July 16, 2018, 04:13:23 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 61738 times)

Martip, Rodenplav64 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 10, 2018, 03:32:03 AM
Reply #1155

Macca77

He means we shouldn’t just ignore that type of club potentially being better than us.

We’re not in a position of the top teams where say if City have a terrible year there not finishing below Southampton, it’ll be 6th at worst.

Mentioned it before but we do need to take confidence from the fact that we were rubbish for so much of last season but still finished 8th.

But we do need to learn from those mistakes.

Ah I get it

July 10, 2018, 03:33:35 AM
Reply #1156

Ramjam

I'm glad in some ways that he's getting to have a good look at most of the players before making his decision
I think he’s been looking since he got the ass from Watford, which is a massive plus for us.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 10, 2018, 04:00:21 AM
Reply #1157

dunkster

I think he’s been looking since he got the ass from Watford, which is a massive plus for us.

True, but I doubt he's seen feck all of klaasen and sandro etc. I'm hoping all the boys are making his choices more difficult
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 10, 2018, 04:08:10 AM
Reply #1158

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes this is all true but it’s only 1 year on so maybe Jags and Baines might fall off the cliff.

None of the of the older players are at that point I wouldn’t say.

Well maybe no but none of them are getting any better.

Plus Walcott and Bolasie you would say are two of our most athletically capable players and they are post peak. If anything, players who rely on athletic ability (especially explosive) drop off sharper than any others.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2018, 04:16:28 AM
Reply #1159

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Well maybe no but none of them are getting any better.

Plus Walcott and Bolasie you would say are two of our most athletically capable players and they are post peak. If anything, players who rely on athletic ability (especially explosive) drop off sharper than any others.

Yeah they’re close to it so it needs sorting - just don’t think it’s panic stations this summer.

July 10, 2018, 04:27:42 AM
Reply #1160

Jamokachi

They’re worse and a year older

Nah, you're flapping mate. In the end we finished pretty comfortably in 8th, with pretty much everyone playing well below the standard we know they're capable of. With a decent, progressive thinking manager and coaching team in place I'm confident of seeing a marked improvement from pretty much everyone.

The way you go on you'd think we were one of the worst teams in the league.

July 10, 2018, 01:10:33 PM
Reply #1161

Bally

Administrator
did tom power write on this site?
Yeah POWER is still knocking about.
It's the roll I way

July 10, 2018, 03:22:18 PM
Reply #1162

AllyBlue14

Nah, you're flapping mate. In the end we finished pretty comfortably in 8th, with pretty much everyone playing well below the standard we know they're capable of. With a decent, progressive thinking manager and coaching team in place I'm confident of seeing a marked improvement from pretty much everyone.

The way you go on you'd think we were one of the worst teams in the league.

We've been playing below that standard for 4 seasons now, though. Koeman's full season was the closest we came to any sort of form in that period, but even then Lukaku's goals papered over a lot of cracks.

I agree there's some improvement to be gained and a different style should help lighten the mood. But at what stage do we point the finger at the ageing, bloated, stagnant squad rather than the succession of managers trying to get a tune out of them?

July 10, 2018, 03:49:27 PM
Reply #1163

Sixx1402

We've been playing below that standard for 4 seasons now, though. Koeman's full season was the closest we came to any sort of form in that period, but even then Lukaku's goals papered over a lot of cracks.

I agree there's some improvement to be gained and a different style should help lighten the mood. But at what stage do we point the finger at the ageing, bloated, stagnant squad rather than the succession of managers trying to get a tune out of them?

After this one. If they're crap under Marco then fair enough

We haven't had an attack minded manager since RM so let's see how they do in a new system with a guy who actually has decent coaching and man management skills.

We're unlikely to break into the top 6 this season anyway so what's the point in bringing in anyone else in unless they're a step up from what we have and we're not really in a position to attract those players currently. Buying more players to finish 7th doesn't make any sense when the current ones can probably do that anyway

We need to trust Silva and Brands. Silva in particular will have had ample time to look at the squad, we need to build and they'll know that.

I personally aren't worried in the slightest, I'm just excited to see how it all pans out on the pitch come August
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 10, 2018, 06:12:49 PM
Reply #1164

Lxxx

I think Walcott will adapt his game and still prove decent for another 2-3 seasons. He looks to have good game intelligence from his years at Arsenal so he'll always be a goal threat and get you double figures a season in a team which tries to create chances.

Bolasie has never delivered decent goals and assist stats throughout his entire career even at his peak, so if his game drops off a cliff it won't be as noticeable as he never did anything of any real note anyway. 

July 10, 2018, 10:40:45 PM
Reply #1165

Danny

Sigurdsson replaced Barkley and is more effective than he ever was.

July 10, 2018, 10:42:12 PM
Reply #1166

Macca77

Fulham signing that Seri lad from Nice, massive that.

July 10, 2018, 10:47:49 PM
Reply #1167

Martip

If they get him great signing....

July 10, 2018, 11:19:43 PM
Reply #1168

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

That would be huge
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 10, 2018, 11:27:57 PM
Reply #1169

D15TIN

18 mill too, surely we should've tried?