November 13, 2019, 05:10:24 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 181043 times)

August 08, 2018, 04:22:30 PM
Reply #3105

KoemansNumberTens

If we get the 2 we are being strongly linked with itís an 8/10 easily

If we donít get a centre half itís maybe only a 4 because weíll not be able to field a competent team

August 08, 2018, 05:55:14 PM
Reply #3106

Danny

I still hold hope for Batshuayi on loan

August 08, 2018, 05:58:40 PM
Reply #3107

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
I still hold hope for Batshuayi on loan

Think it will be more likely Zouma from Chelsea as Silva does want at least one centre back and this Mina deal is taking on a Fellowship of the Ring quest timescale (still hoping it works out though) but Zouma could be a nice option.

Batshuayi would be great though as will enjoy the through balls from Bernard.

August 08, 2018, 05:59:13 PM
Reply #3108

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think the Outs have strengthened my belief in the regime a bit.

Regardless of rumours good and bad, what we can say for sure is Rich and Digne - both seem like fine purchases and can back both.

If we get Mina and Bernard it lowers he age profile of the squad and adds to two areas we desperately needed quality and depth in.

We did leave everything a bit late in an already short window, so that isnít great, and we havenít REALLY (unless itís bernard) dealt with the Rooney / Midfield sitch.

6.5/10 for me so far, if we get Mina and and Bernard Iíll feel a bit better. Had a lot to do and did generally well, but weíre missing a few still.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 08, 2018, 06:00:17 PM
Reply #3109

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Without a CB (which surely is unlikely), its a 5/10, as they would have failed in the one position that we desperately need.

With a good quality CB, it becomes a 8/10 - job well done.

August 08, 2018, 06:03:35 PM
Reply #3110

MmmblueBernard

I still don't really like any of our central midfield.

Assuming we sort the centre of defence, this is next priority area.

We need a midfield general.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 08, 2018, 06:21:29 PM
Reply #3111

Tinga

Hopefully Zouma can play how he was pre injury.

August 08, 2018, 06:21:52 PM
Reply #3112

SANA_DR0

I think the Outs have strengthened my belief in the regime a bit.

Regardless of rumours good and bad, what we can say for sure is Rich and Digne - both seem like fine purchases and can back both.

If we get Mina and Bernard it lowers he age profile of the squad and adds to two areas we desperately needed quality and depth in.

We did leave everything a bit late in an already short window, so that isnít great, and we havenít REALLY (unless itís bernard) dealt with the Rooney / Midfield sitch.

6.5/10 for me so far, if we get Mina and and Bernard Iíll feel a bit better. Had a lot to do and did generally well, but weíre missing a few still.

I've always had faith in the new regime... i didnt expect us to get as much sorted as we have.. i thought it wouldnt be until next summers window.. I'm really happy with the purchases..I can see Bernard playing as the #10. i guess it will be the system that Koeman wanted originally.. 4231 with Siggy and Gana as the CM's. Tosun uptop with Walcott and Richarlison on either wing, and Bernard behind Tosun.. gotta say that really excites me for this season..

im pretty sure we will get one CB, but if we can get 2.. then i feel the top 8 would be pretty doable.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 08, 2018, 06:22:13 PM
Reply #3113

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully Zouma can play how he was pre injury.

Only if he plays for us. Otherwise I couldn't give a shit.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 08, 2018, 06:47:01 PM
Reply #3114

dangermouse

I've always had faith in the new regime... i didnt expect us to get as much sorted as we have.. i thought it wouldnt be until next summers window.. I'm really happy with the purchases..I can see Bernard playing as the #10. i guess it will be the system that Koeman wanted originally.. 4231 with Siggy and Gana as the CM's. Tosun uptop with Walcott and Richarlison on either wing, and Bernard behind Tosun.. gotta say that really excites me for this season..

im pretty sure we will get one CB, but if we can get 2.. then i feel the top 8 would be pretty doable.

Id expect us to finish 8th without all the recent signings... the EPL is dogshit atm.
I still dont see us finishing higher than 6th though.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

August 08, 2018, 06:50:09 PM
Reply #3115

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Id expect us to finish 8th without all the recent signings... the EPL is dogshit atm.
I still dont see us finishing higher than 6th though.

Won’t  be as bad this year as it was last.

If anything the quality gap in the middle has squeezed. Higher* floor and more teams buying good EL quality players..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 08, 2018, 06:53:23 PM
Reply #3116

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I can see a top six spot opening up next season.

Could be up for grabs.

The way we've conducted ourselves this window, I'd be very surprised if we aren't knocking on the door very soon.

We're outspending Arsenal and Spurs on a regular basis. Basic football economics says we're top six in the next three years at most.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 08, 2018, 07:03:49 PM
Reply #3117

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

Could be up for grabs.

The way we've conducted ourselves this window, I'd be very surprised if we aren't knocking on the door very soon.

We're outspending Arsenal and Spurs on a regular basis. Basic football economics says we're top six in the next three years at most.

Mina, Bernard, Zouma and a CM would make me confident that we would be there or thereabouts for 6th place (even 5th, Arsenal look as hollow as ever, Chelsea and Spurs seem all over the place!).

Just Mina & Bernard being added means we'll be a distant 7th or even 8th though.

August 08, 2018, 07:04:48 PM
Reply #3118

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Could be up for grabs.

Wages is the biggest factor re economics though.

Got some way on 5 of them and I think spurs will pull ahead with their recent renovations.

August 08, 2018, 07:09:15 PM
Reply #3119

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
We really do need one of these signings to become a proper superstar though, like Spurs had with Eriksson and Ali, and Liverpool had with Salah. Without that special player to elevate you, it becomes very difficult. The closest we have had is Lukaku, but I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Salah in terms of his performances.