October 14, 2019, 08:22:09 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 175786 times)

June 19, 2018, 02:25:33 PM
Read 175786 times

Rodenplav64

Hopefully we don't sign another shit load of foreigners who take 2 years to acclimatise and have a steady string of excuses made for their failure to adjust . Need to get the balance right this time between potential and experience of the league .

June 19, 2018, 03:47:14 PM
Reply #1

Rodenplav64

June 19, 2018, 04:04:12 PM
Reply #2

Rodenplav64

Typical "yer 'da" narrative from you.

Our recruitment has been a mess, whether the player(s) have been bought from the domestic league(s) or other. "Johnny Foreigner" isn't the issue, identifying the right player is.

You can carry on thinking I'm a troll, but all I'm doing is calling out your boring, i'll thought shouts.

I will be as enthused as anyone else if and when we get it right . Till then any Yer 'da shouts are justified .

June 21, 2018, 03:13:10 PM
Reply #3

Rodenplav64

Chelsea fans I know are a bit iffy towards Loftus - Cheek and can't decide whether he is or isn't good enough for them . He is though good enough for us and I would take him any day .

June 21, 2018, 05:10:44 PM
Reply #4

Rodenplav64

I absolutely see him as their Ross Barkley.
Which is a bit odd ebcause they have the actual one as well.

Barkley could have stayed and played most games , Loftus- Cheek wants to play not sit on their bench like Ross . Their careers are going to go in opposite directions .

June 23, 2018, 06:25:28 PM
Reply #5

Rodenplav64

Go for Rashford as he could definitely be tempted away from Man Utd and has more about his overall game than the sum of our team at the minute .

July 12, 2018, 09:47:25 PM
Reply #6

Rodenplav64

Fuck me Jean Michel Seri has gone to Fulham . One of the best midfielders in France in the last couple of seasons . Just the sort of creative player we need .

July 13, 2018, 04:42:34 PM
Reply #7

Rodenplav64

I'd read somewhere that Seri suffers from really bad Chilblaines; which is why he had never moved to the UK before. If true, it could impact on his form throughout the season.

No doubt Nice is a bit warmer but I think the medical team may have looked at it . I saw that last year but I think Fulham have got themselves a Kante or Mahrez type signing there . I will be really surprised if he doesn't make a big impression this season . If they keep Dembele as well they could be a surprise package like they were when Tigana managed them a few years back . I am big Jokanovic fan as well .

July 13, 2018, 06:54:51 PM
Reply #8

Rodenplav64

Dembele's not been at Fulham for 4 years?

Sessengnon .

July 24, 2018, 08:45:19 PM
Reply #9

Rodenplav64

Basically no one knows anything.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

I still can't believe he said that with a straight face .

July 31, 2018, 12:04:36 AM
Reply #10

Rodenplav64

I see Chelsea are willing to loan out Bakayoko if someone pays a fee and his wages.

Thoughts?

Fucking useless . Sooner track down Ibrahima Bakayoko who is about 40 now.

July 31, 2018, 08:43:34 PM
Reply #11

Rodenplav64

He's got to be older than that.

Just checked he is 41 and still better than his Chelsea name sake .

August 01, 2018, 04:50:20 PM
Reply #12

Rodenplav64

I think the signings ( potential ) are starting to have a look of desperation about them in the same way they did last season . If Brands and Silva have not had enough time and the window closing hasn't helped then hold back and plan for January or next season instead of signing for the sake of signing . Try Dowell , Bene , Holgate , Kenny , Lookman , Calvert-Lewin and Pennington rather than someone who comes here because his agent couldn't get him a better deal .