September 15, 2019, 04:50:08 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 171354 times)

July 11, 2018, 06:53:15 PM
Reply #1185

Cereal Killer

Would like to see us get a move on now.

Arsenal and West Ham have signed loads of players and they both had new managers.

No Brapesque flapping, but would like to start seeing something more concrete.

We're still trying to clear the shit out of all the lockers

July 11, 2018, 06:59:41 PM
Reply #1186

Lxxx

I would think we're probably in the market for about three players this summer, with a dozen or so on the way out. As someone mentioned you can wrap up three in a day if necessary.

With the mess Brands and Silva have inherited I don't expect much action at all to be honest so I'm not surprised we've been inactive on the recruitment front. It's not ideal but it's the mess Walsh and Koeman have left.

July 11, 2018, 07:09:53 PM
Reply #1187

Macca77

Not worried yet, but if there's no positive transfer news by the end of next week then it will be panic stations

July 11, 2018, 09:08:55 PM
Reply #1188

D15TIN

Not worried yet, but if there's no positive transfer news by the end of next week then it will be panic stations
Defo

July 11, 2018, 09:17:31 PM
Reply #1189

School of Science

80 pages and " still poised "  :snigger: :)
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 11, 2018, 09:33:22 PM
Reply #1190

Redartin

We're still trying to clear the shit out of all the lockers
Read this week that Pulis wanted Besic at Middlesboro, then I read he didn't want him.
Also read that Stekelenburg might be going to Lille, leaving us with a 21 year old as cover for Pickford.
Then there was the Bolasie to Turkey stories, and Lookman to Germany.

A lot of it probably shite, but a lot of them are not the real dead wood that need to go.

July 11, 2018, 10:15:25 PM
Reply #1191

Thornton_19

BarÁa have apparently met a release clause for a Center Back in France. Probably opens it up for us to get Mina.

July 11, 2018, 10:33:46 PM
Reply #1192

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Arsenal and West Ham have signed loads of players and they both had new managers.

Join me up here on this ledge, the view is tremendous
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 11, 2018, 10:46:51 PM
Reply #1193

School of Science

Join me up here on this ledge, the view is tremendous

Haha don't worry Brap, when the world cup is over or if England go out.....That ledge will be quite crowded !
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 11, 2018, 10:54:10 PM
Reply #1194

GrantyBoy78

I think a lot of us are just curious as to the quality, age and cost of the players that are coming in, to see if there has be a genuine change in policy.

July 11, 2018, 11:01:03 PM
Reply #1195

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Do you feel West Ham are doing what we did last year though? Would piss me off if it clicked with them.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 11, 2018, 11:09:50 PM
Reply #1196

KoemansNumberTens

Do you feel West Ham are doing what we did last year though? Would piss me off if it clicked with them.

Think their signings this year look better than ours last. Definitely better value for money too

July 11, 2018, 11:13:32 PM
Reply #1197

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Some good signings in there I reckon.

Iím not worried about them though. Just using them as an example of a team thatís done business whilst implementing a new manger.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 11, 2018, 11:22:22 PM
Reply #1198

Paddockoldie

I don't think we'll do much business this window other than a CB, mid and maybe a forward because we have players who can be better in a better system.. Vlasic and Lookman etc.. This gives more time to assess and dump what they have. I think in Jan we'll buy again but with a better view of what we need. Baines is good for now at LB. Wise spending is better than wasteful.

July 11, 2018, 11:31:18 PM
Reply #1199

eugene

The day I start worrying about what West Ham, Burnley, Leicester and Wolves are doing is the I pack footy in for good! Let them throw money away by overpaying for average players, they will still finish below us next season
Just the way we did last season you mean