September 25, 2018, 08:23:58 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 15686 times)

June 09, 2018, 12:36:34 AM
Reply #15

Bluedylan

Had a few frosty ones in the sun?

Not yet today. Just think he's gonna be a bit special for us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 10, 2018, 09:35:35 AM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Dunno if this has been posted, but it's a really interesting watch just from the point of view of seeing all the stuff a new manager has to do on his first day:

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2018/06/05/everton-unseen-marco-silvas-first-day

June 10, 2018, 11:21:31 PM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

He'll get time (as long as we're not in the relegation zone or summat). Not concerned about that. Think people will be surprised by how quickly we improve. Silva and Brands both realise we have plenty of talented 1st teamers, and plenty of talented kids. And Silva's known for improving players, so I think the priorities lie with trimming the squad of all the excess, and working with what we've got (with 2 or 3 key additions).

June 12, 2018, 01:09:13 AM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

Nice touch to text the young players at the tournament with a positive message. First impressions matter a lot, when trying to get people on side. Can't imagine big Ronald popping good luck texts out, for example. Will matter a lot to a young lad that.

July 24, 2018, 09:50:24 PM
Reply #19

Bluedylan

ok, i normally couldn't be arsed getting into these types of conversations, but i'll bite.

Why, of all of the food sources in the universe, why do you reckon they chose onion bhajis speficially?
Then, if you can come up with an answer - one that does not generalise a crowd of people or their demographic (maybe it's become a renown area of south asian cuisine in the 3 months since i was last there, i dont know) - you need to ask why this specific food item and it's origin was chosen specifically for its aroma and has been put on the same level as urine.

If you have plausible answers to them to questions, then fair enough.
But there are no plausible answers, only willful ignorance.

Calm down, snowflake.

July 25, 2018, 12:08:24 AM
Reply #20

Bluedylan

The scouse pies that they used to sell at the match aren't proper scouse. A big pan of proper homemade scouse cannot be replicatec or beaten. Chuck the leftover scouse in a bit of pastry and it's the food of winners.
If you ask anybody in Liverpool, they will always tell you that nothing can beat a pan of homemade scouse and that their ma's scouse is the best in the world.
It's really just a stew made from leftover vegetables and meat from the Sunday roast dinner. It's absolutely fucking awesome when it served with red cabbage or beetroot and a load of fresh crusty bread.

Correct

July 25, 2018, 12:15:11 AM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

You could serve my mam's scouse in a Michelin star restaurant. It's the stuff of legend in our family.

July 25, 2018, 12:20:30 AM
Reply #22

Bluedylan

My mums Scouse is amazing, she always makes an extra pan full and drops it off at mine, with loads of crusty cobs. Mines ok, when I can be arsed

Has to be with crusty cobs. She won't make it if she hasn't got them.

July 25, 2018, 12:35:03 AM
Reply #23

Bluedylan

July 25, 2018, 03:15:44 AM
Reply #24

Bluedylan

I've really enjoyed this culinary argument. Not even being sarcastic.

July 25, 2018, 05:12:33 AM
Reply #25

Bluedylan

Can't stand Indian food.

July 26, 2018, 05:09:14 AM
Reply #26

Bluedylan

July 27, 2018, 12:19:19 AM
Reply #27

Bluedylan

I suspect that we probably were a bit out of order in this matter. It has happened to us in other ways, getting bullied by bigger/richer clubs.

So then I suppose it comes down to a personal opinion whether you think we should rise above these things and not stoop to the level of some other clubs, or whether you think 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

July 29, 2018, 02:13:14 AM
Reply #28

Bluedylan

I think over time he'll be a good manager, but we might have a bit of a rocky road, until him and Brands have got the squad a bit more suitable to the desired style of play. When I say 'rocky road' I don't mean anywhere near relegation. Probably around the Top 10, with some good results and maybe the odd shocker.

July 29, 2018, 05:59:42 AM
Reply #29

Bluedylan

I'd be inclined to agree with that. That was one of my reservations about Silva.
When Martinez came in he had a well drilled defence amd tinkered with a good squad by injectiing some pace with Deulofeu and Lukaku in what was an already well assembled squad left by Moyes.
No way can Silva come to Everton and tinker with this side and get them playing expansive football.

This is why this job might be too soon for Silva. The characteristics of a manger we need at this moment in time to deal with the bottle merchants we have is not the one I see in Silva. Going by the way Silva left Watford when matters starting spiraling away from him, he clearly was less motivated to carry on once our interest became apparent and combine that with the players he currently has here you could see things turning negative and him walking away. Anyway hope i'm wrong and it all works out fine.

He didn't leave Watford 'when matters started spiraling away from him', as you put it.

'Matters started spiraling away' because he wanted to leave Watford and wanted to come here.

It's an important distinction. Your characterisation would mean that he was a rat deserting a sinking ship, when actually him wanting to get off the ship was what caused it to sink.