July 18, 2018, 06:25:39 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 9351 times)

June 12, 2018, 02:51:10 AM
Reply #225

kramer0

Word is heís already done his research on the youngsters and rates them.

Dowell inparticular has been singled out as somebody he wants to have a good look at.

Connolly as well could have a role.

Connolly could become an excellent squad player with the right management.

Plays anywhere across the backline*, is strong in the air, and looks like a genuine goal threat from set pieces.

* He played defensive midfield for Mick McCarthy's Ipswich last season but I'm not sure how much potential he has in that role because Mick McCarthy is exactly the sort of guy who would play a natural defender in midfield.

June 12, 2018, 03:11:40 AM
Reply #226

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Iím really really excited about him getting rid of some of the shore in the squad and seeing some young blues come through. Really canít wait!

June 12, 2018, 04:04:47 AM
Reply #227

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Word is heís already done his research on the youngsters and rates them.

Dowell inparticular has been singled out as somebody he wants to have a good look at.

Connolly as well could have a role.

Dowell to be played by Silva in a De Bruyne style deep languid playmaker who canít sprint role. Has the passing ability to do it. Oh my goodness.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 12, 2018, 04:08:00 AM
Reply #228

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Dowell to be played by Silva in a De Bruyne style deep languid playmaker who canít sprint role. Has the passing ability to do it. Oh my goodness.

Then has his spirit completely ruined by the lower g lids and retires at the age of 24 to discover himself away from football.

June 12, 2018, 04:40:43 AM
Reply #229

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Then has his spirit completely ruined by the lower g lids and retires at the age of 24 to discover himself away from football.

Ah doing a David Bentley

June 14, 2018, 04:45:42 PM
Reply #230

formerKHL

Just heard something really weird/coincidental....

considering watford are after us for compensation for Silva.....they have to pay us 3.5 million as part of the delefeou deal !!!

anyone else cast some light on this...

June 14, 2018, 04:57:12 PM
Reply #231

Gash

Global Moderator

considering watford are after us for compensation for Silva.....they have to pay us 3.5 million as part of the delefeou deal !!!

Can't see why they'd need to pay us anything? We sold him to Barca, I'd have thought if there was any money due it would be from them rather than Watford.

June 14, 2018, 04:57:24 PM
Reply #232

themilkycoffees

Might be some truth in that. As we had to sell Deulofeu back to Barcelona as part of their buy back option, we may have been able to insert some clauses like this if they were to sell him on.  Could be a way of ending this little issue with Watford if true.

June 14, 2018, 05:11:26 PM
Reply #233

formerKHL

dont know if any of it's true...but was told as aprt of the conversation that there was a sell on clause somewhere in the very original deal between barca and everton...that EFC...instigated...

June 14, 2018, 05:19:32 PM
Reply #234

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Barca's "buy back clause" did have a time limit stating that if he was sold in (i think?) 12 months by them, then we were to be paid.

but that is between us and Barca, not the buying club.

June 14, 2018, 05:25:30 PM
Reply #235

formerKHL

maybe thats what it is then watford pay barca..we get a slice......

June 22, 2018, 07:13:21 PM
Reply #236

Morta75

Let get going now Marco Silva, waiting for some real activity...

June 23, 2018, 02:46:16 PM
Reply #237

stirlingblue

Let get going now Marco Silva, waiting for some real activity...

You wonít see much happen during a World Cup, patience is the order of the day