October 22, 2020, 09:35:01 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 228573 times)

July 23, 2018, 05:57:28 AM
Reply #1815

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
You're lucky mines Bilyaletdinov
Trevor Steven was mine. Broke my heart when he went to Rangers for a paltry 1.5 million. Following year he went to Marseilles for 4.5 million. And then back to Rangers for less.

Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

July 23, 2018, 06:02:05 AM
Reply #1816

sam of the south

Trevor Steven was mine. Broke my heart when he went to Rangers for a paltry 1.5 million. Following year he went to Marseilles for 4.5 million. And then back to Rangers for less.

Grim days
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 23, 2018, 12:56:20 PM
Reply #1817

blue slug

Yeah I remember watching a midfield of sheedy, Reid, bracewell and Steven, absolutely class

July 23, 2018, 03:07:27 PM
Reply #1818

Waltzer

For 5 million I wish we were in for him, 31 or not thats a good signing

'WOLVES CLOSE ON MOUTINHO'

Wolves are poised to sign Portugal midfielder Joao Moutinho for £5m, according to the Express and Star.

The 31-year-old Monaco man is on the verge of moving to Molineux, according to the local newspaper, with Jorge Mendes brokering the deal.

Moutinho played three times at the World Cup, and has been at Monaco for five years.

July 23, 2018, 03:09:37 PM
Reply #1819

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah that’s exactly what we need.

A 31 year old centre midfielder on big money.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 23, 2018, 03:14:08 PM
Reply #1820

Waltzer

Yeah that’s exactly what we need.

A 31 year old centre midfielder on big money.

Assuming there a large slice on sarcasm in that!! :)

Yes he will be on big money I suspect, but creativity looks in short supply in our team and I think we could do with someone with experience who would add a lot going forward and he ticks all those boxes.

July 23, 2018, 03:30:46 PM
Reply #1821

indiantoffee1975

Assuming there a large slice on sarcasm in that!! :)

Yes he will be on big money I suspect, but creativity looks in short supply in our team and I think we could do with someone with experience who would add a lot going forward and he ticks all those boxes.

Agree with this. You have to hope the club who already identified targets for that midfield creativity birth. Cannot be like last season where we got overrun in midfield many times.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 03:32:16 PM by indiantoffee1975 »

July 23, 2018, 03:42:07 PM
Reply #1822

KingdingalingNL

For 5 million I wish we were in for him, 31 or not thats a good signing

'WOLVES CLOSE ON MOUTINHO'

Wolves are poised to sign Portugal midfielder Joao Moutinho for £5m, according to the Express and Star.

The 31-year-old Monaco man is on the verge of moving to Molineux, according to the local newspaper, with Jorge Mendes brokering the deal.

Moutinho played three times at the World Cup, and has been at Monaco for five years.

Do wolves have any players or staff not from Portugal ?

July 23, 2018, 04:04:26 PM
Reply #1823

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Would have loved him here a few years ago, but not at 32 as a central mid in this league. But then again, for that money, it would be worth it for a year, possibly 2 of actual proper creative box to box midfield play. Bang on guarantee for him to score the winner against us in a few weeks, if Wolves snatch him :D

July 23, 2018, 05:32:46 PM
Reply #1824

Waltzer

Everton are reportedly interested in signing winger Emre Mor from La Liga club Celta Vigo.

According to a report from Turkish Football, the 20-year-old has had several conversations with manager Juan Carlos Unzue this season and had a difficult spell since he joined Celta from Borussia Dortmund last summer for £12million.

The report states that Everton are among the clubs in the Premier League that are interested in landing the attacker on a season-long loan.

Mor is a fleet-footed winger who stands at 5ft 6in and is renowned for his pace and trickery.

The Turkey international made 27 appearances last season for Celta, scoring just one goal and supplying three assists in return.

Mor is a highly-rated talent that could be offered a Premier League lifeline to try fully kick-start his career, but Everton could face competition for his signature.

Everton supporters grew frustrated last season with the club’s lack of quality in wide areas, with Theo Walcott the only real standout.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/23/dt-report-everton-interested-in-la-liga-attacker-emre-mor/

July 23, 2018, 05:36:23 PM
Reply #1825

Ramjam

Mor, Mor, Mor, how’d you like it, how’d you like it?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 23, 2018, 05:45:18 PM
Reply #1826

arteta4spain

Everton are reportedly interested in signing winger Emre Mor from La Liga club Celta Vigo.

According to a report from Turkish Football, the 20-year-old has had several conversations with manager Juan Carlos Unzue this season and had a difficult spell since he joined Celta from Borussia Dortmund last summer for £12million.

The report states that Everton are among the clubs in the Premier League that are interested in landing the attacker on a season-long loan.

Mor is a fleet-footed winger who stands at 5ft 6in and is renowned for his pace and trickery.

The Turkey international made 27 appearances last season for Celta, scoring just one goal and supplying three assists in return.

Mor is a highly-rated talent that could be offered a Premier League lifeline to try fully kick-start his career, but Everton could face competition for his signature.

Everton supporters grew frustrated last season with the club's lack of quality in wide areas, with Theo Walcott the only real standout.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/23/dt-report-everton-interested-in-la-liga-attacker-emre-mor/
Hmm constant links with wingers doesn’t bode well for the lookman rumours does it. 🤦‍♂️ hope it’s all a ruse and lookman stays but the more we’re constantly linked with wingers or wide players is unfortunately debunking that he’s gonna stay.

July 23, 2018, 05:49:07 PM
Reply #1827

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hmm constant links with wingers doesn’t bode well for the lookman rumours does it. 🤦‍♂️ hope it’s all a ruse and lookman stays but the more we’re constantly linked with wingers or wide players is unfortunately debunking that he’s gonna stay.

As long as we replace him with better, I'm really not that bothered.
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

July 23, 2018, 05:51:17 PM
Reply #1828

Free Agent

Maybe it’s a coded message to Leipzig that there are other fish in the sea and they can fuck off else where for players

July 23, 2018, 05:51:49 PM
Reply #1829

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

We have. I'd like to keep Lookman, to come on for/refresh/replace Richarlison and Walcott when needed.