October 17, 2019, 12:20:13 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22400 times)

July 25, 2018, 02:36:22 AM
Reply #315

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
My mums meat to potatoe ratio in a pan of scouse is a disgrace tbh.

Wouldn’t traditionally expect a big meat ration.

July 25, 2018, 02:39:40 AM
Reply #316

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn’t traditionally expect a big meat ration.

Especially not in a “ blind Scouse “ (yes, we had it as kids !)

July 25, 2018, 02:42:16 AM
Reply #317

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
TBH Blargs, I’m guessing I’ve been to many other nations than you and that has not been my experience
so leave it at that.

Ok, whatever you say. Not sure why you're so vexed by it, but there you go.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 25, 2018, 02:43:44 AM
Reply #318

eugene

And we have now gone full circle, around the world on a gastronomic whirlwind all because we don’t sell Scouse pies at the ground anymore!

July 25, 2018, 02:45:18 AM
Reply #319

Toffee Tuesdays

Most people haven't and don't normally. High end restaurants are really not the norm.

The fact is, wherever I've been, other nations take the piss out of British food.

Definitely a stereotype I've heard.  When I went to England when I was younger our tour guide even jokingly apologized for the food.  I enjoyed it though

July 25, 2018, 02:46:27 AM
Reply #320

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Ok, whatever you say. Not sure why you're so vexed by it, but there you go.

Not in the least vexed Blargs, just don’t think that you are qualified to make judgement statement on what the rest of the world thinks about British cuisine, think you might be falling back on the the old fish and chips or steak and kidney pie perception commonly held by foreigners, no harm done.

July 25, 2018, 02:48:25 AM
Reply #321

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not in the least vexed Blargs, just don’t think that you are qualified to make judgement statement on what the rest of the world thinks about British cuisine, think you might be falling back on the the old fish and chips or steak and kidney pie perception commonly held by foreigners, no harm done.

I'm just going by whatever I've heard, and it's pretty much the same thing every country I've visited. Perhaps I don't keep with the same class of people as you?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 25, 2018, 02:48:36 AM
Reply #322

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
@Escla

People all over the world take the piss out of British Food. Sure you have great restaurants but they not serving authentic British cuisine as it's main items.

Portoguese food is the best especially Peri-Peri prawns.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 25, 2018, 02:51:03 AM
Reply #323

eugene

So the unveiling vid is out, even saw a little interview with him....... come on lads

July 25, 2018, 02:51:59 AM
Reply #324

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
@Escla

People all over the world take the piss out of British Food. Sure you have great restaurants but they not serving authentic British cuisine as it's main items.

Con, or Blargs for that matter, could you please give me three examples of what you call “authentic British cuisine” ?

Btw. peri peri is Angolan, not Portuguese.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:55:02 AM by Escla »

July 25, 2018, 02:55:04 AM
Reply #325

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Con, or Blargs for that matter, could you please give me three examples of what you call “authentic British cuisine” ?

Yorkshire Pudding
Mushy peas
Black Pudding
Roast Beef(actually like this)
Fish and Chips
Steak and Kidney Pie
toad in the hole.

Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 25, 2018, 02:55:42 AM
Reply #326

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah you are kind of right. Mozambican actually

July 25, 2018, 02:56:22 AM
Reply #327

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
@Escla

Con... I love you
Simply simply lovely

July 25, 2018, 02:57:49 AM
Reply #328

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
@Escla

Portuguese food is spectacular.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 25, 2018, 02:59:18 AM
Reply #329

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

I'd add onto what Con wrote above, bubble & squeak, Scouse has to be there too I guess :). Bangers & mash (yummy). I'll think of some more, it's been a long time.