September 18, 2019, 01:58:44 AM

Author Topic: Ramiro Funes Mori in talks to leave Everton, 10m deal  (Read 6909 times)

May 25, 2018, 09:55:19 PM
Read 6909 times

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 25, 2018, 10:02:03 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

............................it's not often I agree with you  8)

Let love into your heart, Al. It's the only way.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

May 30, 2018, 05:28:40 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

I agree with you in principle, but CB's of this standard are as hard to get as strikers. I genuinely don't know that we can attract a CB at any price who would be good enough to walk straight into the first team, no risk and play every game.
So my worry is - we sell him for 10M and spend 40M on someone who is really no better.

So you're worried we'll waste the money? That's a different issue, and not a massively convincing argument to keep Funes Mori. It will be interesting to see who Silva/Brands identify to sign in defence.

I'd say we need to be targeting a Davinson Sanchez type. Someone with massive promise in a European league, who might be a bit raw initially.

I'd also persevere with Keane. Still think he can come good in the right defence with the right players around him. Last year was not reflective of his true ability, imo. And since people are giving passes to Klassen etc for a fresh start (rightly), I think Keane should be afforded the same.