October 20, 2019, 06:59:26 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 177529 times)

June 19, 2018, 06:45:53 PM
Reply #660

blue slug

Big announcement Jam

June 19, 2018, 06:49:31 PM
Reply #661

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
So according to the echo we are in for absolutely no one.

I'm glad everything is all hush, hush this summer. I'd rather not know and then be surprised when we do sign someone.

What amuses me is the "have to wait til the world cup is over" comments. Considering most of the countries will be out of the competition early July, we should start seeing things happen then.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 19, 2018, 06:56:38 PM
Reply #662

blue slug

the echo would love us to be selling everyone and signing no one while they gobble off the redshites having them sign every class player out there

June 19, 2018, 07:12:57 PM
Reply #663

Macca77

So according to the echo we are in for absolutely no one.

The redshite echo know fuckall, its a nothing story

June 19, 2018, 07:16:27 PM
Reply #664

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
They have simply said that, apart from Lozano, nobody linked so far is seriously being considered by the club.

Which, when you look at how many people scoff at rumours linking us to players, seems to be pretty much what most people in this forum could probably have guessed anyway.

The thing to take out of this is:
- Ignore random agent-fed media outlets as a sole source of information
- We actually do have an interest in Lozano, but it's a long shot
- Brands wasn't just shooting shit when he said he wants to review the squad and ship people out before bringing people in

The echo may prefer Liverpool because they have a much larger following and so bring more clicks. But the guys paid to work on use are normally blues and dont show any obvious bias.

June 19, 2018, 08:44:31 PM
Reply #665

indiantoffee1975

Geneally speaking deals are probably agreed in principle by players and clubs, most things are in the pipeline. With it being a world cup year it takes a little longer completing formalities.

I'd imagine after the knockout stages of the WC, transfers will be in full swing.

June 19, 2018, 09:01:28 PM
Reply #666

Danny

William Carvalho apparently going to Inter

June 19, 2018, 09:04:41 PM
Reply #667

D15TIN

William Carvalho apparently going to Inter
He was comfortable on the ball in that first game, but barely moves, our fans would hate him. Not the end of the world that one.

June 19, 2018, 09:25:43 PM
Reply #668

toffee_scot

I'm fine with Everton taking a while to sort out transfer deals this summer especially given that Brands and Silva were appointed after the season had finished and most players are either on their holidays or playing international football.

I'd imagine they want to assess many of the players when they come back for preseason before deciding which ones to transfer out, by that time, they will have a better idea of the players they will want to bring in to the club who will make a difference.

It's a pity that the transfer window closes much earlier in the summer than previously but I guess that's the way it goes.

June 19, 2018, 11:12:47 PM
Reply #669

TheTone

It's a pity that the transfer window closes much earlier in the summer than previously but I guess that's the way it goes.

I'd forgotten about that, I assume the players won't be back from their holidays for a while so big Marco and big Marcel havnt had a chance to look at the squad properly yet

July it is then

June 19, 2018, 11:58:04 PM
Reply #670

D15TIN

Whats the score with Onyekuru for next season, can we use him or not?

June 20, 2018, 12:14:44 AM
Reply #671

Ross

Anyone who had Issa Diop on their Christmas list is going to be disappointed he’s signed for West Ham.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 20, 2018, 12:23:49 AM
Reply #672

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone who had Issa Diop on their Christmas list is going to be disappointed he’s signed for West Ham.

Imagine being linked to Barca then signing for them
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 20, 2018, 01:08:43 AM
Reply #673

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Whats the score with Onyekuru for next season, can we use him or not?

Nope. Can't get a visa.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 20, 2018, 01:09:40 AM
Reply #674

D15TIN