October 16, 2019, 01:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 176399 times)

July 04, 2018, 07:34:59 AM
Read 176399 times

Thomas

I'd love us to sign Zaha from Palace or Gray from Leicester. Especially if Lookman goes.

July 04, 2018, 08:18:42 AM
Reply #1

Thomas

Lookman ent going anywhere

Is there any Centre Halfs who can actually play a bit but who are also strong characters who we would actually sign?

Mawson/Lascelles/Tarwkowsi (Spelling?) all seem a bit Michael Keane to me. Hopefully Brands has a good list of players who aren't on other clubs radar. As previously discussed for me need a top drawer LB, CB and above all else someone who can play CM who can defend/attack. Possibly cover for Cenk as well.

July 04, 2018, 08:34:32 AM
Reply #2

Thomas

A couple of those Colombians were rock solid at the back, good centre half’s are hard to find, would like to see us sign Alderwield from Spurs.

True but we tried the South America CB before and that ended up with someone who liked to slap his chest and enjoy BBQs in Winter for his instagram followers to enjoy and so Meet Steakhouse (Argentinian) off James Street could get a free plug....

July 04, 2018, 09:04:29 AM
Reply #3

Thomas

Suprised no one has mentioned Boufal as a possible signing.  Anyone who has pissed of Mark Hughes is surely worth a shout lol.  Boufal on the left and Walcott on the right could be devastating.

He looks good. Especially interesting as they have just sold Tadic so they seem in need of money.

July 06, 2018, 04:41:52 AM
Reply #4

Thomas

think almost whatever you paid for richarlison you could get back down the line

Is he consistent enough to play for us?

Why did he go off the boil second half of the season last year?

Manager leaving?

I'm also weary of managers bringing their mates in. See Arouna Kone/Alcaraz for RM or Martina for Koeman.

July 06, 2018, 04:44:14 AM
Reply #5

Thomas

I think the new manager wasn’t using him I read somewhere

Strange situation that.

I do worry he could be a kind of Shaqiri player who is good in peaks and troughs and cant be bothered tracking back.