September 19, 2019, 01:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Ramiro Funes Mori in talks to leave Everton, £10m deal  (Read 6915 times)

May 29, 2018, 02:25:52 PM
Read 6915 times

Toddacelli

I'd keep him. Good luck getting better for 10 mil.

Williams has to go, Jags is reaching his limit and although I think he would be fine with us for another year, it would not help us to delay finding our new best CB pairing. Plus he may consider a move to somewhere like Villa at this point so that he can still play great for someone. He doesn't get many but age makes players more injury prone too - just a sad fact. I know this because injuries stopped me from being a top footballer as I got older too - I'd just been hit in the mouth with too many bacon butties :)

We need an experienced beast of a partner for Keane and someone like FuMo (sorry @Bally ) in rotation. Pennington hasn't looked like setting the world alight but I would argue that CB is probably the hardest position for a young player to come in at this level and do well in and the lad should still get some minutes next season, wherever we can safely.

Also - for the shouts about money in the Mexican league - there's plenty according to my source - and most of it is backed by the sort of people you wouldn't want to owe money to...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 29, 2018, 07:39:26 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

I'd argue with the people who say he's terrible and not a footballer. He's decent, he really is. He's just not good enough to be first choice for us but I would happily have him in rotation.

May 30, 2018, 05:23:03 PM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

What this about ďcanít get better for £10mĒ? So what. Iíd rather go out and spend good money on a guaranteed starter, flog this donkey for £10m and spend the best part of that £10m on a 19/20yr old with big potential.

Honestly whatís the point of keeping him? Keeping him around when thereís money on offer is just bananas imo.

I agree with you in principle, but CB's of this standard are as hard to get as strikers. I genuinely don't know that we can attract a CB at any price who would be good enough to walk straight into the first team, no risk and play every game.
So my worry is - we sell him for £10M and spend £40M on someone who is really no better.

May 30, 2018, 05:31:53 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

Someone mentioned Zouma. I'd be into that. Like him a lot.

May 30, 2018, 10:25:19 PM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

Also - worried about judging anyone based on only what Iíve seen over the last 12 months of hot garbage.

This.

Also - can we have Lemos please Mr Moshiri?

I would be delighted with Lemos, Zouma, Keane, Funes Mori, Pennington as CB's.