October 15, 2018, 03:12:22 PM

Author Topic: Ramiro Funes Mori in talks to leave Everton, £10m deal  (Read 5228 times)

May 25, 2018, 10:36:35 PM
Read 5228 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Better than Keane, but yeah, way too rash & brainless.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 30, 2018, 02:49:49 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I'd argue with the people who say he's terrible and not a footballer. He's decent, he really is. He's just not good enough to be first choice for us but I would happily have him in rotation.

The villa away videonis good as well.

Iíll be honest, i went off him massively during his time at us because he has some insanely glaring faults.

However, itís absolutely shocking the injury problems weíve had his last 12-18 months.

Mori, Seamus, Baines, McCarthy, Bolasie...ridiculous.

I fully expect us to be looking at a cb of broadly his profile - prem level athleticism and also able to step out of defence a little bit. So hopefully we will get an upgrade in this window...but a LITTLE bit of me is feeling like, is it worth £10m to lose the last bit of athletic ability in the back four?

Think him and Keane would have gone OK, in the same way I think yer man from city and Keane would have been alright. Wouldnít be surprised if we went back for him actually. Or maybe Zouma..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 30, 2018, 05:37:39 AM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Heís of the age where if a player isnít guaranteed to start (or first change) then no problem with moving on and trying with someone else.

Goal threat is pretty useless for a CB if youíre only playing 10 games max; and is there a point in using minutes that could develop Holgate (or equivalent).

Is he not demonstrably better than Holgate with superior physical abilities

May 30, 2018, 06:08:51 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I am so surprised at how pedestrian and slow Keane is. Every movement is like a 50 year old man playing a game of football after a running a half marathon the day before.

Would not mind seeing Keane and Williams both go and bring in an outstanding centre half to play alongside Holgate with Mori and Jags as reserve.

I have been very disappointed with Keane, but every now and again I think - ok he looks really good here, composed, decent pass and near-dominant in the air.

Worth sticking with I think, but the reality is you probably need a double threat type cb to go next to him - a physical monster who can ball.

Also - worried about judging anyone based on only what I’ve seen over the last 12 months of hot garbage.

Edit: however, you can function in this league with shite cbs, but you absolutely need superstars up top & quality in CM, that should be our top priority!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:11:19 PM by brap2 »

May 30, 2018, 09:02:37 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Relegated in the "corners won league" to boot  :eh:

http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_corners

Youíve got to have the ball in the opposition half to win a corner

May 31, 2018, 04:31:40 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yet to see this myself. He looks very awkward whenever he gets it. He's not mobile and has no pace. I'd cut our losses and look for someone better.

Every now and again he has it in the locker. Saw footballfactman say at one point Keane was ranking highest on his passing model for our CB’s - hard to know what’s getting attributed to what there but I do think there are the bones of a proficient ball playing CB there...

As I say though, I have been really disappointed. Looks a way off the level we need him at and the talk of his head going was really worrying.