November 13, 2019, 09:31:40 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 181113 times)

July 29, 2018, 03:47:01 AM
Reply #2205

TrevorSteven

Why not go for Alejandro Gomez from Atalanta? He destroyed us in both matches last year and would offer something noone on this team can offer.

He could even be possible to get👍

July 29, 2018, 03:47:29 AM
Reply #2206

penguinofdoom1878

Very few folk are in favour of Holgate (but me).

People generally seem to say "you can't risk playing him, he hasn't played enough" which is a circular problem to me.  If not now (side in transition, when there is a glaring need for his pace, athleticism, and willing to make a challenge), when?

I'm all for Holgate playing too, with someone strong beside him to guide him, not sure Jags is the one anymore for a full season. Would like Mawson from Swansea too he'd be good for us.

July 29, 2018, 03:50:16 AM
Reply #2207

KoemansNumberTens

Got to the stage with holgate now where he just canít be worse than the other options

Iíd actually look to force Keane out now. Heís never gonna justify his contract and we might just about get an okay fee for him at the moment. Heís shite anyway so tell him he wonít be playing. If we continue to give him minutes heís not gonna move on or be anything but shit

July 29, 2018, 03:52:42 AM
Reply #2208

GrantyBoy78

Yep, Iíd have Holgate in. Whatís the worse heís going to do, make a mistake like the others constantly do? At least he might learn and become a better player from it.

July 29, 2018, 04:05:03 AM
Reply #2209

Lxxx

Holgate has to play by default. Every other centre half isnít good enough and we donít know if he he could be any better, yet.

July 29, 2018, 04:06:13 AM
Reply #2210

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Why not go for Alejandro Gomez from Atalanta? He destroyed us in both matches last year and would offer something noone on this team can offer.

He could even be possible to get👍

Boss player. Too old though.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 29, 2018, 04:13:35 AM
Reply #2211

Waltzer

Boss player. Too old though.
Too many people worried about age on here,  I don't give a f##k if we sign a 50 year old if he's boss for 1 season. 1 year of football is a long time and can result in people getting sacked, qualifying for the champions league or rank outsiders winning the league. Let's just get the best that's available irrespective of age.

July 29, 2018, 04:13:48 AM
Reply #2212

Evertonian in NC

I'm all for Holgate playing too, with someone strong beside him to guide him, not sure Jags is the one anymore for a full season. Would like Mawson from Swansea too he'd be good for us.

This is where I am, get the one best possible CB in the door, put him next to Holgate, let them get used to each other, see what happens through Christmas.  Don't think 2 is really that feasible, especially 2 of the calibre we would want.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 29, 2018, 04:17:44 AM
Reply #2213

KoemansNumberTens

Too many people worried about age on here,  I don't give a f##k if we sign a 50 year old if he's boss for 1 season. 1 year of football is a long time and can result in people getting sacked, qualifying for the champions league or rank outsiders winning the league. Let's just get the best that's available irrespective of age.

And when we have to replace them all again next year? Age has to be a factor

July 29, 2018, 04:19:27 AM
Reply #2214

Shogun

Administrator
Holgate is another one injured isnít he.

Feel like he should have cemented his place in the first team by now.

July 29, 2018, 04:19:40 AM
Reply #2215

bluenuck

We all of a sudden need two CB's.  :-[

July 29, 2018, 04:23:58 AM
Reply #2216

Waltzer

And when we have to replace them all again next year? Age has to be a factor
If we signed some 30+ year old that had a worldy,  banged in 20+ goals,  got us champions league it transforms us and makes our strategy completely different.  You could look at it using pickford as an example,  we sign a young up coming player, does really well then all of a sudden there's interest from 'top' teams for him as he's young. We will end up losing him,  so what's the difference? Yes we get a bit more cash but who cares,  it's about the here and now,  squads don't stay together for years anymore and build like they used to

July 29, 2018, 04:26:33 AM
Reply #2217

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If we signed some 30+ year old that had a worldy,  banged in 20+ goals,  got us champions league it transforms us and makes our strategy completely different.  You could look at it using pickford as an example,  we sign a young up coming player, does really well then all of a sudden there's interest from 'top' teams for him as he's young. We will end up losing him,  so what's the difference? Yes we get a bit more cash but who cares,  it's about the here and now,  squads don't stay together for years anymore and build like they used to

Because thatís very unlikely.

Younger players make that risk acceptable because Pickford could be at this value (if not more) for 7-8 years.

If we didnít qualify for CL with a 30+ year old then that money would be gone in the near future.

We havenít got limitless money, we need to think Of the medium term at least.

July 29, 2018, 04:28:13 AM
Reply #2218

KoemansNumberTens

Of course but thereís the same risks attached to an older player as there is to a younger 1. We could sign up and he be shit with even less sell on value as the shite we have now

July 29, 2018, 04:31:24 AM
Reply #2219

Mayor Farnum

Obviously you can't pack a team with thirty year olds but I'm happy to have a centre half with experience. How old was Distin when we signed him, and Richard Gough for that matter.
Something clever written by someone else.