October 23, 2019, 06:46:06 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22597 times)

July 29, 2018, 02:27:47 AM
Reply #435

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
A lot of drama we've been poor pre season but it's not a relegation team. We'll still be comfortably top half because there's some fucking shite in the Premier league. A few signings and we'll make a decent fist of it.

July 29, 2018, 02:30:32 AM
Reply #436

Martip

A lot of drama we've been poor pre season but it's not a relegation team. We'll still be comfortably top half because there's some fucking shite in the Premier league. A few signings and we'll make a decent fist of it.
Without any cb signings the only fist we 'll see is mine being shaken towards the players

July 29, 2018, 02:33:28 AM
Reply #437

Waltzer

I don't think we're a relegation candidate but it's surprising how quickly things can change. Fulham are on the crest of a wave,  made good signings on the face of it,  similar to wolves so newly promoted teams aren't the guaranteed strugglers as before, whereas we seem to be nearer the bottom of the wave and in a bit of a state.

July 29, 2018, 02:39:36 AM
Reply #438

indiantoffee1975

A lot of shouts about Silva not having the players to play his way which may be true but he's not exactly a proven manager yet is he? could yet prove an awful choice, obviously very early days but first impression is he's a bit Koemanez..

I'd be inclined to agree with that. That was one of my reservations about Silva.
When Martinez came in he had a well drilled defence amd tinkered with a good squad by injectiing some pace with Deulofeu and Lukaku in what was an already well assembled squad left by Moyes.
No way can Silva come to Everton and tinker with this side and get them playing expansive football.

This is why this job might be too soon for Silva. The characteristics of a manger we need at this moment in time to deal with the bottle merchants we have is not the one I see in Silva. Going by the way Silva left Watford when matters starting spiraling away from him, he clearly was less motivated to carry on once our interest became apparent and combine that with the players he currently has here you could see things turning negative and him walking away. Anyway hope i'm wrong and it all works out fine.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 02:41:21 AM by indiantoffee1975 »

July 29, 2018, 03:45:20 AM
Reply #439

Lxxx

A lot of shouts about Silva not having the players to play his way which may be true but he's not exactly a proven manager yet is he? could yet prove an awful choice, obviously very early days but first impression is he's a bit Koemanez..

Based on?

July 29, 2018, 03:58:02 AM
Reply #440

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Two quick truths :

1. Pre season means fuck all

2. We’ve looked this porous and with this lack of control for more than 2 seasons now, and so far in pre season there’s nothing to convince anyone we’ve managed to fix the problems we have.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 29, 2018, 04:16:35 AM
Reply #441

Mayor Farnum

We seem to have played very few games this pre-season. Don't know if we have it just seems that way.
Something clever written by someone else.

July 29, 2018, 04:18:03 AM
Reply #442

bluenuck

Two quick truths :

2. We’ve looked this porous and with this lack of control for more than 2 seasons now, and so far in pre season there’s nothing to convince anyone we’ve managed to fix the problems we have.

I'd say 3 seasons. And in that time we've had 5 managers.

July 29, 2018, 04:49:17 AM
Reply #443

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Two quick truths :

Yeah i agree which essentially means we are set for another season of absolute mediocrity as it stands

July 29, 2018, 05:59:42 AM
Reply #444

Bluedylan

I'd be inclined to agree with that. That was one of my reservations about Silva.
When Martinez came in he had a well drilled defence amd tinkered with a good squad by injectiing some pace with Deulofeu and Lukaku in what was an already well assembled squad left by Moyes.
No way can Silva come to Everton and tinker with this side and get them playing expansive football.

This is why this job might be too soon for Silva. The characteristics of a manger we need at this moment in time to deal with the bottle merchants we have is not the one I see in Silva. Going by the way Silva left Watford when matters starting spiraling away from him, he clearly was less motivated to carry on once our interest became apparent and combine that with the players he currently has here you could see things turning negative and him walking away. Anyway hope i'm wrong and it all works out fine.

He didn't leave Watford 'when matters started spiraling away from him', as you put it.

'Matters started spiraling away' because he wanted to leave Watford and wanted to come here.

It's an important distinction. Your characterisation would mean that he was a rat deserting a sinking ship, when actually him wanting to get off the ship was what caused it to sink.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 29, 2018, 09:09:32 AM
Reply #445

eyesalwaysblue

Based on?
Based on he's not proven at all yet that he's any good, wouldn't know what any other conclusion could be based on really, though with the state of the team  ability wise, and mind set, he dosen't have an envious task ahead. Just got to hope he's up to it..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

July 29, 2018, 09:54:16 AM
Reply #446

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We need to be patient and give him time. It’s going to be rough and ugly but it will take time to turn things round.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 29, 2018, 10:44:46 AM
Reply #447

bluenuck

I agree.

But I'm tired of thinking everything is okay because there's so much fuckin shite in this league. That's not a good position to be in. It just means we're closer to the shit then the top 6. And it's just a matter of time before we become that shit.

July 29, 2018, 11:02:08 AM
Reply #448

Ramjam

If the desired signings don’t materialise within the next nine days we’re already there mate
WE ARE THE PEOPLE