October 21, 2019, 09:09:08 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 177695 times)

June 03, 2018, 04:15:08 PM
Read 177695 times

Paddockoldie

Watford say they will not entertain bids under 40m for winger Richarlison, 21, and will not sell the Brazilian to Everton for any price. (Mirror)

So let's put that to bed nice and early. We can get better for that money I reckon.

June 04, 2018, 04:52:26 PM
Reply #1

Paddockoldie

Bainesy' having his haircut prior to Cardiff City move?

Is the barber's next to Specsavers? 🤔

June 07, 2018, 02:05:35 PM
Reply #2

Paddockoldie

We need to buy wisely because there's some silly prices being bandied about.

June 10, 2018, 12:33:22 AM
Reply #3

Paddockoldie

Why?

Everything I've heard about Silva and from the man himself is that he doesn't care who you are or what you cost. If you play well enough then you're in the team.

Keane has been fairly abject for most of his time here and Holgate seems much more suited to Silva's style than Keane.

I think in fairness Allardyce played such negative football the defence just got pinned down so Keane's arse probably went a bit incase he messed up and the crowd turned on him. Playing a higher tempo/press will give him more time to play better... Here's hoping anyway. Then we'll see if he's a player, or not.

June 10, 2018, 02:53:18 AM
Reply #4

Paddockoldie

Really rate Holgate, seem to think he's the only centre half we have who has aggression and composure on the ball, quite quick to compared to our other centre halves.

Wasn't he rated better than Stones once? It may have been at youth level like...

June 27, 2018, 12:45:07 AM
Reply #5

Paddockoldie

That train has derailed.

He's the Quresma. Swerve him. His train was cancelled and decommissioned.

June 27, 2018, 02:01:58 AM
Reply #6

Paddockoldie

I can not say anything about my situation in Everton, he is quoted as saying by Fanatik. No message [has] came to me about whether I should go or stay.

My contract with the club continues. But there is nothing wrong with me. I love Turkey. Galatasaray is a big club and will play in the Champions League. They also have a big manager like Fatih Terim. But it is between the clubs, because it is not up to me.

There's a I'm off but can't go public statement if ever there was one. Good luck Niasse.. You did your best and can't fault you for attitude

July 03, 2018, 02:12:28 AM
Reply #7

Paddockoldie

Judging by some of the football Japan are playing at the moment we should explore their players... Killing Belgium at the moment.

July 03, 2018, 03:55:10 AM
Reply #8

Paddockoldie

Most of them are over the hill. Average age of the squad is 28 and I think all their best players are over. Inui who I've been impressed with is 30. Kagawa is 29. Yoshida is 29. Osako is 28. Honda 32. Hasebe 34. Haraguchi and Yamaguchi are both 27, mind, and Shibasaki 26.

They still played good football and we've paid good money for players that old or older.

July 11, 2018, 03:35:49 AM
Reply #9

Paddockoldie

I think some of the flappers on here would take John travolta and Olivia Newton John as signings right now 😆

Only if they were the ones that we want.... Ooh, ooh, ooh bluey

July 11, 2018, 11:22:22 PM
Reply #10

Paddockoldie

I don't think we'll do much business this window other than a CB, mid and maybe a forward because we have players who can be better in a better system.. Vlasic and Lookman etc.. This gives more time to assess and dump what they have. I think in Jan we'll buy again but with a better view of what we need. Baines is good for now at LB. Wise spending is better than wasteful.

July 12, 2018, 11:41:31 PM
Reply #11

Paddockoldie

I thought Lozano was off to utd? I thi k we'll get what we need over what we want...

July 29, 2018, 01:59:46 PM
Reply #12

Paddockoldie

I think Shaqiri is going to be a very good signing. He's in a balanced side and I dread the derby already.
We need to bin this Mila fella because he doesn't want to come here so move on. We need to be kicking on with transfers and ignoring those who stall because they're waiting for better offers..