October 20, 2019, 12:59:48 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 177372 times)

July 09, 2018, 06:04:07 PM
Reply #1095

Jamokachi

You canít tell me youíre not starting to sweat yet

Flappy McFlapperson

July 09, 2018, 06:34:55 PM
Reply #1096

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Been sweating most of the summer. It's the humidity that gets you.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 09, 2018, 06:38:08 PM
Reply #1097

Hawkandro

According to Twitter people, we still have a massive overspend on the wage bill and want to reduce that drastically before making any signings. The Koeman/Walsh era properly left us in the shit by the sounds of it.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

July 09, 2018, 06:41:32 PM
Reply #1098

Glory

Those reliable twitter folk...

July 09, 2018, 06:46:58 PM
Reply #1099

Macca77

Transfer window slams shut in a month, 5pm on the 9th of August to be precise

July 09, 2018, 06:48:58 PM
Reply #1100

Waltzer

According to Twitter people, we still have a massive overspend on the wage bill and want to reduce that drastically before making any signings. The Koeman/Walsh era properly left us in the shit by the sounds of it.
Don't see how you can blame koeman/ Walsh for this? Moshiri is in charge and supposed to be an accountant, he signed the cheques so he's ultimately responsible for where we are. If I was in Koemans boots and got a green light to do what I wanted id do exactly the same,  never his job you worry about anything other than the team.

July 09, 2018, 06:52:08 PM
Reply #1101

blue slug

These links to players like vida and nzonzi i'm not sure they can be true, I thought we were looking at early/mid 20's players whereas these are pushing 30?

July 09, 2018, 06:52:47 PM
Reply #1102

Hawkandro

This is the tweet (it's from The Esk, so some of you will claim it's bullshit anyway, but it breaks the figures down to show our current position re wages):

https://twitter.com/theesk/status/1015978848155062272

July 09, 2018, 07:02:10 PM
Reply #1103

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

Been sweating for what seems like an eternity with this bastard weather. I can no longer remember a time before th eheat made me hate the world.

That is what you're talking about isn't it?
a handful of days after the new guys have started work with the squad?

July 09, 2018, 07:13:51 PM
Reply #1104

Hawkandro

Been sweating for what seems like an eternity with this bastard weather. I can no longer remember a time before th eheat made me hate the world.

That is what you're talking about isn't it?
a handful of days after the new guys have started work with the squad?

I am living in a perpetual state of sweat.

July 09, 2018, 07:20:09 PM
Reply #1105

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Flappy McFlapperson

Come off it now.

Lots of work to do, a month to do it, squad still grotesquely bloated with players the wrong age and devoid of quality all over the pitch.

If youíre not worried imo you donít know how bad a position weíre in. Yes brands has got good will in the bank, but itís ansolitely correct to be concerned considering the amount of ins and outs we need.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 09, 2018, 07:29:49 PM
Reply #1106

Ross

This is the tweet (it's from The Esk, so some of you will claim it's bullshit anyway, but it breaks the figures down to show our current position re wages):

https://twitter.com/theesk/status/1015978848155062272

No sure how you convince a lender to give you half a billion pounds for the new stadium with figures like that.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 09, 2018, 07:34:34 PM
Reply #1107

Danny

The transfer window will have started hotting up in the last few days now that most teams are out of the world cup, once it's over there will be an explosion of activity.

July 09, 2018, 07:35:25 PM
Reply #1108

Hawkandro

No sure how you convince a lender to give you half a billion pounds for the new stadium with figures like that.

I am guessing it helps if you have guarantors worth £9bn...

July 09, 2018, 07:35:34 PM
Reply #1109

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Funes Mori, Robles, Rooney, Garbutt & Onyekuru isn't a bad start, with the new management team only being behind the desk for a week or so.
Still think we'll have to see another handful leave before we bring someone in.

Galloway, Browning, Martina & Williams
Besic, Mccarthy and possibly Klaasen
Bolasie, Mirallas, Tarashaj and possibly Sandro

That's an entire outfield team that we could lose and wouldn't even weaken our team. We'd still have a squad of 20.
It's a herculean task and one that may not be able to be finished in one window.

As long as we get a left back and another striking option over the line in a month i'd be content if we shifted the majority of that lot as well.
Jags/Holgate/Keane is the only place we look a bit thin on the ground in that situation.