December 18, 2018, 10:50:20 PM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 17337 times)

June 10, 2018, 08:25:35 PM
Reply #210

dunkster

A slow, bad start and the masses will soon point to his Hull and Watford stint.
Unless something drastically goes wrong he needs 12 months just to implement his style.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 10, 2018, 08:37:51 PM
Reply #211

KoemansNumberTens

Unless something drastically goes wrong he needs 12 months just to implement his style.

I donít really think thatís true. Think heís in a very strong position with the fans. We all accept the squad is a mess. If itís still a mess and the new signings look poor brands will take some of the blame

I think everyone will happily give him a year assuming itís not truly dreadful.

June 10, 2018, 08:38:39 PM
Reply #212

School of Science

Agree with what you say except for the time element, I'd say two full years, the team is in a hell of a mess.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

June 10, 2018, 09:00:55 PM
Reply #213

gizzblue

In total agreement with both the aforementioned. ..he's gonna need time to rebuild us .. I honestly hope he gets it .
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:08:26 PM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

June 10, 2018, 11:21:31 PM
Reply #214

Bluedylan

He'll get time (as long as we're not in the relegation zone or summat). Not concerned about that. Think people will be surprised by how quickly we improve. Silva and Brands both realise we have plenty of talented 1st teamers, and plenty of talented kids. And Silva's known for improving players, so I think the priorities lie with trimming the squad of all the excess, and working with what we've got (with 2 or 3 key additions).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 11, 2018, 05:56:13 AM
Reply #215

dunkster

Roll on being entertained again.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 11, 2018, 01:58:45 PM
Reply #216

Toddacelli

As long as I can bear to watch Everton matches again he gets my backing.

Would literally have rather watched any other team in the league than us last season. Heartbreaking stuff at times.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 11, 2018, 04:44:42 PM
Reply #217

Lxxx

We really could do with getting a decent set of fixtures first up. I know there were a number of things which caused last season to go into meltdown but those opening set of games set us off on a slide which made everything snowball from there.

June 11, 2018, 04:59:15 PM
Reply #218

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We really could do with getting a decent set of fixtures first up. I know there were a number of things which caused last season to go into meltdown but those opening set of games set us off on a slide which made everything snowball from there.

Is the fixture list determined by a computer with a given set of parameters, I.e. Everton & Liverpool not playing at home same day etc. ?

June 11, 2018, 05:01:08 PM
Reply #219

Alanvideo

..........................don't see how things could snowball when there was a meltdown  lolol
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 11, 2018, 05:33:43 PM
Reply #220

Toddacelli

..........................don't see how things could snowball when there was a meltdown  lolol

Haha! He's got you there @Lxxx !

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 12, 2018, 01:09:13 AM
Reply #221

Bluedylan

Nice touch to text the young players at the tournament with a positive message. First impressions matter a lot, when trying to get people on side. Can't imagine big Ronald popping good luck texts out, for example. Will matter a lot to a young lad that.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 12, 2018, 01:14:10 AM
Reply #222

Macca77

Nice touch to text the young players at the tournament with a positive message. First impressions matter a lot, when trying to get people on side. Can't imagine big Ronald popping good luck texts out, for example. Will matter a lot to a young lad that.

Especially if he put a few cheeky XX after each text

June 12, 2018, 01:15:20 AM
Reply #223

blue slug

Yeah definitely agree and you canít imagine Sam doing anything like that heíd be to busy knocking back pints of wine and slamming a few ginsters down his gob

June 12, 2018, 01:27:24 AM
Reply #224

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Word is heís already done his research on the youngsters and rates them.

Dowell inparticular has been singled out as somebody he wants to have a good look at.

Connolly as well could have a role.