October 22, 2019, 02:51:42 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 177911 times)

June 22, 2018, 03:24:12 PM
Read 177911 times

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Are we definitely not able to get Onyekuru over this summer then?
Wasn't sure if he would meet the work permit criteria yet.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

June 22, 2018, 03:29:09 PM
Reply #1

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Someone mentioned the other day that he wont get a work permit as his injury kept him from playing enough international games

Ye he hinted at that himself on Twitter too. Basically blamed Anderlecht for purposely not playing him so he wouldn't go the world cup and have to play for them again next season. It was a fuckin bizzare rant.

I thought there could be a way round it.

July 18, 2018, 12:25:18 AM
Reply #2

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I personally don't think we will make any big signings, nothing like we've seen the last few transfer windows anyway.
I'm quite happy with that too.

July 18, 2018, 12:38:32 AM
Reply #3

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
We need new signings, significant signings, every club does. It gives the squad a boost, increases competition, and gets the fans excited for the up coming season.

New signings are more important this summer almost more than any other as well given we’ve just appointed a new manager and a new DoF, they need proof of the ambition they’ll have been sold on.

It’s fine people not being concerned but I doubt there’s anyone out there wants to see the likes of Williams pulling the shirt on again this season, or Martina as the only viable option to Baines if he takes a knock or simply needs a rest, or’s happy to think of Klaassen or Sandros 4th or 5th manager in 12 months thinking they’ve not got what it takes to compete in this league and just has them sat at Finch Farm on massive wages.

It’s time we got a move on, every other clubs active we need to improve our squad ourselves or risk falling backwards as others improve or the gap to the top increases again this year.

We do need new signings, and I think we'll get them.
I don't think we will see players like the last few transfer windows though.

I think it'll be low key, subtle signings, possibly a few well scouted youngsters.

The only position we may go for a big name signing is left back.