evil:

Let's tell Wolves he is Portuguese - they'd snap him up
Are we there yet?

August 08, 2018, 05:22:13 AM
Reply #8

American Evertonian

Bernard, Mina and a loan I think hoping for RLC or Bats or a Brands unknown special

Would be a hell of a window. We would unfortunately have to win every game 5-4 though
Are we there yet?

August 08, 2018, 07:43:35 PM
Reply #9

American Evertonian

Id expect us to finish 8th without all the recent signings... the EPL is dogshit atm.
I still dont see us finishing higher than 6th though.

I agree. Think we should be good for 8th (likely competing with WH, Wolves, and possibly Leicester).

If we get a couple good signings and Chelsea have a poor year we could sneak 6-7.
Are we there yet?

August 08, 2018, 07:49:25 PM
Reply #10

American Evertonian

I'd say we are competing with Wolves and Fulham.  They've had a sneaky good window, and kept their key players (and manager).  I'm never gonna give the Hammers much credit, but as with Barcodes, that might just be extreme bias kicking in.

I wanted to include Fulham in the list of people I expect to be competing with us but I am a little less certain of their investment. Not sure how Schurrle will do. He failed at Chelsea with a much better team around him and BvB seemed happy to ship him off. Also not sure about Mitrovic.

I think Seri will be a good pickup for them.
Are we there yet?