September 15, 2019, 12:30:22 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 171319 times)

June 16, 2018, 12:31:45 PM
Reply #615

KoemansNumberTens

He's a European Champion to be fair, and he keeps getting picked first choice for a strong international team in a key area.

Not going to pretend I watch him domestically but he's clearly a good player and has a lot going for him. It's tough to judge any midfielders against Spain.

Does it work like that? Name me some of Greeces European champions. I remember France winning the World Cup with an utterly terrible striker (the guy Newcastle had already signed)
Portugal have quite a few very average players. Didnt the guy who scored the winning goal in the final fail at Bolton and Ive not even got a clue who he plays for now

Hes obviously not shite by average man in the street standards but hes a very average footballer whos being rated way above where hes at in terms of fees and wages. I dont see anything in him that suggests hes better than what we already have

June 16, 2018, 02:16:57 PM
Reply #616

Trowel

Sounds like DBB will be closing transfer deals - Bill finally taking a back seat?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-ceo-how-help-brands-14790942

Marcel is the person who, as the director of football, will be dealing with the agents, who will be scouting and working with the manager they will be looking at what they need to best populate our team, Everton's CEO told the ECHO.

My role comes in to make sure we facilitate that as quickly as possible whether that be financially, whether that's about contract management and so once their decisions are made I can facilitate that execution and making sure we do that as effectively and efficiently as possible.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 16, 2018, 02:21:57 PM
Reply #617

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
He's a European Champion to be fair, and he keeps getting picked first choice for a strong international team in a key area.

Not going to pretend I watch him domestically but he's clearly a good player and has a lot going for him. It's tough to judge any midfielders against Spain.

In possesion he's good as he moves the ball on quickly and has a decent range of passing, but tonight was exactly the same as any other game i've seen him play out of possession - if he's up against a team thats either quick or moves the ball quickly then he can't get close enough to be effective.  Its Gareth Barry all over again.

June 16, 2018, 02:51:48 PM
Reply #618

dunkster

Whether or not he has attributes we are not giving him credit for, what was clear, is he isn't that mobile, ball hungry, demand ball from defense, dictate play with a range of precision passing type that we need.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 16, 2018, 02:58:38 PM
Reply #619

Ramjam

Whether or not he has attributes we are not giving him credit for, what was clear, is he isn't that mobile, ball hungry, demand ball from defense, dictate play with a range of precision passing type that we need.
He looked like a player who didnt want to get involved, played save at every opportunity, looked slow, lethargic and a bit clumsy, Id go as far as saying Id much rather keep Schniderlin than buy this look alike heavy weight boxer.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 16, 2018, 02:59:04 PM
Reply #620

Cozzie

Wes Morgan has a premier league winners medal though in the same sense, doesn't always dictate the players quality.

I can see what you are saying but I've watched him enough times in the past and a lot more recently since the linkage and I'm very underwhelmed.

Gareth Barry wasn't blessed with pace but did his DM role well, this guy looks even slower though, if we are to implement a pressing style next season I fail to see where he fits in.

June 16, 2018, 04:32:33 PM
Reply #621

blue slug

Greece won the European championship and Id say pretty much all there squad was pretty crap to decent at best

June 16, 2018, 04:33:45 PM
Reply #622

Ramjam

Greece won the European championship and I'd say pretty much all there squad was pretty crap to decent at best
The Leicester of Europe
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 16, 2018, 04:40:42 PM
Reply #623

Lxxx

Be great if we made a point of only signing players who look and play like proper athletes.

Weve spent the past few years moaning at players like Barkley, Schneiderlin and Keane while bang average players just walk past them all game.

Im sure Brands and Silva will do a lot more due diligence with our cash than Walsh and the rest did.

June 16, 2018, 05:36:40 PM
Reply #624

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The Leicester of Europe

In fairness, Leicester played with some panache and pace that season. Greece won that championship playing the Moyes way.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

June 17, 2018, 04:14:53 AM
Reply #625

MmmblueBernard

In fairness, Leicester played with some panache and pace that season. Greece won that championship playing the Moyes way.

If they were playing the Moyes way theyd have bottled it in the semi.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 17, 2018, 05:17:11 AM
Reply #626

Danny

In possesion he's good as he moves the ball on quickly and has a decent range of passing, but tonight was exactly the same as any other game i've seen him play out of possession - if he's up against a team thats either quick or moves the ball quickly then he can't get close enough to be effective.  Its Gareth Barry all over again.

Wish we had Gareth Barry all over again, especially the 24 year old version

June 17, 2018, 07:52:53 AM
Reply #627

colin

If they were playing the Moyes way theyd have bottled it in the semi.

You mean the Martinez way? Under Moyes we at least had the lead in a final ;)

June 17, 2018, 01:52:47 PM
Reply #628

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If he is being brought in as Gareth Barry style player in a similar role I can get behind that.

June 17, 2018, 04:33:28 PM
Reply #629

stirlingblue

Gareth Barry wasn't blessed with pace but did his DM role well, this guy looks even slower though, if we are to implement a pressing style next season I fail to see where he fits in.

I dont think that you need a mobile DM to implement a pressing style, as they should be holding their position whilst the forwards/more attacking midfielders press to block the passing lanes.

The likes of Busquets and Casimiro are both slow and play perfectly well in high press systems