September 25, 2018, 10:36:19 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 136493 times)

July 17, 2018, 07:23:34 PM
Reply #1440

Lxxx

As someone mentioned the other day, the fact we're paying Sandro £120k/week wouldn't be such a problem if he banged in a dozen goals last season and looked like he was increasing in value rapidly. Same with Klaassan. Six figures a week is the going rate for players that influence games of football. The fact we have so many at the top end of our wage bill contributing very little is the main issue.

July 17, 2018, 07:24:26 PM
Reply #1441

blue slug

Big wages for piss poor players

July 17, 2018, 07:28:06 PM
Reply #1442

kramer0

It will take a good few transfer windows to right all their wrongs unfortunately.

Or a lot of hard work developing players. For example -- Pochettino at Spurs. He didn't make them better via the transfer market. He did it by making the players they already had better.

I'm not sure what Silva's record is with player development but that's the other way we can get out of this mess.

July 17, 2018, 07:47:02 PM
Reply #1443

MmmblueBernard

Or a lot of hard work developing players. For example -- Pochettino at Spurs. He didn't make them better via the transfer market. He did it by making the players they already had better.

I'm not sure what Silva's record is with player development but that's the other way we can get out of this mess.

Maybe DCL is our Harry Kane after all...

(Stop sniggering at the back)
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 17, 2018, 07:47:46 PM
Reply #1444

Cereal Killer

Maybe DCL is our Harry Kane after all...

(Stop sniggering at the back)

Quick, stick a tenner on him for golden boot at the World
Cup in 2022.....

July 17, 2018, 08:27:03 PM
Reply #1445

Hawkandro

That's worrying if that's the case, its hard to get rid of the shite we want to get rid of when they are on a decent whack with us

Yeah, they must be trying hard to get buyers, but I reckon we could be in for a quiet window or two whilst we get creative.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

July 17, 2018, 08:35:57 PM
Reply #1446

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just for the record I am not one of these helmets commenting on U23 players contract announcements.

This thread is my only vent for transfer frustration.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 17, 2018, 09:21:24 PM
Reply #1447

kramer0

One of my favorite things this summer has been watching Vida's agent grow bolder with each Croatia performance.

It looks like he's finally reached the top of the food chain, link-wise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/turkish-football.com/everton-outbid-liverpool-with-19-5m-bid-for-world-cup-finalist-domagoj-vida-but-barcelona-have-now-entered-race-besiktas/amp/

July 17, 2018, 09:26:40 PM
Reply #1448

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.premierleague.com/news/667700

One of only three teams yet to make any signings

There aren't a lot of "ins" that are super impressive, or you might think would change those sides a whole lot.

July 17, 2018, 10:03:48 PM
Reply #1449

MmmblueBernard

I like Vidas uncompromising style.

His hair is shit though.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 17, 2018, 10:16:37 PM
Reply #1450

D15TIN

His hair is shit though.
Think he'd be crap in the prem, looks like he's got a mistake in him and in his late 20's I think, we need to be signing U25's if were spending big money on them

July 17, 2018, 10:19:23 PM
Reply #1451

Toddacelli

One of my favorite things this summer has been watching Vida's agent grow bolder with each Croatia performance.

It looks like he's finally reached the top of the food chain, link-wise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/turkish-football.com/everton-outbid-liverpool-with-19-5m-bid-for-world-cup-finalist-domagoj-vida-but-barcelona-have-now-entered-race-besiktas/amp/

Nazi links on Twitter or something wasn't there? Wasn't that why he was getting booed?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 17, 2018, 10:19:34 PM
Reply #1452

KoemansNumberTens

Think he'd be crap in the prem, looks like he's got a mistake in him and in his late 20's I think, we need to be signing U25's if were spending big money on them

He wouldn’t be for me either. He looked like an accident waiting to happen against Argentina

He’s getting on. Clearly never been overly rated and we’d be paying extra on the back of a successful World Cup. Think we’d be in danger of getting another who will never justify the fee or contract

July 17, 2018, 10:25:09 PM
Reply #1453

Cereal Killer

His hair is shit though.

He's a Croatian version of RFM, who everyone celebrated getting rid of.....

July 17, 2018, 10:34:44 PM
Reply #1454

Waltzer

As someone mentioned the other day, the fact we're paying Sandro £120k/week wouldn't be such a problem if he banged in a dozen goals last season and looked like he was increasing in value rapidly. Same with Klaassan. Six figures a week is the going rate for players that influence games of football. The fact we have so many at the top end of our wage bill contributing very little is the main issue.

According to this we only have 3 players on 100+, Sig, Walcott and Schneiderlin. Sandro is only on 65k and Klaassen on 70k

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/everton-f.c/payroll/

And this one has them on even less, its all confusing?

http://tsmsportz.com/football/everton-players-salaries/

Has there ever been a definitive that they're on massive contracts? Not having a go as my understanding was they were on 100k+ until I saw these articles