October 23, 2019, 08:18:24 PM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22626 times)

July 25, 2018, 01:54:50 AM
Reply #300

blue slug

Yeah got a couple of good Indian restaurants by me but youíre right about Chinese food quality

July 25, 2018, 01:55:42 AM
Reply #301

blue slug

Love how this thread has gone 😂

July 25, 2018, 01:57:46 AM
Reply #302

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Indian is my favorite and I am so happy we have found an Indian restaurant about a 20 minute drive from home.

Chinese is ok, but I think the quality is pretty shit over here.

Found Indian was really expensive in the States
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 25, 2018, 02:01:50 AM
Reply #303

eugene

And back to Liverpool some blinding Chinese restaurants

July 25, 2018, 02:01:58 AM
Reply #304

boothill

indian by us does the nicest butter chicken ive tasted, nicest Chinese i tasted was on Crete, prefer Italian when we make it at home

July 25, 2018, 02:04:42 AM
Reply #305

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Nonetheless, British food is still taken the piss out of. Most people don't eat at fancy restaurants either.

I like British food, so I really don't care. In fact, it's great. I get all the Marmite to myself, all the Branston Pickle, salad cream and other stuff.

Peanut butter and jelly is disgusting. And I can't stand Italian food either. Pasta and tomatoes are shite.

I donít agree that British food is taken the piss out of, by who ? the lard arsed Americans raised on mega portion full fat burgers and fried chicken? and FYI marmite, Branson pickle and salad cream has fuck all to do with British Cuisine, we have great chefs cooking traditional cuisine, Rick Stein, Brian Turner, James Martin, Jamie Oliver , Gordon Ramsay and dozens more, theres one half decent chef in America that is an Austrian, Wolfgang Puch, started out o.k but has now moved into steak house and Pizza franchises because thatís where the money is in a Trumpland.

July 25, 2018, 02:06:06 AM
Reply #306

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Found Indian was really expensive in the States

In general I've found that too. The one near me is very reasonable. Average meal is $13. I can never finish it there either, always too much, so bring it home to finish off a day or two later.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 25, 2018, 02:12:01 AM
Reply #307

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Quite partial to Middle eastern food, mates family from Lebanon and have had some great food, donít ask me what itís called itís just tasty

Lived in the Middle East for six years, Lebanese the king of cuisines, you are talking about Kibbeh, babbaganoush, , shish taouk, shawarmah etc. In London eat at Fahkreldine on Piccadilly, Al Hamra on Edgeware Rd, great take away/ home delivery from Comptoir Libanese in Kensington, they also have outlets Ar Heathrow, Gatwick and Westfield London Stadium ( had a West Ham pre match mezzeh there)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:13:22 AM by Escla »

July 25, 2018, 02:13:01 AM
Reply #308

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I donít agree that British food is taken the piss out of, by who ? the lard arsed Americans raised on mega portion full fat burgers and fried chicken? and FYI marmite, Branson pickle and salad cream has fuck all to do with British Cuisine, we have great chefs cooking traditional cuisine, Rick Stein, Brian Turner, James Martin, Jamie Oliver , Gordon Ramsay and dozens more, theres one half decent chef in America that is an Austrian, Wolfgang Puch, started out o.k but has now moved into steak house and Pizza franchises because thatís where the money is in a Trumpland.

It's taken the piss out of by the French as well. Big time. It's something I've always come across in my travels overseas, British food has a poor reputation. I think it stems from the fact we had to ration everything during and after the war. The reputation still exists. Boiling the fuck out of potatoes and veggies is a big one for example.

I know the foods I mentioned aren't true British food either. That's just the stuff I can get on a fairly regular basis that I like from Britain.

And how many meals have you eaten by those chefs you mention anyway? That's a different class of food altogether anyway.

ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 25, 2018, 02:13:15 AM
Reply #309

boothill

In general I've found that too. The one near me is very reasonable. Average meal is $13. I can never finish it there either, always too much, so bring it home to finish off a day or two later.
what does a take away cost blarg ?

July 25, 2018, 02:13:52 AM
Reply #310

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
what does a take away cost blarg ?

Indian? The same as if you ate there.

July 25, 2018, 02:17:56 AM
Reply #311

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Quite partial to Middle eastern food, mates family from Lebanon and have had some great food, donít ask me what itís called itís just tasty

Love Middle Eastern food. City Road in the centre of Cardiff has four or five great Middle Eastern restaurants
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 25, 2018, 02:23:21 AM
Reply #312

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It's taken the piss out of by the French as well. Big time. It's something I've always come across in my travels overseas, British food has a poor reputation. I think it stems from the fact we had to ration everything during and after the war. The reputation still exists. Boiling the fuck out of potatoes and veggies is a big one for example.

I know the foods I mentioned aren't true British food either. That's just the stuff I can get on a fairly regular basis that I like from Britain.

And how many meals have you eaten by those chefs you mention anyway? That's a different class of food altogether anyway.

FYI, and for your further elucidation, the French take the piss out of every other country on this planets cuisine, none more so than the U.S. and BTW, have eaten in many of those and equivalent standard restaurants, admittedly mostly on biz expenses or in an other professional capacity.

July 25, 2018, 02:25:34 AM
Reply #313

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
FYI, and for your further elucidation, the French take the piss out of every other country on this planets cuisine, none more so than the U.S. and BTW, have eaten in many of those and equivalent standard restaurants, admittedly mostly on biz expenses or in an other professional capacity.

Most people haven't and don't normally. High end restaurants are really not the norm.

The fact is, wherever I've been, other nations take the piss out of British food.

July 25, 2018, 02:31:49 AM
Reply #314

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Most people haven't and don't normally. High end restaurants are really not the norm.

The fact is, wherever I've been, other nations take the piss out of British food.

TBH Blargs, Iím guessing Iíve been to many other nations than you and that has not been my experience
so leave it at that.