October 22, 2020, 10:21:19 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 228593 times)

July 26, 2018, 05:56:42 PM
Reply #2010

Alanvideo

Lol I was generally speaking about possible bargain deals that could work out, instead of paying through the nose on every transfer.

However I shat the bed on clarification.  Still love everyone though 💋💋
...................try and keep clean sheets  lolol
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 26, 2018, 06:07:36 PM
Reply #2011

GrantyBoy78

Even talking last night, Marco mentioned we might bring in as many as 6 players this window. If thatís the case, weíve surely got to get a couple over the line before next week?

July 26, 2018, 07:04:08 PM
Reply #2012

blue slug

This is taken from Football London so I know its likely bs but according to reports in Italy us and Palace are looking at Maxime Gonolans (sp) centre mid from Roma. Remember him being highly rated when at Lyon

In the London Evening Standard now to
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 07:58:27 PM by blue slug »

July 26, 2018, 08:20:15 PM
Reply #2013

Free Agent

Heís 29 though, and hardly played last season. Canít see him being our first choice CM

July 26, 2018, 08:53:20 PM
Reply #2014

kramer0

Gonalons is another a pure defensive type. He's a good one but still, it's the wrong fit.

If Gana and Sigurdsson are going to be starting midfielders then we need someone with genuine ball progression skills in that third midfield slot. Unless we plan on being a passive counterattacking side or plan on never having the ball in the final third.

Edit: Gonalons is also old. Hard pass.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:02:22 PM by kramer0 »

July 26, 2018, 09:03:18 PM
Reply #2015

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I'd like to see us put a decent offer in for Aaron Ramsey. He only has a year left on his contract, 27, very mobile, can play a few positions and a really good threat, and chips in with a few goals - probably only a possibility to come to us and not a strong CL team, because of his injury record. Could slip him in alongside Sigurdsson right next to his good mate Theo:

Pickford

Jags ---------- Mina
Coleman ------------------------------- LB/LD
Gana

Ramsey ----- Sigurdsoon

Walcott ------------------------- Richarlison
Tosun

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:11:04 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

July 26, 2018, 09:09:51 PM
Reply #2016

D15TIN

no chance arsenal are selling ramsey, he's one of their best midfielders

July 26, 2018, 09:15:52 PM
Reply #2017

Danny

I'd like to see us put a decent offer in for Aaron Ramsey. He only has a year left on his contract, 27, very mobile, can play a few positions and a really good threat, and chips in with a few goals - probably only a possibility to come to us and not a strong CL team, because of his injury record. Could slip him in alongside Sigurdsson right next to his good mate Theo:

Pickford

Jags ---------- Mina
Coleman ------------------------------- LB/LD
Gana

Ramsey ----- Sigurdsoon

Walcott ------------------------- Richarlison
Tosun

Loves a team sheet this lad

July 26, 2018, 09:19:48 PM
Reply #2018

Danny

I think we'd all love Ramsey if we could get him but I can't see it unless he's either not in Emery's plans or he wants more money.

July 26, 2018, 09:20:55 PM
Reply #2019

Danny

also am I the only one who thinks Keane will definitely be starting with any new CB?

July 26, 2018, 09:22:29 PM
Reply #2020

Fynci

also am I the only one who thinks Keane will definitely be starting with any new CB?

Agreed. No idea how people are suddenly putting Holgate ahead of our current starting two!

July 26, 2018, 09:23:04 PM
Reply #2021

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I think we'd all love Ramsey if we could get him but I can't see it unless he's either not in Emery's plans or he wants more money.

Pretty much like most players - we give him the opportunity for more first team football, and probably offer him more money. For someone that has a history of injuries, a very lucrative well paid contract will be quite tempting. From Arsenals point of view, he is entering his last year of his contract so they may be keen to recoup some money from a decent player. Hes also a very good mix of age/experience at 27. I would guess he will wangle out a new contract and stay where he is, but I think its a good shout...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:26:50 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

July 26, 2018, 09:49:29 PM
Reply #2022

kramer0

I'd rather we just sell off all of our midfielders who have any value and start again.

July 26, 2018, 09:52:03 PM
Reply #2023

D15TIN

This is taken from Football London so I know its likely bs but according to reports in Italy us and Palace are looking at Maxime Gonolans (sp) centre mid from Roma. Remember him being highly rated when at Lyon

In the London Evening Standard now to
Yeah just read were linked with him, I'd be surprised if were interested, kind of goes against what silva/brands are trying to do - reduce the age of the squad/ add players with future value etc

July 26, 2018, 09:55:54 PM
Reply #2024

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd rather we just sell off all of our midfielders who have any value and start again.

I agree with this, although deep down, it wouldn't work as continuity would be shot again.

But certainly by this time next year, I'd like replacements with presence, tackling and passing abilities who will not get overrun as the likes of Gana and Schneiderlin do on a regular basis.
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou