October 24, 2018, 09:28:51 AM

Author Topic: Ramiro Funes Mori in talks to leave Everton, £10m deal  (Read 5288 times)

May 30, 2018, 05:31:53 PM
Reply #75

Toddacelli

Someone mentioned Zouma. I'd be into that. Like him a lot.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 30, 2018, 06:08:51 PM
Reply #76

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I am so surprised at how pedestrian and slow Keane is. Every movement is like a 50 year old man playing a game of football after a running a half marathon the day before.

Would not mind seeing Keane and Williams both go and bring in an outstanding centre half to play alongside Holgate with Mori and Jags as reserve.

I have been very disappointed with Keane, but every now and again I think - ok he looks really good here, composed, decent pass and near-dominant in the air.

Worth sticking with I think, but the reality is you probably need a double threat type cb to go next to him - a physical monster who can ball.

Also - worried about judging anyone based on only what I’ve seen over the last 12 months of hot garbage.

Edit: however, you can function in this league with shite cbs, but you absolutely need superstars up top & quality in CM, that should be our top priority!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:11:19 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 30, 2018, 06:33:50 PM
Reply #77

Macca77

Didn't someone mention that Keane was having some mental problems as well? His confidence was rock bottom, hopefully a new manager, new training regime and a strong dominant partner in central defence will get him back to his best.

May 30, 2018, 06:39:51 PM
Reply #78

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Keane is a very, very good passer of the ball.

He could flourish under somebody like Silva, but could also be over exposed.

Need an athletic brute of a type next to him I think.

May 30, 2018, 06:51:46 PM
Reply #79

chang

I read somewhere our centre backs accumulated just 2 goals between them this season just gone - if that is correct it is massively disappointing.

May 30, 2018, 07:08:55 PM
Reply #80

Gash

Global Moderator
I read somewhere our centre backs accumulated just 2 goals between them this season just gone - if that is correct it is massively disappointing.

Could be right that but then we weren't exactly creating many chances for our attacking players never mind our defenders.

May 30, 2018, 07:24:25 PM
Reply #81

chang

Could be right that but then we weren't exactly creating many chances for our attacking players never mind our defenders.

Relegated in the "corners won league" to boot  :eh:

http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_corners

May 30, 2018, 09:02:37 PM
Reply #82

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Relegated in the "corners won league" to boot  :eh:

http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_corners

Youíve got to have the ball in the opposition half to win a corner
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 30, 2018, 10:21:38 PM
Reply #83

Lxxx

Keane is a very, very good passer of the ball.

He could flourish under somebody like Silva, but could also be over exposed.

Need an athletic brute of a type next to him I think.

As much as we need to surround him with pace he still needs to step up to the plate himself and work on his physical attributes. For a professional athlete of 25 years old his athletic ability is shockingly poor. Whether he forks out for a personal fitness coach to maybe work on his power and acceleration off the mark or other mobility improvements he needs to do something, as I've not seen as leaden footed footballer as him for a long time. 

May 30, 2018, 10:25:19 PM
Reply #84

Toddacelli

Also - worried about judging anyone based on only what Iíve seen over the last 12 months of hot garbage.

This.

Also - can we have Lemos please Mr Moshiri?

I would be delighted with Lemos, Zouma, Keane, Funes Mori, Pennington as CB's.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 30, 2018, 10:31:24 PM
Reply #85

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Shame Sergio Ramos is 32 and not 36, I'd sign him on a big contract just for the LOLs.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:32:33 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

May 30, 2018, 10:39:40 PM
Reply #86

Evertonian in NC

It's still annoying we never saw much of Holgate playing next to Keane, to see if they could develop any kind of chemistry together.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 30, 2018, 10:48:25 PM
Reply #87

griff969

Keane only ever looked OK with Jags alongside him. It was a disaster with Williams.

Evertonian ever since Andy King smashed the ball past Ray Clemence

May 30, 2018, 10:57:33 PM
Reply #88

Evertonian in NC

Keane only ever looked OK with Jags alongside him. It was a disaster with Williams.

the lack of pace.  Holgate also had enough pace, one would think.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 31, 2018, 03:06:12 PM
Reply #89

Lxxx

the lack of pace.  Holgate also had enough pace, one would think.

But not the experience to spot when Keane is going to get done and get round on the cover like Jags does so well.