July 18, 2018, 08:28:19 AM

Author Topic: [News]Blues could unveil new boss early next week  (Read 20771 times)

May 20, 2018, 06:52:40 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

I'd be very surprised if Silva and Brands haven't been in correspondence up to now. They seem to have been the chosen pairing for a while now, it would make sense for communications to have been initiated and see whether it's a good fit, especially in a World Cup year with a reduced transfer window.

May 20, 2018, 07:08:28 PM
Reply #31

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be very surprised if Silva and Brands haven't been in correspondence up to now. They seem to have been the chosen pairing for a while now, it would make sense for communications to have been initiated and see whether it's a good fit, especially in a World Cup year with a reduced transfer window.

Maybe had a discussion about how three managers get sacked yet first team coach keeps his job every time ? Must be a bit of a mystery to the outsider.

May 20, 2018, 07:34:32 PM
Reply #32

Macca77

Silva was told to sit tight and wait for a phone call back in January and has been in constant dialogue with Moshiri, he already knows what to expect and what he's got to work with

May 20, 2018, 07:35:57 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

Maybe had a discussion about how three managers get sacked yet first team coach keeps his job every time ? Must be a bit of a mystery to the outsider.

Meditation might help mate. Or a long walk in the hills. It's important to let go of any deep seated feelings like this, they do you no good holding onto them. 

May 20, 2018, 07:38:56 PM
Reply #34

Ramjam

Silva was told to sit tight and wait for a phone call back in January and has been in constant dialogue with Moshiri, he already knows what to expect and what he's got to work with
Is that a fact or your opinion?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 20, 2018, 07:55:03 PM
Reply #35

Redartin

I just hope that if things don't go to plan A, there is a plan B or C. And not just keep on the same plan like RK and RM. Watford went horribly wrong after a good start, it can't all be because of us surely? Can he turn things around? There are managers out there that look fantastic when things are going well, but have no ideas when they go bad and can't turn it around again.

All managers have weaknesses, even Brian Clough (watched the film last night), and Marco has shown a few in the past. Apparently he arrived in Hull and they were fucked. He unfucked them, turned them around and almost saved them. They blew it in the last couple of games, some say he made changes and it was his fault, others said the players bottled it. But most of the supporters forgave him because he gave them a hope they never had previously.
Again at Watford he took off instantly, then the wheels started to come off and it continued in a downhill spiral. Some blame us, some blame injuries and us, some blame key players not performing cause they thought they were coming to us with him.
Lots of excuses but some evidence of being good when it's good and when it's bad can't turn it.
Some also say he is a young up and coming manager still learning.

May 20, 2018, 07:59:49 PM
Reply #36

bogie

We abduct Simeone and hold him in Finch Farm permanently, building a fortress around it with guard towers and barbed-wired walls.

so to storm the castle you build a fortress hmm

May 20, 2018, 08:08:04 PM
Reply #37

Redartin

On the Silva Brands thing.
 I'd like to think Brands may have recommended Silva to Moshiri back in January. I know he wasn't part of the club then but if discussions were taking place as long as folk say it is feasible.
The alternative to that is that Moshiri just picked Silva himself back in January and, although there may be better option available at the moment, he is just being pig headed and insisting it's him. This also would mean Brands coming in and not trying to change the decision makes him a "yes" man.
Really hope it was the former, because the latter is a recipe for more disaster.

May 20, 2018, 08:09:27 PM
Reply #38

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Meditation might help mate. Or a long walk in the hills. It's important to let go of any deep seated feelings like this, they do you no good holding onto them.

Believe me, I donít lose any sleep over this, it was simply intended to provoke discussion, chill out yourself, thatís a massively mistaken assumption on your part, seems you just canít cope with someone posting a different option to your own.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:11:16 PM by Escla »

May 20, 2018, 08:14:52 PM
Reply #39

Bluedylan

I'd like to think Brands may have recommended Silva to Moshiri back in January. I know he wasn't part of the club then but if discussions were taking place as long as folk say it is feasible.
The alternative to that is that Moshiri just picked Silva himself back in January and, although there may be better option available at the moment, he is just being pig headed and insisting it's him. This also would mean Brands coming in and not trying to change the decision makes him a "yes" man.
Really hope it was the former, because the latter is a recipe for more disaster.

Dutch people aren't generally 'yes men'.

It's clearly the former. Doesn't guarantee it will be successful but it should help.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 20, 2018, 08:18:53 PM
Reply #40

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

I love how we as a fan base make up scenarios in our head over things and dwell on them. Not a dig at you as we all have done it/do it. What football does to us
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 20, 2018, 08:28:59 PM
Reply #41

velimski

It's further back than that. Koeman was sacked in October and we wanted Silva shortly after. 

Are we to believe we were in dialogue with Brands about Silva as far back as then?

May 20, 2018, 08:31:53 PM
Reply #42

dangermouse

Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

May 20, 2018, 08:32:35 PM
Reply #43

Bluedylan

It's further back than that. Koeman was sacked in October and we wanted Silva shortly after. 

Are we to believe we were in dialogue with Brands about Silva as far back as then?

Brands openly said we wanted to appoint him 2 years ago, and we've been in contact ever since.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 20, 2018, 08:35:47 PM
Reply #44

Macca77

Brands openly said we wanted to appoint him 2 years ago, and we've been in contact ever since.

Yep, said hes a man of his word and couldn't leave as he had unfinished business at PSV