July 16, 2018, 04:12:22 PM

Author Topic: Pre season 2018/19  (Read 7344 times)

May 17, 2018, 07:33:48 PM
Reply #30

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Tours are really only good for marketing and bringing in a little extra revenue. It's a missed opportunity, sure, but when you're changing as much as we are this summer, it's something worth forgoing.

All that really matters is that we play enough matches for the squad to acclimate to the new manager's ideas in a semi-competitive environment.

Yes.

I was think that a tournament vs decent teams might not be the best for new approaches to install confidence!

May 17, 2018, 08:00:55 PM
Reply #31

Evertonian in NC

I want a televised match in that Sound of Music cow pasture again.  Do that, and I'm good.  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 29, 2018, 02:41:27 AM
Reply #32

toffee_scot

I don't know if the last manager/DoF/CEO planned or finalised any preseason games, tours, warm weather training etc.

Brands, Professor Denise and the new manager might have a shitload of work to do before the end of June.

May 31, 2018, 02:00:41 PM
Reply #33

TheBlackWatchFanzine

I don't know if the last manager/DoF/CEO planned or finalised any preseason games, tours, warm weather training etc.

Brands, Professor Denise and the new manager might have a shitload of work to do before the end of June.

It's a strange one because Allardyce said it was all sorted and, while different managers will have different preferences, I'm sure the club will have booked up facilities for tours or training camps they want to go on (e.g. Austria). It would be risky to abandon all plans until a new manager is in post. Then again, it's nearly June and we have literally no friendlies confirmed, so maybe so...

May 31, 2018, 02:49:39 PM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I read somewhere that Brands was going to plan it out.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

May 31, 2018, 03:04:42 PM
Reply #35

Lxxx

I read somewhere that Brands was going to plan it out.

Should be easy enough. A short hop to Holland to play a few games, then a couple back in the UK and one last game at Goodison against random Spanish opposition. Should take him a couple of hours.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:52:59 PM by Lxxx »

May 31, 2018, 06:35:42 PM
Reply #36

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

May 31, 2018, 06:39:45 PM
Reply #37

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Good test that.

May 31, 2018, 06:41:32 PM
Reply #38

Macca77

Bought my youngest lad the new Valencia away kit literally half an hour ago, how very peculiar

May 31, 2018, 06:44:37 PM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Boss one that.

Ill certainly be going to that. Good excuse for a day session.

May 31, 2018, 06:50:55 PM
Reply #40

Shogun

Administrator
Dont think weve ever played well in a Goodison friendly
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 31, 2018, 06:59:19 PM
Reply #41

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Dont think weve ever played well in a Goodison friendly

Usual pattern is opposition run rings round us for first half then after half time make some changes and we're desperate to not lose so usual ends up a draw.

May 31, 2018, 07:09:48 PM
Reply #42

Ross

Usual pattern is opposition run rings round us for first half then after half time make some changes and we're desperate to not lose so usual ends up a draw.

...and then the following year of people obsessing with some player who ran rings round a half arsed defence.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 31, 2018, 10:32:38 PM
Reply #43

Alanvideo

Can't remember the procedure with friendlies . Do STH's get a chance to buy their usual seat or is it straight to general sale ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 31, 2018, 10:46:12 PM
Reply #44

TheBlackWatchFanzine

Can't remember the procedure with friendlies . Do STH's get a chance to buy their usual seat or is it straight to general sale ?

Straight to general. I think you'll have your pick of seats to be fair.