September 21, 2018, 01:16:47 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 135674 times)

June 21, 2018, 03:06:59 AM
Reply #705

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I donít really agree. Weíve got good players but weíve very little who the 6 sides above us would be interested in. We donít have much individually that really excites. Iím hoping lookman steps up. We have to find a couple more though

Every single club above us and a worrying amount of those below have a Ďsuperstarí style individual baller.

Look at what happened to west ham when they dropped a bit of star power into their absolute dumpster fire of a club in Payet. Real attacking talent lifts a team a level instantly.

We donít make chances, we donít shoot a great deal, we donít have any real 1v1 attackers to open space and teams and get the fans on their feet.

Itís the last on our list of priorities, but it is absolutely still a prioritity.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 21, 2018, 03:09:31 AM
Reply #706

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
lookman, Sigurdsson, Walcott

Thatís a pretty good attacking three in my eyes.

Tosun is the business as well.

June 21, 2018, 03:12:09 AM
Reply #707

Ravardo

Just need someone in the middle to pass to them

June 21, 2018, 03:16:10 AM
Reply #708

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I know what youíre saying and you can probably say Walcott / Sigurdsson should get you goals and assists, they really should.

Sigurdsson probably the closest to a real dangerous creative attacker, but we know across his career he has been more of a big moments in open play rather than consistently creating from open play type player.

Lookman we canít bank on at all but Iíve personally got hopes.

We need a game changer, itís really plain to see in my opinion.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 21, 2018, 03:18:47 AM
Reply #709

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just need someone in the middle to pass to them

The biggest priority definitely.

June 21, 2018, 03:21:46 AM
Reply #710

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
In order of priority, although the amount money you should spend would not necessarily go in this direction.

1. A cm who can pass forward / dribble forward
2. A C.B. who can play almost every game. Either mountain, pace or baller not sure which way he’s going to go.
3. A L.B/LWB who can play plenty of games and look to be sharing first team with Baines eventually
4. Striker with a different profile to challenge Tosun
5. The dangerous forward, goalscoring wide player who can play 10 would be ideal.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:23:20 AM by brap2 »

June 21, 2018, 03:28:04 AM
Reply #711

KoemansNumberTens

Every single club above us and a worrying amount of those below have a Ďsuperstarí style individual baller.

Look at what happened to west ham when they dropped a bit of star power into their absolute dumpster fire of a club in Payet. Real attacking talent lifts a team a level instantly.

We donít make chances, we donít shoot a great deal, we donít have any real 1v1 attackers to open space and teams and get the fans on their feet.

Itís the last on our list of priorities, but it is absolutely still a prioritity.

Thatís it. Itís not just the 6 above is it. Palace West Ham and Leicester all have at least 1 that really excites. That could maybe make a step up above any of ours

Think thatís why most of us wanted Maddison. Just blind hope he could be potentially great

Weíve gone from Deulofeu, stones Barkley and lukaku to nothing. Granted itís not worked out perfectly for all 4 but there was genuine hope amongst many of us that they could all be great

June 21, 2018, 03:29:51 AM
Reply #712

KoemansNumberTens

They are but they are all kind of functional other than lookman whoís just starting out. We have consistency in them positions but not magic.

June 21, 2018, 03:31:20 AM
Reply #713

Bluedylan

Thatís it. Itís not just the 6 above is it. Palace West Ham and Leicester all have at least 1 that really excites. That could maybe make a step up above any of ours

Think thatís why most of us wanted Maddison. Just blind hope he could be potentially great

Weíve gone from Deulofeu, stones Barkley and lukaku to nothing. Granted itís not worked out perfectly for all 4 but there was genuine hope amongst many of us that they could all be great

The team will be the star under Silva.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 21, 2018, 03:41:19 AM
Reply #714

KoemansNumberTens

The team will be the star under Silva.

Hope so. Still be nice to have 1 or 2 stars as well.

June 21, 2018, 03:42:34 AM
Reply #715

Ross

I know what youíre saying and you can probably say Walcott / Sigurdsson should get you goals and assists, they really should.

Sigurdsson probably the closest to a real dangerous creative attacker, but we know across his career he has been more of a big moments in open play rather than consistently creating from open play type player.

Lookman we canít bank on at all but Iíve personally got hopes.

We need a game changer, itís really plain to see in my opinion.

Feels like our first eleven is very Moyes functional from his early years doesnít it.

Which is criminal considering who and what we had 3 years back and the money weíve spent since then.   
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 21, 2018, 03:45:14 AM
Reply #716

Lxxx

A lot of hope testing on Lookmanís shoulders this season. Be gutted to see the fans go all Barkley on him just because heís not delivering what we thought he would.

June 21, 2018, 03:46:42 AM
Reply #717

D15TIN

A lot of hope testing on Lookman’s shoulders this season. Be gutted to see the fans go all Barkley on him just because he’s not delivering what we thought he would.
Think he'll be sound under Silva, he'll be allowed to attack

June 21, 2018, 03:48:55 AM
Reply #718

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah,, but we didn't really expect them to be great still with us.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

June 21, 2018, 04:01:08 AM
Reply #719

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We have the players to play how Silva likes to. We now need to identify players who are better than what we have to improve us.

Schneiderln can play as deep lying passing midfielder. He is good enough to di it. Gana and Davies as the pressing midfielers with any 3 of Tosun, Walcott, Lookman and Sig up front and we have a very good team.Sig could also be part of the midfield three. great engine on him.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...