September 23, 2019, 05:30:07 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 172973 times)

July 10, 2018, 11:36:24 PM
Reply #1170

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Every time I see this thread, a song from Grease jumps into my head.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 10, 2018, 11:46:23 PM
Reply #1171

bluenuck

After this one. If they're crap under Marco then fair enough

We haven't had an attack minded manager since RM so let's see how they do in a new system with a guy who actually has decent coaching and man management skills.

We're unlikely to break into the top 6 this season anyway so what's the point in bringing in anyone else in unless they're a step up from what we have and we're not really in a position to attract those players currently. Buying more players to finish 7th doesn't make any sense when the current ones can probably do that anyway

We need to trust Silva and Brands. Silva in particular will have had ample time to look at the squad, we need to build and they'll know that.

I personally aren't worried in the slightest, I'm just excited to see how it all pans out on the pitch come August

Don't think any of us are saying we're worried, or don't trust these two guys. Just when do we start pointing the finger at the real problem that a lot of people seem to ignore?

Our players aren't good enough. We're miles off the top 6, and slightly better than the rest, and actually falling back closer to "the rest" then moving closer to the top 6(last 4 seasons finishes were 11,11,7,8). A good coach could do what with this squad? finish 7th with 55 ish points? That would probably be it at best with this group of players. I'd be blown away if Silva could do that with the group of players we have right this second.

We need much better players.

July 10, 2018, 11:47:01 PM
Reply #1172

Lxxx

Fulham signing that Seri lad from Nice, massive that.

The type of signing we should have been making the past few years. I think we've wasted so much money we're effectively back to square one again until we get the squad and finances on an even keel. Koeman and Walsh really were the pairing from hell .

July 10, 2018, 11:52:38 PM
Reply #1173

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Heís probably not that good if heís going to Fulham lads.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 10, 2018, 11:59:15 PM
Reply #1174

Macca77

Heís probably not that good if heís going to Fulham lads.

This is true, nothing good comes from Nice, even the biscuits are shite
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:03:57 AM by Macca77 »

July 11, 2018, 12:13:43 AM
Reply #1175

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdsson replaced Barkley and is more effective than he ever was.

They donít do the same job really.

In terms of pure effectiveness he got 4 goals and 3 assists.

The last time Ross got less than that was 2014.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 11, 2018, 12:46:15 AM
Reply #1176

blue slug

Every time I see this thread, a song from Grease jumps into my head.

I think some of the flappers on here would take John travolta and Olivia Newton John as signings right now 😆

July 11, 2018, 02:07:43 AM
Reply #1177

Sixx1402

Don't think any of us are saying we're worried, or don't trust these two guys. Just when do we start pointing the finger at the real problem that a lot of people seem to ignore?

Our players aren't good enough. We're miles off the top 6, and slightly better than the rest, and actually falling back closer to "the rest" then moving closer to the top 6(last 4 seasons finishes were 11,11,7,8). A good coach could do what with this squad? finish 7th with 55 ish points? That would probably be it at best with this group of players. I'd be blown away if Silva could do that with the group of players we have right this second.

We need much better players.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but I respectfully don't agree.

You say we need much better players but like I said in the previous post we can't attract them at the moment so...........

Our players range for the most part from average to good and a good coach should be able to squeeze every last drop out of them.

I'm happy to see how we perform until January before making any drastic changes as like I say we're unlikely to break top 6 this season anyway
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 11, 2018, 02:09:08 AM
Reply #1178

Ramjam

I think some of the flappers on here would take John travolta and Olivia Newton John as signings right now
Well they certainly would be an upgrade on Williams and Keane partnership
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 11, 2018, 03:35:49 AM
Reply #1179

Paddockoldie

I think some of the flappers on here would take John travolta and Olivia Newton John as signings right now 😆

Only if they were the ones that we want.... Ooh, ooh, ooh bluey

July 11, 2018, 02:11:45 PM
Reply #1180

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah i don't think it's unreasonable to start at leaat worrying a little about when we will make some signings. I'm not worrying myself and i don't think @brap2 is thinking we will get relegated or anything. Even with a new manager though it would be nice to see some new signings to bolster that and take us forward.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:48:32 PM by Silas »

July 11, 2018, 03:06:55 PM
Reply #1181

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think the lads are being monitored very closely in Austria. the few international lads are safe and are going to be starters, so they dont need to be there.

I reckon this camp is one big audition. At the end of each day the management team will be getting together and going through what they have seen and making decisions on what they need.

Until that process is complete, i don't think they're going to make a move. (Besides approaching some glaring holes int he squad - CB & LB depth)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:08:32 PM by Mick 1995 »

July 11, 2018, 03:07:01 PM
Reply #1182

Danny

They donít do the same job really.

In terms of pure effectiveness he got 4 goals and 3 assists.

The last time Ross got less than that was 2014.

Only because Sigurdsson was misused, he'll be the out and out number 10 this year I imagine.

July 11, 2018, 03:54:46 PM
Reply #1183

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Only because Sigurdsson was misused, he'll be the out and out number 10 this year I imagine.

Yes hopefully, guarantees goals and assists.

Doesnít create much from open play and doesnít get on the ball enough for me, but has his moments and is a world class striker of the ball from the edge of the box.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 11, 2018, 06:45:00 PM
Reply #1184

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Would like to see us get a move on now.

Arsenal and West Ham have signed loads of players and they both had new managers.

No Brapesque flapping, but would like to start seeing something more concrete.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown