September 21, 2019, 01:42:53 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 172674 times)

June 17, 2018, 06:33:37 PM
Reply #630

Cozzie

I donít think that you need a mobile DM to implement a pressing style, as they should be holding their position whilst the forwards/more attacking midfielders press to block the passing lanes.

The likes of Busquets and Casimiro are both slow and play perfectly well in high press systems

Agreed but still from what I have seen Schneiderlin looks more mobile than this guy.

Still think that while a DM doesn't necessarily need pace as you said the pace of the premier league would see this guy overwhelmed I reckon, just doesn't seem the type of player we need.

June 18, 2018, 10:22:56 PM
Reply #631

sam of the south

I know itís mainly all bullshit, but none of these links are very inspiring, are they?

I want us to be linked with up and coming players 19-23, but Lozano and Maddison apart, most of the links are for players that are older, and not even particularly rated.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 18, 2018, 11:00:30 PM
Reply #632

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I know itís mainly all bullshit, but none of these links are very inspiring, are they?

I want us to be linked with up and coming players 19-23, but Lozano and Maddison apart, most of the links are for players that are older, and not even particularly rated.

Howís about this then :)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/18/everton-target-sporting-lisbon-winger-gelson-martins-ajax-defender/
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 18, 2018, 11:04:42 PM
Reply #633

blue slug

Would love them 2 in theram

June 18, 2018, 11:25:14 PM
Reply #634

Cozzie

Would love them 2 in theram

Im not too sure @TheRam would enjoy having them in him though.

June 18, 2018, 11:28:12 PM
Reply #635

Bluedylan

Im not too sure @TheRam would enjoy having them in him though.

Not seen @Shogun 's signature? The lad loves it, any way he can get it.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 18, 2018, 11:31:57 PM
Reply #636

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd take one, even two, for the team if I had to.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 18, 2018, 11:33:10 PM
Reply #637

Cozzie

Not seen @Shogun 's signature? The lad loves it, any way he can get it.

Haha. I did actually think of his sig as soon as I hit post.

Maybe he is the freaky type whod try anything once.

June 18, 2018, 11:36:01 PM
Reply #638

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

June 19, 2018, 01:51:39 AM
Reply #639

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Surely not de ligt
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 19, 2018, 03:13:38 AM
Reply #640

dchans

Fuck me we need to sign Loftus cheek - would be a massive signing
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

June 19, 2018, 03:45:55 AM
Reply #641

dunkster

Fuck me we need to sign Loftus cheek - would be a massive signing

He looked decent didn't he
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 19, 2018, 01:46:38 PM
Reply #642

dchans

He looked decent didn't he

Yep literally the perfect signing for us, even on loan for a year so we can concentrate on integrating the other two or three major positions needed

Looked strong, quick, good feet and plays with his head up. Gonna be some baller in the near future, not sure Chelsea would sell outright without some buy back clause etc
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

June 19, 2018, 02:23:27 PM
Reply #643

Hawkandro

I hope that Telegraph story is true; these are the type of signings we should be looking at making, although neither may come off for us it is still good to see us realigning our targets.

I'd be asking Chelsea how much they want for RLC also.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 19, 2018, 02:25:33 PM
Reply #644

Rodenplav64

Hopefully we don't sign another shit load of foreigners who take 2 years to acclimatise and have a steady string of excuses made for their failure to adjust . Need to get the balance right this time between potential and experience of the league .