October 17, 2019, 01:18:06 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 176694 times)

July 06, 2018, 01:34:46 PM
Reply #1065

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Grealish is going to Spurs for £20m.

More like it. Good buy that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 06, 2018, 01:35:50 PM
Reply #1066

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Where the hell did I read 40?!

July 06, 2018, 01:45:42 PM
Reply #1067

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I think I read the same, weirdly it was about the time their devastating financial news was released.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 06, 2018, 02:24:20 PM
Reply #1068

Cozzie

That's what they wanted for him, you deffo never imagined it.

As @brap2 said it was at the same time they where facing a winding up order.

July 06, 2018, 02:32:50 PM
Reply #1069

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Richarlison is a very good player, and has only just turned 21. Strong and direct often with an end product. But he is a very similar player/age to Lookman. Perhaps a tad better and reads the game a bit better, but theres not much in it. I'd like to think we can have both, as quality wide play is in short supply. So I would get shut of Bolasie and Niasse keep Lookman, bring in Richarlison (or Lozano), and have a mobile forward line that can swap around. The wingers can of course swap sides and If Tosun gets a short term injury, move those quality players around, even up front, and utilise DCL, in a more dynamic Silva like attack. We should be keeping hold of our quality players and getting shut of the sub-par players, not almost like for like swaps. Surely M&M think the same...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:42:12 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

July 06, 2018, 03:19:15 PM
Reply #1070

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
edit

I don't read the forum properly
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 03:20:36 PM by Mick 1995 »

July 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
Reply #1071

Juanito

Richarlison is a very good player, and has only just turned 21. Strong and direct often with an end product. But he is a very similar player/age to Lookman. Perhaps a tad better and reads the game a bit better, but theres not much in it. I'd like to think we can have both, as quality wide play is in short supply. So I would get shut of Bolasie and Niasse keep Lookman, bring in Richarlison (or Lozano), and have a mobile forward line that can swap around. The wingers can of course swap sides and If Tosun gets a short term injury, move those quality players around, even up front, and utilise DCL, in a more dynamic Silva like attack. We should be keeping hold of our quality players and getting shut of the sub-par players, not almost like for like swaps. Surely M&M think the same...

I think there is an argument to suggest Richarlison, Lookman and Lozano could all adapt to the false 9 position. All have goals in their lockers. All could either play on the wing and work centrally, I think.

July 06, 2018, 11:32:35 PM
Reply #1072

Lxxx

Haven't really kept abreast of much of our gossip over this summer as yet, apart from the tedious Tierney link. Is that because that is about the sum of it or are there any other bits of gossip floating about?

July 06, 2018, 11:48:16 PM
Reply #1073

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Haven't really kept abreast of much of our gossip over this summer as yet, apart from the tedious Tierney link. Is that because that is about the sum of it or are there any other bits of gossip floating about?

Much of it is getting denied not long after circling e.g carvalho / bansebaini (pure guess on that spelling there) so nah nothing clear really mate.

July 07, 2018, 04:20:55 AM
Reply #1074

Waltzer

Didn't think the type of transformation we need to really enhance our chances of progressing was possible in 1window,  but now we've got roughly a month left with no activity to date I'm starting to get a few jitters. Don't think were anywhere near the relegation zone or that,  but it'd be nice to see some squad strengthening in the next week or so to give them and opportunity to gel with the team before kick off.

July 07, 2018, 04:24:40 AM
Reply #1075

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't think the type of transformation we need to really enhance our chances of progressing was possible in 1window,  but now we've got roughly a month left with no activity to date I'm starting to get a few jitters. Don't think were anywhere near the relegation zone or that,  but it'd be nice to see some squad strengthening in the next week or so to give them and opportunity to gel with the team before kick off.

Three signings in the next fortnight I reckon
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 07, 2018, 04:26:06 AM
Reply #1076

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

no one is buying, the WC is on...
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

July 07, 2018, 04:57:45 AM
Reply #1077

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

There's only half a dozen teams left.

Should start seeing some action soon I'd think.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 07, 2018, 05:11:33 AM
Reply #1078

Alanvideo

BBC Sport Gossip tonight.............

Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha has turned down a new £120,000-a-week pay deal with the Eagles. Tottenham, Everton and Borussia Dortmund are reportedly interested in the 25-year-old Ivory Coast international. (Sun)
Everton have expressed their interest in signing Barcelona and Spain striker Paco Alcacer, 24. (Sport)
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 07, 2018, 01:15:18 PM
Reply #1079

Waltzer

Think there are only 4 or 5 teams in the premiership that haven't signed anyone,  it's not like the world cup was sprung on us at the last minute either.  Man u signed Fred during the world cup too, so it shouldn't be that big of an issue