May 28, 2020, 09:16:56 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 200047 times)

July 29, 2018, 05:28:19 AM
Reply #2235

Shogun

Administrator
Is Lemina available?

West Ham linked with him like.

Don’t think he was that good last season but could see him being a good fit here.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

July 29, 2018, 06:35:42 AM
Reply #2236

Ravardo

Why not go for Alejandro Gomez from Atalanta? He destroyed us in both matches last year and would offer something noone on this team can offer.

He could even be possible to get👍

Been bangin his drum since we got spanked by them but now weve got richarlson i dont think his needed...we so much need a player that is barkley esk whos able to pass balls forward and pick through balls something which we havent had since he was injured

July 29, 2018, 07:05:43 AM
Reply #2237

Evertonian in NC

West Ham linked with him like.

Don’t think he was that good last season but could see him being a good fit here.

West Ham gets him on the cheap, I shall be right pissed off.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 29, 2018, 01:59:46 PM
Reply #2238

Paddockoldie

I think Shaqiri is going to be a very good signing. He's in a balanced side and I dread the derby already.
We need to bin this Mila fella because he doesn't want to come here so move on. We need to be kicking on with transfers and ignoring those who stall because they're waiting for better offers..

July 29, 2018, 02:03:09 PM
Reply #2239

Lxxx

July 29, 2018, 02:08:14 PM
Reply #2240

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

July 29, 2018, 03:24:31 PM
Reply #2241

TheTone

I think it's going to be a manic 2 weeks for most clubs culminating in a crazy last day of the window

July 29, 2018, 04:05:02 PM
Reply #2242

GrantyBoy78

I’m not confident we’ll bring in a CB and we haven’t been linked with a ball-playing unit of a no. 8, have we?

I’m still, STILL bewildered we didn’t bring in a replacement for Lukaku. Different regime or not, sorry if I don’t trust the club to deliver the players we need.

July 29, 2018, 04:14:40 PM
Reply #2243

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 29, 2018, 04:47:55 PM
Reply #2244

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's going to be a manic 2 weeks for most clubs culminating in a crazy last day of the window

Jim White would love this as the last few deadline days have been as exciting as listening to Klopp, the media and Liverfool fans whine about the GBH and ABH on Salah from Ramos.

July 29, 2018, 04:49:51 PM
Reply #2245

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
The Europa league tier marketplace is probably the toughest to work in imo.

You can’t get the best Europa players as they believe they’re CL level. The lower end CL believe they’re still CL level and would sooner move to a club guaranteed to qualify for the comp even if they do fuck all whilst in it. Then the Europa players we can attract simply have us treading water whilst costing a shade less than a CL player.

Then there’s the mercenary batch that will happily play for anyone with some cash to burn, but let’s not go there as we all know where that leads.

Tough job for Brands imo. 

July 29, 2018, 04:53:14 PM
Reply #2246

KoemansNumberTens

You can’t get the best Europa players as they believe they’re CL level. The lower end CL believe they’re still CL level and would sooner move to a club guaranteed to qualify for the comp even if they do fuck all whilst in it. Then the Europa players we can attract simply have us treading water whilst costing a shade less than a CL player.

Then there’s the mercenary batch that will happily play for anyone with some cash to burn, but let’s not go there as we all know where that leads.

We are in a very odd market. Everyone we should want wants to play at the level above us. We might be closest to that level in terms of finance and maybe even in terms of performance over the longer term but we are also a million miles away from the 6 sides that are better than us

July 29, 2018, 05:02:38 PM
Reply #2247

Lxxx

I know it's a different era and times have changed but the old Everton worked very well in persuading players who weren't at our level to join us and improve their career, interspersed with the occasional player who had either dropped out of the top 6 or big money signing.
A lot of this came from having stability and a structure and board relationship that was on the same page. It ultimately had it's limits but as a general model it worked well.

July 29, 2018, 05:02:43 PM
Reply #2248

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Yes the number of players in that bracket will inherently be very small.

We also just buy absolute punts as we do need a certain amount of guarantee that they’re going to be useful to the team.

Every player we buy should be with the aim of them being top 6 level. So we shouldn’t be doing any deals where the player is cheap but won’t ever be any better than ok, as the expectation level immediately puts “ok” down a level to rubbish (see most of last year’s signings).

July 29, 2018, 05:28:33 PM
Reply #2249

KoemansNumberTens

Yes the number of players in that bracket will inherently be very small.

We also just buy absolute punts as we do need a certain amount of guarantee that they’re going to be useful to the team.

Every player we buy should be with the aim of them being top 6 level. So we shouldn’t be doing any deals where the player is cheap but won’t ever be any better than ok, as the expectation level immediately puts “ok” down a level to rubbish (see most of last year’s signings).

There's nothing wrong with cheap and okay. Our problem is we invested relatively huge sums on okay