November 13, 2018, 03:49:25 AM

Author Topic: Ramiro Funes Mori in talks to leave Everton, £10m deal  (Read 5429 times)

May 28, 2018, 08:30:22 PM
Reply #45

blueski

sell only cb with pace that we've got?

seems unwise and will put a lot of pressure on getting someone who can cope in quickly - not saying hes all that but at least if we bring in someone for the position he can be cover or start the first few games while our new signing is getting his legs.

just how many centre halves do we think we can buy this summer? - we play with jags, williams and keane and we will be right back where we were last season or worse, my friends - can't see us bringing in 3 quality additions at this position this summer
Nil Satis

May 28, 2018, 08:32:22 PM
Reply #46

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
sell only cb with pace that we've got?

seems unwise and will put a lot of pressure on getting someone who can cope in quickly - not saying hes all that but at least if we bring in someone for the position he can be cover or start the first few games while our new signing is getting his legs.

just how many centre halves do we think we can buy this summer? - we play with jags, williams and keane and we will be right back where we were last season or worse, my friends - can't see us bringing in 3 quality additions at this position this summer

Jags has pace.

Neither of them should be starting every week so itís a case of pick a player you trust to play those dozen games a season.

May 29, 2018, 12:08:31 AM
Reply #47

blueski

Jags has pace.

Neither of them should be starting every week so itís a case of pick a player you trust to play those dozen games a season.
had; got no complaints on him but he is reaching the top limit of where he can be relied on in terms of his age

if we want to play better / more expansive football higher up the pitch we will need pace at the back, williams and keane will get skinned alive

if we are starting williams and / or keane we may as well have allardyce because we are going to have to sit deep
Nil Satis

May 29, 2018, 12:45:49 AM
Reply #48

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
had; got no complaints on him but he is reaching the top limit of where he can be relied on in terms of his age

if we want to play better / more expansive football higher up the pitch we will need pace at the back, williams and keane will get skinned alive

if we are starting williams and / or keane we may as well have allardyce because we are going to have to sit deep

Iíd rather have jags than mori for a dozen games. Whichever one it is will likely be gone 6/12months after the other one anyway. Bar Coleman I canít see any of them staying around longer than next season.

May 29, 2018, 01:21:21 AM
Reply #49

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd rather have jags than mori for a dozen games. Whichever one it is will likely be gone 6/12months after the other one anyway. Bar Coleman I canít see any of them staying around longer than next season.

Bar Coleman could be an Irish bar at Bramley Moore.
My momma says I'm special.

May 29, 2018, 01:47:24 AM
Reply #50

Alanvideo

Bar Coleman could be an Irish bar at Bramley Moore.
.............nice one  :cheers:
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 29, 2018, 02:25:52 PM
Reply #51

Toddacelli

I'd keep him. Good luck getting better for 10 mil.

Williams has to go, Jags is reaching his limit and although I think he would be fine with us for another year, it would not help us to delay finding our new best CB pairing. Plus he may consider a move to somewhere like Villa at this point so that he can still play great for someone. He doesn't get many but age makes players more injury prone too - just a sad fact. I know this because injuries stopped me from being a top footballer as I got older too - I'd just been hit in the mouth with too many bacon butties :)

We need an experienced beast of a partner for Keane and someone like FuMo (sorry @Bally ) in rotation. Pennington hasn't looked like setting the world alight but I would argue that CB is probably the hardest position for a young player to come in at this level and do well in and the lad should still get some minutes next season, wherever we can safely.

Also - for the shouts about money in the Mexican league - there's plenty according to my source - and most of it is backed by the sort of people you wouldn't want to owe money to...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 29, 2018, 05:36:33 PM
Reply #52

MexicanToffee

I'd keep him. Good luck getting better for 10 mil.

Williams has to go, Jags is reaching his limit and although I think he would be fine with us for another year, it would not help us to delay finding our new best CB pairing. Plus he may consider a move to somewhere like Villa at this point so that he can still play great for someone. He doesn't get many but age makes players more injury prone too - just a sad fact. I know this because injuries stopped me from being a top footballer as I got older too - I'd just been hit in the mouth with too many bacon butties :)

We need an experienced beast of a partner for Keane and someone like FuMo (sorry @Bally ) in rotation. Pennington hasn't looked like setting the world alight but I would argue that CB is probably the hardest position for a young player to come in at this level and do well in and the lad should still get some minutes next season, wherever we can safely.

Also - for the shouts about money in the Mexican league - there's plenty according to my source - and most of it is backed by the sort of people you wouldn't want to owe money to...

Most teams are owned by big business here. In Monterrey for example Tigres are owned by Cemex (Probably the world's largest concrete and aggregates company ) and Rayados (Monterrey) are owned by Femsa... an international branch of Heineken. Collectively they have revenue in excess of $50 billion dollars a year, so not short of few quid. Wages here are the highest in Latin America and at the the top end probably compare favourably to the Premier league mid bracket player. They are a cagey bunch when buying players though, which is why a doubt they will splash the money on Funes Mori. Personally, I don't think we should be selling him either...not until we have bought a couple of replacements centre backs for Jags and Williams.
ďHe loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.Ē

May 29, 2018, 06:09:39 PM
Reply #53

Lxxx

We really have let our defensive options degenerate haven't we? In an ideal world you'd want upgrades on most of the players we have available. 

May 29, 2018, 06:29:41 PM
Reply #54

Bluenose 91

He's literally not good at one single aspect of defending so take the money and run.

We need to buy a new first choice CB to play alongside Keane with Jagielka and Holgate in reserve.

They'll both be decent stand ins if Keane doesn't improve at all until January comes round at least.

May 29, 2018, 07:39:26 PM
Reply #55

Toddacelli

I'd argue with the people who say he's terrible and not a footballer. He's decent, he really is. He's just not good enough to be first choice for us but I would happily have him in rotation.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 30, 2018, 12:05:43 AM
Reply #56

everton1952

Snatch it out of their hand and run. Probably a load of bllcks anyway.

May 30, 2018, 02:49:49 AM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I'd argue with the people who say he's terrible and not a footballer. He's decent, he really is. He's just not good enough to be first choice for us but I would happily have him in rotation.

The villa away videonis good as well.

Iíll be honest, i went off him massively during his time at us because he has some insanely glaring faults.

However, itís absolutely shocking the injury problems weíve had his last 12-18 months.

Mori, Seamus, Baines, McCarthy, Bolasie...ridiculous.

I fully expect us to be looking at a cb of broadly his profile - prem level athleticism and also able to step out of defence a little bit. So hopefully we will get an upgrade in this window...but a LITTLE bit of me is feeling like, is it worth £10m to lose the last bit of athletic ability in the back four?

Think him and Keane would have gone OK, in the same way I think yer man from city and Keane would have been alright. Wouldnít be surprised if we went back for him actually. Or maybe Zouma..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 30, 2018, 03:29:52 AM
Reply #58

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
What this about ďcanít get better for £10mĒ? So what. Iíd rather go out and spend good money on a guaranteed starter, flog this donkey for £10m and spend the best part of that £10m on a 19/20yr old with big potential.

Honestly whatís the point of keeping him? Keeping him around when thereís money on offer is just bananas imo.

May 30, 2018, 03:32:47 AM
Reply #59

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
What this about ďcanít get better for £10mĒ? So what? Iíd rather go out and spend good money on a guaranteed starter, flog this donkey for £10m and spend The best part of that £10m on a 20yr old with potential.

Honestly whatís the point of keeping him? Keeping him around when thereís money on offer is just bananas imo.

Heís of the age where if a player isnít guaranteed to start (or first change) then no problem with moving on and trying with someone else.

Goal threat is pretty useless for a CB if youíre only playing 10 games max; and is there a point in using minutes that could develop Holgate (or equivalent).