October 15, 2019, 04:00:06 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 176228 times)

August 06, 2018, 09:32:51 PM
Reply #225

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Boro are in for bolasie having missed out on morrison

Would be a good signing for them given theyíre about to lose Adama.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 06, 2018, 10:21:07 PM
Reply #226

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iím still worried like. We donít look anywhere near ready!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 06, 2018, 10:36:21 PM
Reply #227

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Canít see the welbeck thing.

August 07, 2018, 01:55:16 AM
Reply #228

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/leeclayton_/status/1026534794316967936?s=21

Mad mirror shout about Brazilian diminutive playmaker Bernard.

August 07, 2018, 10:01:05 PM
Reply #229

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If we get Bernard and Mina over the line and sell (or loan) Bolasie, Sandro, and Besic, that would be a great finish to the window.

I'd still like to see us add a midfielder who can pass the ball forward from deep but I'm sort of assuming that if we sign Bernard, he's going to play centrally when everyone is fit (i.e. we might not have enough minutes for that sort of player this season).

I think heís looking for a more progressive 6 to take some of that load. Dribble / pass it into richarlison / Walcott / Bernie / Gylfi

August 08, 2018, 12:45:52 AM
Reply #230

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would be concerned if we go into the season with Tosun and Niasse as recognised strikers.

Donít particularly buy the Walcott / Lookman up top stuff.

Maybe richarlison, based on his frame.

August 08, 2018, 12:54:52 AM
Reply #231

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

August 08, 2018, 04:33:42 AM
Reply #232

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He actually is. I did Reyes wrong.

Mid 20s. Right footed Cb.

*closes file*

Iím going to stop you there - sold.

August 08, 2018, 06:13:15 AM
Reply #233

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Say if we get Mina and Bernie - good window? Bad window? Out of ten?

August 08, 2018, 05:59:13 PM
Reply #234

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think the Outs have strengthened my belief in the regime a bit.

Regardless of rumours good and bad, what we can say for sure is Rich and Digne - both seem like fine purchases and can back both.

If we get Mina and Bernard it lowers he age profile of the squad and adds to two areas we desperately needed quality and depth in.

We did leave everything a bit late in an already short window, so that isnít great, and we havenít REALLY (unless itís bernard) dealt with the Rooney / Midfield sitch.

6.5/10 for me so far, if we get Mina and and Bernard Iíll feel a bit better. Had a lot to do and did generally well, but weíre missing a few still.

August 08, 2018, 06:50:09 PM
Reply #235

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Id expect us to finish 8th without all the recent signings... the EPL is dogshit atm.
I still dont see us finishing higher than 6th though.

Won’t  be as bad this year as it was last.

If anything the quality gap in the middle has squeezed. Higher* floor and more teams buying good EL quality players..

August 08, 2018, 10:35:28 PM
Reply #236

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair if we take Gomes off their hands Barca will probably repay us by convincing Mina.

August 09, 2018, 02:13:57 PM
Reply #237

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I expect 8 minimum from Walcott & Sigurdsson.

Richarlison has time on his side but I am half heartedly expecting him to be our top goalscorer to be honest.

Iíve got my issues with Tosun but if he gets chances he will bag, ~10 for Cenk would be good.

Would like to see DCLís finishing take a leap, but as a young player I wonít be haranguing him if he struggles.

August 09, 2018, 02:17:20 PM
Reply #238

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I fancy tosun to get more than 10, he'll be getting a lot of chances with those midfield players

Hope so, heís deffo got it in his locker to score, Iím just not massively sold on him and Iím not sure where our assists will be coming from in open play....Bernard?