September 15, 2019, 12:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 21778 times)

July 25, 2018, 02:42:16 AM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
TBH Blargs, I’m guessing I’ve been to many other nations than you and that has not been my experience
so leave it at that.

Ok, whatever you say. Not sure why you're so vexed by it, but there you go.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 25, 2018, 02:48:25 AM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not in the least vexed Blargs, just don’t think that you are qualified to make judgement statement on what the rest of the world thinks about British cuisine, think you might be falling back on the the old fish and chips or steak and kidney pie perception commonly held by foreigners, no harm done.

I'm just going by whatever I've heard, and it's pretty much the same thing every country I've visited. Perhaps I don't keep with the same class of people as you?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 25, 2018, 02:59:18 AM
Reply #32

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Con, or Blargs for that matter, could you please give me three examples of what you call “authentic British cuisine” ?

Btw. peri peri is Angolan, not Portuguese.

I'd add onto what Con wrote above, bubble & squeak, Scouse has to be there too I guess :). Bangers & mash (yummy). I'll think of some more, it's been a long time.

July 25, 2018, 05:39:15 AM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Indian food in the UK is rarely from India though. It's usually Bangladeshi. At least here in Birmingham anyway.

There are some Indian restaurants springing up here that serve the sort of food I ate when I worked in Mumbai, which is so much better. Pani Puri, Wada Pav, Dosas etc. Awesome stuff.

(Just trying to elevate my post to Escla's levels of bourgeoisie)

Chinese food is even worse in that regard. Most of it is from New York.

July 25, 2018, 06:05:09 AM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

July 26, 2018, 06:54:41 PM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We'd still finish above them if we did get a points ban.

July 27, 2018, 12:30:15 AM
Reply #36

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I still believe we have already been punished anyway. We had Fat Sam for several months. What more do they want?

July 29, 2018, 09:54:16 AM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We need to be patient and give him time. It’s going to be rough and ugly but it will take time to turn things round.