December 19, 2018, 04:57:59 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 147669 times)

August 01, 2018, 04:42:36 PM
Reply #2535

Ramjam

Loved that rasper he scored against Croatia I think it was, was highly regarded a few seasons back at Madrid but don't know how good he is now

Isn't he a winger though? We already have 65 of those
Yep last year it was all 10s this year itís all 7s and 11s
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 01, 2018, 04:43:26 PM
Reply #2536

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Thoughts
Been linked with cheyshev since moyes was manager
Simply simply lovely

August 01, 2018, 04:44:41 PM
Reply #2537

dazfrancis

We have good strength on the flanks but a pretty weak spine,

We need a top quality CD, CM and a striker

August 01, 2018, 04:45:22 PM
Reply #2538

Lxxx

We've already got a Cheryshev in Dowell. Isn't he quite a slow waif with a great left foot?

August 01, 2018, 04:50:20 PM
Reply #2539

Rodenplav64

I think the signings ( potential ) are starting to have a look of desperation about them in the same way they did last season . If Brands and Silva have not had enough time and the window closing hasn't helped then hold back and plan for January or next season instead of signing for the sake of signing . Try Dowell , Bene , Holgate , Kenny , Lookman , Calvert-Lewin and Pennington rather than someone who comes here because his agent couldn't get him a better deal .

August 01, 2018, 05:01:16 PM
Reply #2540

bluestevie

Was rumours he was going on loan to Newcastle wasnt there, id be happy for him to come here on loan. Dont think hes a long term solution, but would add depth

Apparently has a £16m release clause
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

August 01, 2018, 05:03:18 PM
Reply #2541

Makis

Isn't he a winger though? We already have 65 of those
Richarlison, Walcott, Bolasie, Lookman, Mirallas. Bolasie and Mirallas will be sold if someone takes them and looks like Lookman is going as well. I'm 60 wingers short even if I include those. If we accept those three aren't in Silva's plans we have two wingers.

Vlasic still isn't a winger & apparently Silva doesn't rate him anyways.

August 01, 2018, 05:03:38 PM
Reply #2542

Waltzer

Apparently has a £16m release clause

Crazy to say it but 16 million isnt much is it for a 28 year old, he had a decent record in Spain too and did okay for West Brom considering they're the most negative team on earth

August 01, 2018, 05:04:03 PM
Reply #2543

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Rondon is fucking bobbins.

No better than anyone we have up front.

August 01, 2018, 05:05:54 PM
Reply #2544

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I think the signings ( potential ) are starting to have a look of desperation about them in the same way they did last season . If Brands and Silva have not had enough time and the window closing hasn't helped then hold back and plan for January or next season instead of signing for the sake of signing . Try Dowell , Bene , Holgate , Kenny , Lookman , Calvert-Lewin and Pennington rather than someone who comes here because his agent couldn't get him a better deal .

Last season was a scattergun approach to spending money on whoever the fuck would come here.

This season we've signed two players, with their best years in front of them, in positions we've been crying out for quality in. It feels more like the journos are getting desperate, not us.

I'd rather we sign what's right for us than taking last year's approach, or play what we have on offer, as you suggest.

Let's wait until the day after the window to assess whether we've been desperate or calculated.

August 01, 2018, 05:06:34 PM
Reply #2545

Cozzie

Love a good "bobbins" shout.

August 01, 2018, 05:08:05 PM
Reply #2546

Lxxx

The last thing we need is a willing runner who doesn't score. We've got one of them in DCL who we can invest in to bring the clinical part of his game on.

August 01, 2018, 05:08:08 PM
Reply #2547

Macca77

He's an emotional sort as well, wouldn't last 5 minutes here.

August 01, 2018, 05:10:55 PM
Reply #2548

Sixx1402

Richarlison, Walcott, Bolasie, Lookman, Mirallas. Bolasie and Mirallas will be sold if someone takes them and looks like Lookman is going as well. I'm 60 wingers short even if I include those. If we accept those three aren't in Silva's plans we have two wingers.

Yes i was exaggerating a tad but you can't just offload 2 players that nobody wants

So IF Lookman and by some miracle Bolasie and Mirallas go then we'd still have 3 as Vlasic has to play somewhere.

And there is no way all 3 of those are going
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

August 01, 2018, 05:12:06 PM
Reply #2549

Lxxx

Love a well qualified ITK.