October 20, 2019, 11:13:30 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 177586 times)

June 19, 2018, 09:25:43 PM
Read 177586 times

toffee_scot

I'm fine with Everton taking a while to sort out transfer deals this summer especially given that Brands and Silva were appointed after the season had finished and most players are either on their holidays or playing international football.

I'd imagine they want to assess many of the players when they come back for preseason before deciding which ones to transfer out, by that time, they will have a better idea of the players they will want to bring in to the club who will make a difference.

It's a pity that the transfer window closes much earlier in the summer than previously but I guess that's the way it goes.

June 22, 2018, 04:27:52 AM
Reply #1

toffee_scot

Hes already kinda there like.

I thought Chelsea finished 5th in the league  ;)

July 19, 2018, 01:36:56 AM
Reply #2

toffee_scot

I do feel some sympathy for Brands and Silva, they are pretty much tasked to sort out the mess left by Walsh and Koeman.

Perhaps it might also be the case that many of the players have been given clean slates or at least one last chance to prove themselves under the new manager. He's only known many of them for about 3 weeks so if this window is going to be a quiet one then we will just have to hope and pray that the likes of Klaassen, Sandro, Schneiderlin and Mirallas will step up.

Not ideal but Silva should have been brought in with the confidence that he is the right man to get the best out of this expensive team, if not, then that raises even more questions about the board and Moshiri.

August 05, 2018, 03:41:34 AM
Reply #3

toffee_scot

I'm expecting at the very least one CB to be signed even if it is only a loan deal.

A central midfield signing though would also be a bonus

August 09, 2018, 12:54:28 AM
Reply #4

toffee_scot

Maybe were trying to do that sneaky double Barca signing after all. Mina and Gomes.

Or the media have got the story slightly wrong:

Barca actually want to give us 45m plus Mina and Gomes for another central midfielder with international experience for France: Schneiderlin

We can dream.