October 23, 2019, 10:25:25 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 178327 times)

July 31, 2018, 03:42:10 PM
Reply #15

Lazarou

For some reason I thought when Brands was appointed he was going to come in and rip the place up with new ideas and quality targets, my hopes were raised. It does appear at the moment that being the director of football for Everton is a lot harder than I presumed. Not sure what the reasons are behind our ponderous recruitment, could it be perception of the club after last season, money or other things, hard to say.

It does appear we are in for a long hall even to get back to were we were a few seasons ago.
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

July 31, 2018, 03:46:57 PM
Reply #16

Lazarou

What exactly were you expecting?

Maybe some targets that had already been identified and sounded out and got them in for pre season. Selling high wage, low standard is always difficult so no expectations there.

If we do get a few in, their pre season with us is going to start when the league starts, which is never easy.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:50:50 PM by Lazarou »
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

July 31, 2018, 03:54:18 PM
Reply #17

Lazarou

But you said you 'expected Brands to come in and rip the place up with new ideas and quality targets'. He's been in the job two minutes and told he must cut costs before he does anything. At least have a bit of perspective.

What I am getting at is if Digne, Mina or Rojo or whoever have been identified targets from the get go, it is quite late to be bringing them in now. Negotiations appear to have dragged on and on, pre season is virtually over.

Is it too much to ask for these not to have been wrapped up sooner?

July 31, 2018, 04:02:59 PM
Reply #18

Lazarou

You're right. I'm sure Brands didn't think of trying to get things sorted sooner.
Of course he did, I seem to have given the impression that

I am a bit thick, (that may be true?)
It's all Marcels fault

Why is it wrong to question how the club have gone about things this summer? We all know what we needed in the summer of 17/18 and yet here we are again 12 months later with the same problems.

A left back and centre back should have been sorted weeks ago giving the new defence a time to get used to playing together as a unit.

August 03, 2018, 02:41:14 PM
Reply #19

Lazarou

So, as it stands, we have 3 fit CBs; on of which has looked awful, another is soon to be 36 and the other is Matthew fucking Pennington.

Holgate was injured much of the end of last season and hasnít featured much in pre-season.

Far from ideal, eh lads?

Frightening mate.

August 03, 2018, 02:42:11 PM
Reply #20

Lazarou

Does not seem to be any big rumours about anyone in any position at the moment which is concerning.

August 04, 2018, 04:57:01 AM
Reply #21

Lazarou

August 08, 2018, 03:25:10 PM
Reply #22

Lazarou

Too early to judge yet, even though most of it should have been done by now. Could go either way. Feeling positive still.....

August 08, 2018, 10:08:59 PM
Reply #23

Lazarou

August 09, 2018, 02:26:31 PM
Reply #24

Lazarou

15+ from Cenk this season.

If he gets the service he should do this no problem.