August 15, 2018, 06:30:44 AM

Author Topic: Ramiro Funes Mori in talks to leave Everton, £10m deal  (Read 4604 times)

May 26, 2018, 01:25:55 AM
Read 4604 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Stupid to sell now. Wait for the World Cup to finish, he might have a great one and his price inflated like crazy.
I’d rather get rid of Williams, they can have him for free.

Not been picked!

May 30, 2018, 03:32:47 AM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
What this about “can’t get better for £10m”? So what? I’d rather go out and spend good money on a guaranteed starter, flog this donkey for £10m and spend The best part of that £10m on a 20yr old with potential.

Honestly what’s the point of keeping him? Keeping him around when there’s money on offer is just bananas imo.

He’s of the age where if a player isn’t guaranteed to start (or first change) then no problem with moving on and trying with someone else.

Goal threat is pretty useless for a CB if you’re only playing 10 games max; and is there a point in using minutes that could develop Holgate (or equivalent).

May 30, 2018, 01:09:19 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, just if we’re being particularly ruthless re planning for the future, how much time do we invest in 27 year olds who aren’t reliable, whereas there might be an upside in a 21/22 year old who isn’t reliable.

May 30, 2018, 02:48:43 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think if there are question marks over silvas defensive record (and there is)..that getting a ready made, more experienced defence in place is safer than his ability to coach,/improve young 20-22 year olds.
If the wheels start falling off at the back it will have a significant effect on our midfield pushing forwards.

Yes there would be an argument for that if the 27 year old defenders were solid but unspectacular players who you could put out and not worry what they’re going to do, while you concentrate on other areas.

Aside from Jags, we don’t have that. So if we’re left with unreliable older players or unreliable younger players, if we’re being longer term, the latter option is more sensible.