October 17, 2018, 03:42:21 AM

Author Topic: The "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" thread  (Read 2031 times)

May 14, 2018, 01:54:24 AM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The fact that Niasse is considered a future option for me, really only emphasises how poor this year has been.

Redeeming qualities such as he makes a nuisance of himself are only considered useful because weve been devoid of any sort of attacking plan and patterns. Therefore a sort of wildcard approach is better than nothing.

Next year this sort of situation should barely arise and hopefully wed have more options that you can place some sort of reliance on in all situations.

I think we could get 10m+ for him so its not peanuts from a few perspective.

May 14, 2018, 01:54:34 AM
Reply #16

gizzblue

Allardyce
Walsh
Williams
Schneiderlin
Mirallas
Sandro (if he really is desperate to leave England)
Bolasie
Klaassen
Sammy Lee
Martina
Garbutt
Good list aside Klassen who still hasnt had a real chance or Sandro for that matter ...as this isnt football manager and players don't bed in in half a game once a blue moon .

May 14, 2018, 02:00:51 AM
Reply #17

velimski

We'd get a lot more than 10m for Niasse imo.

May 14, 2018, 02:01:55 AM
Reply #18

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The fact that Niasse is considered a future option for me, really only emphasises how poor this year has been.

Redeeming qualities such as he makes a nuisance of himself are only considered useful because weve been devoid of any sort of attacking plan and patterns. Therefore a sort of wildcard approach is better than nothing.

Next year this sort of situation should barely arise and hopefully wed have more options that you can place some sort of reliance on in all situations.

I think we could get 10m+ for him so its not peanuts from a few perspective.

See, I think he's got more to his game than being just a nuisance.

I just don't see us getting a back up striker who can be as effective as him.

Look at someone like Lorente. Great player, but when he's asked to be a back up striker he struggles.

We can maybe go sign someone on the continent but it's only a matter of time before they throw the toys out the pram about being a back up.

Niasse is perfect for that role for me.

May 14, 2018, 02:09:08 AM
Reply #19

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
See, I think he's got more to his game than being just a nuisance.

I just don't see us getting a back up striker who can be as effective as him.

Look at someone like Lorente. Great player, but when he's asked to be a back up striker he struggles.

We can maybe go sign someone on the continent but it's only a matter of time before they throw the toys out the pram about being a back up.

Niasse is perfect for that role for me.

Back up needs to be someone that you can play if your first choice player is out.

Just cant see if we have a manager who demands more technically from the players how hed be anything other than last throw of the dice type of role for which he may or may not be on the bench.

If we happy to keep him for that, and hes happy with that then ok.

But weve got to make in roads in the attacking positions on the teams above us and hes way off the standard we need to get to.

May 14, 2018, 03:13:58 AM
Reply #20

Everton Mint

But imagine Niasse having the fortune to play with a good team around him.

He has been provided with fuck all, either from managers or good play, since he came back and he's STILL done better than most.

Waaaaaaay bigger problems to be solved than his squad place.

May 14, 2018, 03:27:15 AM
Reply #21

Bob Sacamano

But imagine Niasse having the fortune to play with a good team around him.

He has been provided with fuck all, either from managers or good play, since he came back and he's STILL done better than most.

Waaaaaaay bigger problems to be solved than his squad place.

You forgot to slag off Tosun.

May 14, 2018, 03:39:35 AM
Reply #22

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
One of Niasse or Calvert Lewin needs to go if we are to move on but there's no rush to get rid of either. I think Niasse has value in the market now which is why I could see him going

May 14, 2018, 03:57:18 AM
Reply #23

dunkster

Allardyce
Walsh
Williams
Schneiderlin
Mirallas
Sandro (if he really is desperate to leave England)
Bolasie
Klaassen
Sammy Lee
Martina
Garbutt

Add besic and mccarthy
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 14, 2018, 03:59:04 AM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If you can get money for him and reinvest wisely then it would be the right move I think.

I dont dislike him, I just dont particularly like the idea of watching an Everton team whos plan is - hope something drops in the box because Oumar has the knack.

I mean, he does have the knack, its unbelievable but the mans a stone cold killer in the six yard box, should have had a Hattrick today tbf, but thats not enough.

Also I will concede the pass for Theo was very good and its not the first time hes done that.

End of day, the fact we started the season with him and a kid and old man rooney up top should have been grounds for dismissal for Walshy.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 14, 2018, 04:01:52 AM
Reply #25

oscar

If the shite had niasse wed be laughing are cocks off hes shot

May 14, 2018, 04:02:22 AM
Reply #26

oscar

May 14, 2018, 04:07:06 AM
Reply #27

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
If the shite had niasse wed be laughing are cocks off hes shot

No because, as article 667.d states in their deal with Lucifer

'Any player deemed to be shite by fans of his own club would have the knack of scoring a bountiful amount of goals and providing assists in games that the client (Liverpool FC) should be losing, especially if it is a major Cup competition.'
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 14, 2018, 04:22:19 AM
Reply #28

Cereal Killer

No because, as article 667.d states in their deal with Lucifer

'Any player deemed to be shite by fans of his own club would have the knack of scoring a bountiful amount of goals and providing assists in games that the client (Liverpool FC) should be losing, especially if it is a major Cup competition.'

*this excludes one Dominic Solanke, who is beyond help

May 14, 2018, 04:55:43 AM
Reply #29

toffee_scot

Good list aside Klassen who still hasnt had a real chance or Sandro for that matter ...as this isnt football manager and players don't bed in in half a game once a blue moon .

I'd quite like Sandro to stay and fight for his place at Everton but that's if he's prepared to stay at Everton.

Klaassen is a big concern as 3 Everton managers this season have pretty much had little to no confidence in him. I don't doubt he's a good player but is he a Premier League player?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:56:50 AM by toffee_scot »