October 23, 2019, 09:26:04 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 178314 times)

August 09, 2018, 03:07:30 AM
Reply #3165

KingdingalingNL

Who is the spanish player we have signed?

August 09, 2018, 03:29:18 AM
Reply #3166

blue slug

Didnít know we had

August 09, 2018, 03:35:30 AM
Reply #3167

TheTone

You know things are hotting up when you see 442 people viewing the forum

2 hidden again though what's up with that?

Show yourselves lids

August 09, 2018, 03:49:09 AM
Reply #3168

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

French,my apologies.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 09, 2018, 03:51:26 AM
Reply #3169

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 09, 2018, 03:58:42 AM
Reply #3170

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Remember thinking last summer's window was amazing. Strange that I'm thinking this summer's is possibly the best ever because it has (if Mina and maybe another arrive) addressed quicker than expected most of the problems caused by last season's!

Just hope next summer I'm enjoying the luxury of just adding one or two to complete the jigsaw.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

August 09, 2018, 04:08:01 AM
Reply #3171

Heisenberg

Remember thinking last summer's window was amazing. Strange that I'm thinking this summer's is possibly the best ever because it has (if Mina and maybe another arrive) addressed quicker than expected most of the problems caused by last season's!

Just hope next summer I'm enjoying the luxury of just adding one or two to complete the jigsaw.

I was never excited last season. We was clearly overloading on number 10s and not addressing key areas needed. This summer I feel like we've had a proper plan for the first time in ages

August 09, 2018, 04:27:44 AM
Reply #3172

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
I was never excited last season. We was clearly overloading on number 10s and not addressing key areas needed. This summer I feel like we've had a proper plan for the first time in ages

Agreed on this summer, Brands has made a huge difference and, from the start, we have addressed our problem areas with what appears to be a clear vision on how Silva wants to set us up. We are also getting players at the right age.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

August 09, 2018, 04:31:08 AM
Reply #3173

blue slug

If we get Mina and Bernard in before 5pm tomorrow then brands and silva have done brilliantly in one window

August 09, 2018, 06:54:15 AM
Reply #3174

TrevorSteven

My thoughts on your arrogant assumption of other fans in no particular order:

:Horse:
 :headbang:
 :wanker:

Was not meant to be arrogant - just pointing out something I think is quite different among evertonians than alot of other fans. Work rate and a "never give up attitude" is much more of a must among our fans than most of the other top clubs.

A bang average player at Everton will not get too much problems as long as he runs forever and fights, while skillfull players often get out of favour if form is dipping or games go wrong. People still hoping for Besic finally make it, people feel sorry for the lad while everybody gets on with the criticisme of Bolasie or Mirallas, Deulofeu and even Lukaku.

Its just a bit strange and it makes it a whole lot more difficult for these kind of players to get going in our club. These kind of players has a different mindset than Everton-favourites like David Weir - they are entertainers and are dependent of the love from their fans. In example - Bolasie has without doubt the talent and the skills - then it is up to the manager to get that out of him. He is even running alot and fighting - still most people want him sold. Donīt understand how it is possible to want to sell Bolasie but keep Sigurdsson, Davies, Besic i.e

So probably not arrogant - just thinking different...

August 09, 2018, 06:56:23 AM
Reply #3175

TrevorSteven

Agreed on this summer, Brands has made a huge difference and, from the start, we have addressed our problem areas with what appears to be a clear vision on how Silva wants to set us up. We are also getting players at the right age.

I think you are quite right but still hasnīt been linked to any strikers. Tosun, Niasse, DCL - thats just not good enough for a top 7 place.

August 09, 2018, 07:55:55 AM
Reply #3176

Outworlder47

I think you are quite right but still hasnīt been linked to any strikers. Tosun, Niasse, DCL - thats just not good enough for a top 7 place.

Sure it is. While goal difference is a better marker of expected performance than goals scored, GS is still pretty good. It takes about 60 goals on average to get 7th, in recent PL history.

The average PL team received 1 own goal and converted 4 PKs. Let's separate those out.

Figure your defenders are good for 5 goals combined from open play and free kicks/corners. This could be Baines directly, Coleman cutting in off the right, a CB from a corner, or whatever else you fancy. Last year was a bit of a down year in that regard due to a combination of injuries and setup, but I'd expect a bounce back. Especially with a Mina or another similar threat from set pieces.

Say 5 goals from Sigurdsson, and another 5 from your other midfielders (Gana, Davies, Schneiderlin, N.E. Other). Up to 20 goals, still need 40.

Tosun averaged 1 in 3 last year for Everton, after hitting about 0.75 goals/90 minutes at Besiktas. We'll give him 12.
Richarlison scored 5 for Watford, but his performance was indicative of between 9-12. With an offseason plus more talented folks around him, we'll give him 10.
Walcott's typically been about 1 in 3, but has a checkered injury history. Let's say 8, as he plays about 24 games per season on average.
Niasse won't have nearly the impact, I think, this term. Calvert-Lewin is healthy, and I'd expect him as a frequent sub to run at tired defenders. 7 goals between them, maybe?
Bernard is a wild card. 3 goals.

That's your 60 goals, without a big stretch. Sure, we'll absolutely have to tighten up at the back from what we've seen in preseason so far, but there's certainly goals in the team.

August 09, 2018, 10:01:19 AM
Reply #3177

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Itís starting to feel like the close knit squad of the Moyes days again.

We have Digne and Gana who used to play together and know one another. Then Digne and Mina obviously known to one another. Add Richarlison who is friends with Mina and now Bernard coming in. Thatís a strong core of players who are new to the club but know each other already.

ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 09, 2018, 10:10:38 AM
Reply #3178

Ramjam

It's starting to feel like the close knit squad of the Moyes days again.

We have Digne and Gana who used to play together and know one another. Then Digne and Mina obviously known to one another. Add Richarlison who is friends with Mina and now Bernard coming in. That's a strong core of players who are new to the club but know each other already.
It is a good starting point with their very first window, excellent business so far, and things can only get better
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 09, 2018, 02:13:57 PM
Reply #3179

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I expect 8 minimum from Walcott & Sigurdsson.

Richarlison has time on his side but I am half heartedly expecting him to be our top goalscorer to be honest.

Iíve got my issues with Tosun but if he gets chances he will bag, ~10 for Cenk would be good.

Would like to see DCLís finishing take a leap, but as a young player I wonít be haranguing him if he struggles.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.