October 20, 2019, 10:52:07 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 177448 times)

June 20, 2018, 02:21:39 AM
Reply #675

MmmblueBernard

Nope. Can't get a visa.

Lol. Absolute shambles of a club.

I hope they sign Wilshere.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 20, 2018, 02:26:13 AM
Reply #676

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Lol. Absolute shambles of a club.

I hope they sign Wilshere.

I think it was because he was injured and thus didn't get enough international games.

It's a dumb rule anyway. A professional footballer should be able to get a visa subject to him not having any previous convictions etc. It's not like he's going to be a drain on the system.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 20, 2018, 03:03:47 AM
Reply #677

Ross

Surely there’s exceptional circumstances for these things?

I mean we’ve known he’s been injured for months and he’d fail it on those grounds but there must be loopholes to exploit. There’s no way all these players from the far flung corners of the world that turn up in this country qualify on international appearances alone.   
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 20, 2018, 03:20:01 AM
Reply #678

Waltzer

Surely there's exceptional circumstances for these things?

I mean we've known he's been injured for months and he'd fail it on those grounds but there must be loopholes to exploit. There's no way all these players from the far flung corners of the world that turn up in this country qualify on international appearances alone.
I think they could've applied for this last season too? Maybe they just realise he isn't ready yet and wouldn't get enough game time so just keep him out on loan,  he's still really young so probably the best all round.

June 20, 2018, 04:07:25 AM
Reply #679

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No idea. I don’t make your rules.

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 20, 2018, 02:21:15 PM
Reply #680

Hawkandro

Whats the score with Onyekuru for next season, can we use him or not?

I believe the club were hopeful he would have played enough more games for Nigeria last season, allowing them to try and push through the WP for this season, but his injury meant he didn't meet the quota so has to go out again on loan this season.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 20, 2018, 04:21:20 PM
Reply #681

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Aaron Mooy
Aaron Mooy
Aaron Aaron Mooy
He's got no hair
But we dont care
Aaron Aaron Mooy.

Latest shitty rumours from the very reputable Sun have us and Southampton offering 18 mil for him. Decent little engine on him and a few goals, for that money.

June 20, 2018, 04:31:18 PM
Reply #682

Ramjam

Aaron Mooy
Aaron Mooy
Aaron Aaron Mooy
He's got no hair
But we dont care
Aaron Aaron Mooy.

Latest shitty rumours from the very reputable Sun have us and Southampton offering 18 mil for him. Decent little engine on him and a few goals, for that money.
No fucking way, this lad is not what we need, he’s championship material. I used to watch him playing for Western Sydney Wanderers a couple of years ago, not a bad wee player but fucking miles off premier league quality.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 20, 2018, 04:31:57 PM
Reply #683

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Plays lots of balls into the box.

Need a player like him but better basically.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 20, 2018, 09:10:15 PM
Reply #684

D15TIN

Just seen on twitter- Brands has today arrived at Moscow airport

June 20, 2018, 09:11:42 PM
Reply #685

D15TIN

Aaron Mooy
Aaron Mooy
Aaron Aaron Mooy
He's got no hair
But we dont care
Aaron Aaron Mooy.

Don't think he's good enough. Certainly not good enough to take us up a level. Like Tom Cleverly type.

June 20, 2018, 10:01:10 PM
Reply #686

hackersunite

There is a growing list of targets that are supposed to be linked with Everton, but there is no noise coming from the Club itself. All of the internal restructurings has been completed but what about where it matters. I know that there is this supposed sell to buy policy but surely Moshiri isn't going to let player drift past. I know that Brands and Silva are very new and it takes time but the teams that were there or there about us last season are moving forwards with purchases yet Everton stand still. Yes, compared to last season where the club just spent and spent and bought poorly, but many names that have been associated have ended up at these other clubs. is Kenwrong still holding the purse strings?? I would hope not!
is this just a me thing (probably yes) but what about any other feeling on this???
World cup / smaller transfer window etc I understand.
it takes a second to make a friend, but a lifetime to keep one!!!

June 20, 2018, 10:15:30 PM
Reply #687

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

June 20, 2018, 10:21:00 PM
Reply #688

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 20, 2018, 10:23:06 PM
Reply #689

stirlingblue