October 21, 2019, 10:07:55 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 177711 times)

May 29, 2018, 02:29:38 PM
Read 177711 times

Toddacelli

If some of our players at the World Cup have great tournaments, it will also hopefully add to the picture. New investment, new direction, key players finding form - this would all make us a more attractive prospect to some players.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 21, 2018, 04:35:32 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

The team will be the star under Silva.

I think it will have to be - in order to attract those one or two real stars that we want so badly.

June 21, 2018, 07:12:05 PM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

We don’t need to attract stars. We need to find a couple. We’ve missed the boat if we are trying to sign proven

The point was being attractive to players we need. Whether that is Ronaldo or the latest whizzkid from wherever is irrelevant. Unless we are playing like a coherent team with a bright future - we won't attract anyone for reasons other than over-inflated wages, stepping stone etc - things like that.

We need to become again the type of team that talented players can envision themselves achieving something with. That was the point.

I don't care if we make established or potential signings as long as they are the right signings, because, to be honest - I won't quote Hansen but I think we do need both to be successful.

June 21, 2018, 07:27:24 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

Watford palace West Ham and Leicester all have players converted by the top 6. They don’t have to be highly thought after to become quality players

I'll say it again - WE don't seem to be able to attract players of the right quality.

June 28, 2018, 05:31:31 PM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

Yes totally agree - look at his assists last year - I just mean if we’re talking about ‘threat’, I.e how many goals he should have been expected to have scored last year, then we should consider the fact he played wide right, wide left, 10, right back...

Here’s the site, dunno how accurate but it doesn’t look a million miles off?

https://understat.com/team/Everton/2017

the fuck kind of fuckery is this?

July 17, 2018, 10:19:23 PM
Reply #5

Toddacelli

One of my favorite things this summer has been watching Vida's agent grow bolder with each Croatia performance.

It looks like he's finally reached the top of the food chain, link-wise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/turkish-football.com/everton-outbid-liverpool-with-19-5m-bid-for-world-cup-finalist-domagoj-vida-but-barcelona-have-now-entered-race-besiktas/amp/

Nazi links on Twitter or something wasn't there? Wasn't that why he was getting booed?

July 29, 2018, 05:50:08 PM
Reply #6

Toddacelli

Still think we should enquire about Mauricio Lemos.

22 years old 6ft 1in
5 goals in 26 games in La Liga
1 goal in 8 games on loan in Serie A

July 31, 2018, 05:47:29 PM
Reply #7

Toddacelli

If that's not enough piss on your chips - Man U season ticket holder at work this morning:

"Funes Mori is better than Rojo - I'd have swapped them with you all day long but we'll happily take the 30 mil for him instead."

July 31, 2018, 08:06:57 PM
Reply #8

Toddacelli

If we're starting to worry about Mina, why not enquire about Zouma?

He's younger than Mina (seriously), he's played more first-team football at a higher level, he appears to be unwanted by his club, and he showed some genuine promise earlier in his career. See his name on the "Prospects" list here, for example:

https://deepxg.com/2016/03/02/evaluating-defenders-with-patch/

Or, to phrase this another way -- surely there are other younger CBs we can sign if Mina falls through? Fuck signing another player who's going to be past his best and impossible to shift in a couple of years.

I've always liked the look of Zouma

August 02, 2018, 02:16:45 PM
Reply #9

Toddacelli

do you think silva wants to train 30 odd footballers every week? I think not. Imagine trying to keep all those happy.

That's a really good point - one I hadn't considered before.

The bigger the squad - the more left out of the team - the more left out of the team - the more unhappy players in the squad - the more unhappy players in the squad...

Well, it can't be good, can it?.

Get shut Marco lad!