October 19, 2018, 12:28:40 PM

Author Topic: Ramiro Funes Mori in talks to leave Everton, £10m deal  (Read 5253 times)

May 25, 2018, 09:52:14 PM
Read 5253 times

Waltzer

Ramiro Funes Mori is in talks to join Mexican club Monterrey, in claims reported across the country on Friday.

The Everton defender’s twin brother Rogelio (pictured below) plays for the club as a striker, and it’s thought that’s a large reason behind Romero being interested in the move.

La Aficion, a newspaper local to Monterrey, have the most detail. They say Funes Mori is in negotiations to join the Liga MX side.

It’s described as a ‘South American bomb’ of a signing, and there’s some confidence a deal could be done. The Everton player knows all about the city via his brother, who has been with Monterrey since 2015.

Talks have been initiated at club level, and it’s claimed the response from Goodison Park was ‘positive’. Everton are willing to let the player go as long as Monterrey meet the asking price. That figure is put at $10m, which works out to be just over £10m, and the Mexicans would in principle be willing to pay that… but have worries over the player’s recovery from injury.

A source close to the situation is quoted as saying: “They already had the first contact, everything indicates that it will be positive. Ramiro wants to play, to have continuity and he was not happy that in the end he didn’t have the minutes he feels he needed to go to the World Cup. Rogelio has talked about Rayados (the club’s nickname), he knows Mexico, Monterrey and he sees it with good eyes.”

In April, Funes Mori told Argentine newspaper Ole: “I asked the coach to play me because I’m playing for a place to go to the World Cup. I’m fine and I hope I can play these games. I spoke with Rooney to tell the coach to put me on, he’s the captain and I told him so. He told me he was going to pass it on. I will do everything possible to go.”

Mexican football is a big deal, Monterrey get an average attendance of around 45,000 and the country’s biggest clubs can pay wages to attract players from Europe. Funes Mori would likely have to go through an extended medical to prove he’s fully recovered from his knee injury.

May 25, 2018, 09:55:19 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

One of my favourite Sinatra songs:

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 25, 2018, 09:57:21 PM
Reply #2

kramer0

Sold.

I understand why some people like him but I'm never getting on board with a centre back this rash.

May 25, 2018, 09:59:12 PM
Reply #3

Alanvideo

One of my favourite Sinatra songs:

............................it's not often I agree with you  8)
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 25, 2018, 09:59:35 PM
Reply #4

blue slug

Sold.

I understand why some people like him but I'm never getting on board with a centre back this rash.

agree, we have to many average/poor centre backs so need to get rid of Williams and mori and get in two quality replacements

May 25, 2018, 10:02:03 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

............................it's not often I agree with you  8)

Let love into your heart, Al. It's the only way.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 25, 2018, 10:21:03 PM
Reply #6

gizzblue

Keep him till we are sure Williams is gone at minimum ....take him all day over the useless( Vauxhall conference at best )Williams .

May 25, 2018, 10:21:32 PM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Has a Mexican side got that type of money?
Simply simply lovely

May 25, 2018, 10:22:15 PM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
I like him in a daft, brain fart sort of way but I wouldn't be too bothered if we got rid of him. Still has too many "school level" errors and misjudgements and he's not at an age you can coach that out of him.

May 25, 2018, 10:26:23 PM
Reply #9

Paddockoldie

SELL, SELL... before they change their minds. Never good enough for us really and a bit of a sly cunt with the tackles too.

May 25, 2018, 10:26:32 PM
Reply #10

KoemansNumberTens

Keep him till we are sure Williams is gone at minimum ....take him all day over the useless( Vauxhall conference at best )Williams .

I know Williams is decidedly unpopular but I’m not sure he was any worse than Keane this season. Our best centre half by a distance is jagielka who’s on his last legs. We possibly need 4 new 1s

May 25, 2018, 10:28:37 PM
Reply #11

Free Agent

How does $10m equate to just over £10m?
 :bonk:
I hope they meant $15m

May 25, 2018, 10:30:27 PM
Reply #12

blue slug

Has a Mexican side got that type of money?

if they're owned by El Chapo they will have lol

May 25, 2018, 10:30:32 PM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
I know Williams is decidedly unpopular but I’m not sure he was any worse than Keane this season. Our best centre half by a distance is jagielka who’s on his last legs. We possibly need 4 new 1s

Jags legs are fine, he just isn't able to do 40 games a season but he showed on plenty occasions that in a straight sprint with other players he's still got a good bit of pace about him.

May 25, 2018, 10:36:09 PM
Reply #14

KoemansNumberTens

Jags legs are fine, he just isn't able to do 40 games a season but he showed on plenty occasions that in a straight sprint with other players he's still got a good bit of pace about him.

Agree just meant he was old and didn’t have many seasons left.

Think we’ve got to hope a whole list of players come good under a different manager. It’s a massive job rebuilding if the likes of Sandro, Keane, klassen don’t improve vastly