July 23, 2018, 04:33:26 PM

Author Topic: [News]Blues could unveil new boss early next week  (Read 20893 times)

May 26, 2018, 02:34:33 AM
Reply #375

Ross

No, not brave at all, just being realistic in that my belief is that 99.9% of people on here would be surprised if we were to pay Watford £10 or more Million to secure Silva’s services whereas you would not be, what’s brave about that ?

Because judging by our very recent history for throwing money around I doubt it’d come as a surprise to many to see us give it away again so readily or easily.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 26, 2018, 03:02:11 AM
Reply #376

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Agree but we also do very little about the root causes. Kenwrights still a hero to half our fan base. He’d have got himself chased out of town had he had a similar record at Liverpool. We demand nothing but being a good blue. The sky is falling in attitude is because we’ve become used to fuck up after fuck up.

It’s more pervasive than that though.

I agree we need to enforce higher standards (Moshiri seems to do this whether consciously or not) but it’s things like expecting a striker who hasn’t scored for ages to score against us.

Yes it happens sometimes but it also happens sometimes against other teams (but you’re not going to remember). But people make a joke out of it.

“Everton that” is bollocks.

In the grand scheme of things, events have gone our way more than nearly every other club in the country, ever.

If we go a goal down, don’t just give up with “this always happens to us”, support the team.

If a manager’s appointment takes a few days longer than hoped, when we’ve got things in place generally, don’t panic it’s actually alright.

May 26, 2018, 03:23:27 AM
Reply #377

Macca77

Hope Silva gives good hugs and says witty one liners during his press conferences

May 26, 2018, 04:00:20 AM
Reply #378

Everton Mint

Marco Silva's managerial Honours:

Estoril - Segunda Liga: 2011–12

Sporting - Taça de Portugal: 2014–15

Olympiacos -  Superleague Greece: 2015–16

Since then he's left three clubs for personal reasons, relegation and sacked.

Is this guy really the best we can do and rely on to build the team and club back to greatness ? We need the nearest thing to a another Klopp and I really dont think Silva shows anything like it to build my and our hopes on.

May 26, 2018, 04:03:25 AM
Reply #379

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Is this guy really the best we can do and rely on to build the team and club back to greatness ? We need the nearest thing to a another Klopp and I really dont think Silva shows anything like it to build my and our hopes on.

What was Klopp’s record before he went to Dortmund?

May 26, 2018, 04:03:42 AM
Reply #380

Bob Sacamano

@Bluedylan where’s that quote you posted the other day about those jarg manager records and the managers turned out alright in the end.

May 26, 2018, 04:03:52 AM
Reply #381

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

He's left three clubs for personal reasons?

May 26, 2018, 04:05:04 AM
Reply #382

Macca77

What was Wenger's record before Arsenal?

May 26, 2018, 04:05:24 AM
Reply #383

Everton Mint

Its his record AT Dortmund that made the Reds go for him.

May 26, 2018, 04:05:47 AM
Reply #384

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
What was Wenger's record before Arsenal?

Won the league with Monaco but yes, mixed.

May 26, 2018, 04:07:51 AM
Reply #385

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Its his record AT Dortmund that made the Reds go for him.

Yes but Dortmund is a big club. They appointed someone without a stellar record because they saw something in him.

We’re not getting someone with a big track record, they only work at CL level, generally.

May 26, 2018, 04:08:19 AM
Reply #386

Everton Mint

Why IS Silva the right manager for us after taking Hull down and the goings on at Watford ?

The hierarchy just seem to have picked him at random, with no outstanding reason to back it up.

May 26, 2018, 04:10:37 AM
Reply #387

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Why IS Silva the right manager for us after taking Hull down and the goings on at Watford ?

The hierarchy just seem to have picked him at random, with no outstanding reason to back it up.

He didn't take hull down.

He took over a club in 19th with an 11% win ratio, made them a much better team with a 33% win ration which would've seen them 14th over the course of a season.

May 26, 2018, 04:13:06 AM
Reply #388

KoemansNumberTens

Klopp got relegated too

Look theres big question marks in regards to the last couple of games with hull and the collapse at Watford. There's also plenty of good work both jobs before that as well as a good record abroad. Of course he's a risk but who isn't that would want to manage us

May 26, 2018, 04:15:52 AM
Reply #389

Bluedylan

@Bluedylan where’s that quote you posted the other day about those jarg manager records and the managers turned out alright in the end.

Lets play a fun game of These Managers Aren't Good Enough For Us! I'll give you 3 options which I'm sure will be much more tempting than Silva:

Manager 1: He managed 4 clubs in Argentina, never lasted longer than a year at any and left the last two due to poor results, then spent just 6 months at a relegation fighting club in Spain, then just 6 months back at an Argentine club - what a terrible record! He must be awful! Kept on leaving clubs!

Manager 2: got relegated with Nancy, got sacked by Monaco when they were 17th, and spent 3 years managing in Japan... He sounds like a bit of a loser doesn't he! Only managed in poor leagues!

Manager 3: spent one year each at 4 Italian clubs, got one relegated, left the second because he was tempted by a bigger club, left the third when the were 19th in the league, and spent the 4th year in Serie B.... He sounds a bit rubbish too doesn't he, not to mention disloyal!

Well those are the careers of Diego Simeone, Arsene Wenger and Antonio Conte at the point when they joined Atleti, Arse and Juve respectively. I've picked them as they're relevant now but there are LOADS of similar examples.

(not my post, in the interest of full disclosure. Quoted it from another site)
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.